Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike (563 Views)

Fuel Scarcity To Continue Till February 2016 - The Sun / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NNPC Depots Run Dry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by miteolu(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2015
The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) on Monday said the prevailing fuel scarcity in Nigeria may worsen if depot owners shut their depots to tanker drivers.Mr. Tokunbo Korodo, the South-West Chairman of the union, said in Lagos on Monday that no tanker driver had loaded petroleum products as at 1.30 p.m on Monday.

“What I was told was that the independent depot owners may have shut their depots to tanker drivers because of the over N200 billion owed them by the Federal Government.

“The other information I got was that the Depot and Petroleum Products Marketing Association (DAPPMA) is meeting with the President-elect on the subsidy issue.

“I think the outcome of that meeting may determine if DAPPMA will reopen the depots for loading or import more into the country.

“But as at 1.30 p.m. on Monday none of the union members has loaded fuel from DAPPMA depots in Apapa,” Korodo said.

Korodo said that DAPPMA and major marketers were aggrieved over the yet to be settled subsidy claims.

http://native9ja.com/fuel-scarcity-to-linger-as-depots-owners-threaten-strike/

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by OduaVanguard: 10:33am On May 21, 2015
Can the situation get any more worse than it already is?
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by Nobody: 10:37am On May 21, 2015
If Nigeria will survive dis, mehn a lot of corrupt leaders should be jailed I swear
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by K9blunt(f): 10:49am On May 21, 2015
adeekiti:
If Nigeria will survive dis, mehn a lot of corrupt leaders should jailed I swear
I can't agree more, this whole issue with this currupt people is unexplainable and killing. if I get out of this alive mehn , the thunder that will fire them will waste no time in frying their azz.
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by Nobody: 10:52am On May 21, 2015
It's crazy we innocent Nigerians are paying for dis , when d corrupt leaders are enjoying their loots.. Its better dey start preparing for wraths from we Nigerians , we are tired
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Linger As Depots Owners Threaten Strike by Nobody: 10:55am On May 21, 2015
We deserve an explanation to all dis shiit , someone must open up and uncover the hidden truth

(1) (Reply)

Train Kills Middle Age Woman In Lagos / I Dont Know What Fuel Subsidy Means-buhari / Checkout Golden Spoon For Mrs Babangida???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.