Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,714 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Arabic is a Language and not a Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arabic is a Language and not a Religion (1206 Views)

Strange Tree With Arabic Inscription In Ogun, REAL PHOTOS / Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? Please Tell Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by charlesucheh(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2015
It has become a pattern and regular attitude of non-muslims to see the all famous language of most countries in the middle east and predominantly muslim nations as being part of islam. I am an alumni of the famous Ansar-ud-deen comprehensive high school and could remember the arabic teacher entering through the front door, and most christians using the exit back door. They (christians) ignorantly claim it's exclusively meant for muslim students, until one day when the normal entry and exit routine was about to happen and the arabic teacher pleaded with us to stay for five minutes and after then we can leave if we so wish. He made us understood then that Arabic is a language like English,french, dutch,igbo etc and that one stands to benefit a lot if they take it serious, he even said the bible in countries like egypt, isreal and other countries in the middle east are written in arabic. Then i sat down and thought as much, but then it was too late as i was approaching my final year. I wish i had the chance to learn the language again. Please, if you have such oppourtunity, dont throw it away as it might just be your last.

1 Like

Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by SeverusSnape(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2015
Arabic is the official Islamic language.

1 Like

Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 10:02am On May 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
It has become a pattern and regular attitude of non-muslims to see the all famous language of most countries in the middle east and predominantly muslim nations as being part of islam. I am an alumni of the famous Ansar-ud-deen comprehensive high school and could remember the arabic teacher entering through the front door, and most christians using the exit back door. They (christians) ignorantly claim it's exclusively meant for muslim students, until one day when the normal entry and exit routine was about to happen and the arabic teacher pleaded with us to stay for five minutes and after then we can leave if we so wish. He made us understood then that Arabic is a language like English,french, dutch,igbo etc and that one stands to benefit a lot if they take it serious, he even said the bible in countries like egypt, isreal and other countries in the middle east are written in arabic. Then i sat down and thought as much, but then it was too late as i was approaching my final year. I wish i had the chance to learn the language again. Please, if you have such oppourtunity, dont throw it away as it might just be your last.

If they learn Arabic, and they read the Quran in Arabic; they will likely become Muslim. That is their fear.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by charlesucheh(m): 10:48am On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

If they learn Arabic, and they read the Quran in Arabic; they will likely become Muslim. That is their fear.
but we have bibles written in arabic, will that also convert them, independent of reading the koran?
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 11:02am On May 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
but we have bibles written in arabic, will that also convert them, independent of reading the koran?

No. The Arabic Quran is in a class of its own. Incomparable.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by charlesucheh(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

No. The Arabic Quran is in a class of its own. Incomparable.
what do you mean? Pls elucidate.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 21, 2015
charlesucheh:
what do you mean? Pls elucidate.

It is incomparable, what do you compare it to? I did not really understand what was miraculous about the Quran myself... until I learnt to speak Arabic. Do you sometimes watch Arab-speaking Imams leading the prayers in a mosque, burst into tears; maybe on tv? The mere choice of words in the Quran; when properly recited in Arabic; tears at your heart. Sometimes, casually hearing a verse being recited, just awakens some deep comprehension in you that you might not have experienced though you have likely heard that same verse a thousand times before. When you perform salaat behind a good reciter, you just wish he would go on and on and on...

Sorry. It is truly inexplicable.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

It is incomparable, what do you compare it to? I did not really understand what was miraculous about the Quran myself... until I learnt to speak Arabic. Do you sometimes watch Arab-speaking Imams leading the prayers in a mosque, burst into tears; maybe on tv? The mere choice of words in the Quran; when properly recited in Arabic; tears at your heart. Sometimes, casually hearing a verse being recited, just awakens some deep comprehension in you that you might not have experienced though you have likely heard that same verse a thousand times before. When you perform salaat behind a good reciter, you just wish he would go on and on and on...

I don't understand. How can any language be different from itself because of its application?
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

Yes we are afraid becoming demon possessed like your evil "prophet".
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

Al taqquiya, the devil is a liar.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 21, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't understand. How can any language be different from itself because of its application?

Told you. It is not easily explainable. It is sort of like the problem of how to explain colour to a congenitally blind man...think of it, it is impossible, yet so obvious to the sighted person that is seeing the colours... no puns intended.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 21, 2015
Jagoon:

Al taqquiya, the devil is a liar.

