Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,416 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back (20575 Views)

Explaining The New Bank Charges, Lending And Deposit Rates Announced By The CBN / CBN Reduces Lending Rate To 11 Percent / Cash Shortage Hits Banks, Overnight Lending Rate Jumps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
I don't lend money
It's the surest way to end a friendship
I just give you what I can afford as a gift and that's it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by menix(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2015
hmmm..

Today am one of d broke dudes buh i seriously have nothing less than 800k outside and none is even thinking of paying back..

The first was 220k in 2010, took him to trinity police station in lagos and when he narrated ow life is dealing with him, the IPO change am 4 me ooo..
Immediately i swore neva to ask of that money buh Karma would pay him back..

Even the police guy i reported the matter to is owing mii 80k after we became friends, d last i called him was funny to me cous he complained am disturbing him.

The very one that could ve given mii mental craze is a fwend asking for a million naira to execute a biz, i declined but offered him around 100k, cant even remember the actual sum nd till date nah story..

Infact, d worst is my very good friend, his borrowing was out of d world without repaying the one he owed previously. Was with him this year and he told me how he sold his half plot in PH for 7 million.
i stood still wondering wat humans are, he had such money and never bothered to pay back the little he owed buh my foolish self did not utter any word to him...

My prayers since last quarter of last year is a stone heart that would spit on friends begging...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by DrTeeee(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2015
Never borrow anybody the amount you can't give out!

4 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by emmy99(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2015
Never lend out what u can't let go or better still when the borrower comes, give him/her stories that touch, you might be lucky he/she would have pity on you, 4get is own troubles and dash u some cash cryNever lend out what u can't let go or better still when the borrower comes, give him/her stories that touch, you might be lucky he/she would have pity on you, 4get is own troubles and dash u some cash
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 26, 2015
A close friend borrowed from me to augment his own money for marriage till today the same guy has not said anything about the money, though I have not ask him but deep down am not happy about it cos he told me one week after the marriage he will pay back but now its months.

Pastor Archie Aseme will always tell us that any money you cant forfeit don't lend it out.

3 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by guttentag(m): 5:21pm On May 26, 2015
I have so many experience in borrowing out money to friends, I guess they wouldn't forget the heat i gave them
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by queebeediva(f): 5:21pm On May 26, 2015
Givers never lack and beggers always Ask.

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by ednut1(m): 5:22pm On May 26, 2015
call me stingy. dont lend pple money shior, a female friend of mine begged me to lend her cousin money for his schools fees cos he needed it to proess his UK visa. he father was in Australia ( so she said). i formulated stories and refused to gv her. she later used her savings 75k nd gv him, dat was jun 2014. December i asked hw far d guy. d dude apparently lives in port Harcourt. has not travelled and refused to pay her back.first excuse i need to sow seed cos d job is new, i need to rent Hoise in PH, etc till he stopped picking her calls. human being can be heartless. i dnt entertain lenders

7 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Mystiqme: 5:24pm On May 26, 2015
“The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.” smiley

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by PassingShot(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2015
Dollarchap:
Since you know the person doesn't pay, then it makes sense that you only lend what you can easily forgo. Consider it as a gift to him from day one. If he pays, fine. If he fails to pay, you won't carry pains.
That has been my policy.
My policy too. It's been so for many years.
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Forwetinnah: 5:26pm On May 26, 2015
No 7 is the only solution. Friends especially don't think it's necessary to refund money borrowed especially if they feel you have alot to spare. With friends it's better you give the sum of money you can forget about if they don't return it. It's funny to lend someone 50k and expect to get it back, when you've previously lent them 20k that they are yet to return. Na trouble you dey find so

3 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by mmsen: 5:26pm On May 26, 2015
I lend once and if you pay me back I'll consider lending again.

If you don't pay me back then I wont waste time reminding you but I will no longer bankroll you.

Simple.

4 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 26, 2015
annoying angry ....Indeed.

I lent a guy some money n I gave him terms n conditions which he promise to apply ...He was gonna pay back in 3days cuz he needed the cash urgently.

could u bliv dis dude refused to pay me after 3days...anytime he sees me ,he takes off with speed angry so I had to arrange some of my guys to teach him a lesson he wouldn't 4get in a bit ..

we smacked his fvck face severally till he had to pay immediately..

the dude was even having some cash on him enough to pay me back undecided
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by dokunbam(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
My own is just to give what I can afford not to ask again if I found myself I such situation.

das all

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by bogolobango(m): 5:29pm On May 26, 2015
am in the same shiit a friend of mine he came to naija from UK i borrowed him my cash buh he keeps comming up with different stories to pay me back i have nt recieve kobo till date getting close to 2months now nd he has already return to UK

Me = one chance

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by pheyhi(f): 5:33pm On May 26, 2015
this is ma situation gat lotta pple owing me buh m nt d kind of person to ask pple for d money wen its due

do u think i avent tried all dose methods buh when they come ma resistance just fails

lord i need help ASAP

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by oppybouy(m): 5:37pm On May 26, 2015
6ty6ix:
i have been a victim many times so if any one ask me for money i just tell a them a [size=20pt]STORY[/size] that will make pity me and wish they never came to me
oya ff me jhoor cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by nerodenero: 5:39pm On May 26, 2015
I don't lend people money as such. I let out money that I know if it doesn't come back or I don't get paid back, I won't feel bad. That is the logic I use and I have not regretted doing such.
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 26, 2015
babestella:

Forget it, why did you give loan to your Inlaw? He will always not want to pay back. Best is to just give whatever you can give to help his ministry.