True. He is.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

Told you. It is not easily explainable. It is sort of like the problem of how to explain colour to a congenitally blind man...think of it, it is impossible, yet so obvious to the sighted person that is seeing the colours... no puns intended.
How then can one remove this veil impeding the vision?
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 21, 2015
Reyginus:
How then can one remove this veil impeding the vision?

Why do you need to? Are you a Muslim?
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

Why do you need to? Are you a Muslim?
I don't think it is about what I need but how this truth is arrived at. Don't you think so? No, I am not a Muslim.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 21, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't think it is about what I need but how this truth is arrived at. Don't you think so? No, I am not a Muslim.

I truly do not know. God guides who He wishes, and perhaps one just has to be sincere about seeking the way. I used to pray to God to guide me to the truth...and I studied a lot of different religions; I still do; out of curiosity; someone just provided me on a link and books to Igbo mythology on another post, and I truly find it interesting. However, no system of faith gave me the kind of tranquility that Islam gave me, or that sense of answering all the questions about life to my complete satisfaction. One thing though, is that one has to approach the study with an open mind. There is so much hate-filled propaganda about Islam currently on the media; caused partially I will admit; by our more extreme brothers, that it is difficult to be objective, but those that get there find Islam gives them that aha! moment.

Anyhow, the outstanding language of the Quran is not the only aspect of Islam that attracts people to the religion. If that were to be so, then no non-Arab will convert. Different people have different reasons for following a path to the submission to God's Will, so knowing Arabic or experiencing the power of the unique literary function of the Quran is not essential to arriving at the truth of monotheism, and submission to the Will of the Almighty as expounded by Islam. But I find as I delve deeper into studying Islam, I get firmer and more peaceful in myself. Arabic helps there, since most books written and expounded by the earlier scholars, are not available in other languages.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2015
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2015
Abuamam:

I truly do not know. God guides who He wishes, and perhaps one just has to be sincere about seeking the way. I used to pray to God to guide me to the truth...and I studied a lot of different religions; I still do; out of curiosity; someone just provided me on a link and books to Igbo mythology on another post, and I truly find it interesting. However, no system of faith gave me the kind of tranquility that Islam gave me, or that sense of answering all the questions about life to my complete satisfaction. One thing though, is that one has to approach the study with an open mind. There is so much hate-filled propaganda about Islam currently on the media; caused partially I will admit; by our more extreme brothers, that it is difficult to be objective, but those that get there find Islam gives them that aha! moment.

Anyhow, the outstanding language of the Quran is not the only aspect of Islam that attracts people to the religion. If that were to be so, then no non-Arab will convert. Different people have different reasons for following a path to the submission to God's Will, so knowing Arabic or experiencing the power of the unique literary function of the Quran is not essential to arriving at the truth of monotheism, and submission to the Will of the Almighty as expounded by Islam. But I find as I delve deeper into studying Islam, I get firmer and more peaceful in myself. Arabic helps there, since most books written and expounded by the earlier scholars, are not available in other languages.
Okay.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by charlesucheh(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2015
Abuamam:

In short; IT's a controversial religion abi? Or what aren't you explaining?
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by true2god: 8:44am On May 23, 2015
Abuamam:

It is not easily explainable because you cant explain what you dont know. How can reading the quran in arabic have a far more reaching effect than reading it in english, french or any other language?

It is difficult to defend the irrational, and that is what you try to do but couldn't.
Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Nobody: 11:04am On May 23, 2015
true2god:
It is not easily explainable because you cant explain what you dont know. How can reading the quran in arabic have a far more reaching effect than reading it in english, french or any other language?

It is difficult to defend the irrational, and that is what you try to do but couldn't.

Don't mind the dunce isis, al queda, al shabab, Hamas e.t.c are all predominantly arab and they read and understand their evil quoran in Arabic yet it still inspires them to do more evil than muslims who don't understand Arabic. Even boko haram's shekau is fluent in Arabic.

1 Like

Re: Arabic is a Language and not a Religion by Ephemmm: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2015

How does this erase the claim by some Muslims that Arabic is the official language in heaven and anybody that cannot speak it will be thrown into lake of fire?

(1) (Reply)

Satan Does Not Lives In Hell. Check Out Where Satan Lives / Any Difference Between Hell And Lake Of Fire? / My Deliverace Story (testimony)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.