Right now a friend is owing me 450k which he invested in fixing his 2 haulage trucks since January, it's been story after story. I am even tired.
Come on Stella! You brought this issue to nairaland?
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Horlufemi(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2015
missKiffy:
My own opinion is never to borrow anybody money, what you should rather do is to give, if for instance someone wants to borrow 50,000, Jst give d person about 5k or 10k or more if you can and let the person know you are giving him and not borrowing him and source for the rest. Rather than borrowing him and he will be giving you stories

That's exactly what I do. Give 10% or 5% of the money. Let him/her go n source for the remaining

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Moana(f): 5:42pm On May 26, 2015
I never lend money to people when i know there is no security to gurantee payment.
A best friend can turn into a stranger when money is involved.

5 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by adonismuller(m): 5:43pm On May 26, 2015
Sometimes I feel I am a wicked person,I don't lend people money and hate borrowing! because it always end in stories...I rather dash someone money than lend,or better still if I lend I will assume that money is gone...

Hope I am not wicked?
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Adesiji77: 5:43pm On May 26, 2015
pheyhi:
this is ma situation gat lotta pple owing me buh m nt d kind of person to ask pple for d money wen its due

do u think i avent tried all dose methods buh when they come ma resistance just fails

lord i need help ASAP

You are not alone. More than half of people who borrow do not plan on paying back. It is a terrible trait!

I used to find it uncomfortable asking for money that i have lent out but i found out that i usually end up accumulating sticky debts.

So rather than give myself needless heartaches, I have decided to be giving outright donations that i can afford and that my budget can accomodate. You cannot solve all the problems in the world.

Otherwise, you get to tell "stories that touch".

Now, If i MUST lend (sizeable amount), I get post-dated cheques from the borrower and it must be for a VERY short term.
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Btruth: 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
magaliyu:
What Is The Solution For Retrieving A Loan From Your Inlaw And You Dont Want To Spoil Your Relationship.
send their daughter or son to them. It's so easy.

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Moana(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
adonismuller:
Sometimes I feel I am a wicked person,I don't lend people money and hate borrowing! because it always end in stories...

Hope I am not wicked?
im like that too
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 26, 2015
I don't lend money to my friends, whichever one i give to them, i just forget. I try to lend money which i can forget easily to friends, but i won't say so since i want to test him (no girl has borrowed from me).
Try not to lend excessive money beyond your elastic limit to friends unless you want to ruin the friendship

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by nwadiuko1(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2015
hahn:

Exactly.

Another way is, when you notice the person doesn't want to pay, don't mention about it for a while probably 2-5months. Humans tend to forget their mistakes and you can take advantage by asking for a loan of the same amount.

When the person asks you to pay back, you can remind hin/her of their previous debt
so you think say person wey dy owe u go gree lend u money?

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by adonismuller(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2015
Moana:
im like that too
lol, I use to think I am being wicked o
Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by nwadiuko1(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2015
My dad always said......"Don't lend to anybody what you cannot afford to lose".

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by Adesiji77: 5:49pm On May 26, 2015
nwadiuko1:
My dad always said......"Don't lend to anybody what you cannot afford to lose".

Time-tested advice smiley

1 Like

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by winegate: 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
I have a similar issue like that of the op. A close family asked for loan to take his wife to hospital as she was going into labour and needs caesarean section for safe delivery. He promised to pay back within a month. On a good day I wouldnt have given much but considering the wife's situation I gave him something significant. Luckly for him the wife put to bed without cs. This is the eighth month, he has not paid back.

2 Likes

Re: Lending Money To Friends Who Hardly Pay Back: how to get your money back by chigoizie7(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
I cannot give u upto what u asked for, imagine a gal even suggested I should borrow from anoda person so as to lend her, she wan pay skul fees, I told her no problems say,my friend don agree to give me,make she come collect am on the deadline, for were? I just comot my ba3 from my phone put am for my babe handbag wey she go carry go skul,

Some people are just so anoying wit demands as per money matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Price Club: The New Nigerian Naira (best Layman's Explanation) / FG Says Power Generation Hits All-Time High At 4,600MW / Top Paying Online Marketing Programs Nigerians Can Sign Up For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.