Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,754 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:27 PM

Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki (2310 Views)

Wike Begins Demolition Of Structures On Waterways(photos) / Ikpeazu Moves To Demolish Illegal Structures In Aba / Every Illegal Structures In Aba Must Go Down, Vows Dr Ikpeazu (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by wokess: 7:39am On Feb 12, 2009
i just received some information from a very authentic source that lagos state urban and regional planning ministry is set to demolish the conoil filling station at Lekki to set up a round-about there. i think this is more of a political issue because
1. there are already 2 round-about which is not far apart from each other.
2. Why demolish a filling station where you have a bank and globacom office in it
3. why Mike Adenuga's company's when there are several lands which have no structures on them

But i learnt talks is going on right now on this issue with Fashola because they are suppose to start the demolition tonight.

The staff were only just informed today.

If you do not believe me go to that filling station, it is by Chisco bus-stop you will see a yellow mark for the demolition and the Bank have already placed a notice directing their customers to other Branches

what bases are they doing this?

i see this as proper bad belle in the first order.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Lagosboy: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2009
Pls can you not look at issues without uneccessary sentiments?

If the govt deems it fit that a round about would ease traffic flow so be it. What has Mike Adenugas globacom got to do with the thousands of commuters on that route.

What is d bad belle there?

Do you work at that Globacom office grin grin
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by gbolah1(m): 9:24am On Feb 12, 2009
@wokess
What are you insinuating about, are you saying Adenuga and fashola are not in good condition that is why they want to demolish it or what?

What you need to realized is that fashola is doing a greet job, am not aware of demolishing the whole filling station but I know the lekki epe expansion of the road affected the front of that filling station, and it is not only that filling station affected, it affected all the bulding along lekki epe road, so what are you now talking about, I don’t understand you, I leave in Thomas estate aja and I pass through that place everyday to my office, may be you can enlighten us on the issue better than the way you have put it.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
wokess:

i just received some information from a very authentic source that lagos state urban and regional planning ministry is set to demolish the conoil filling station at Lekki to set up a round-about there. i think this is more of a political issue because
1. there are already 2 round-about which is not far apart from each other.
2. Why demolish a filling station where you have a bank and globacom office in it
3. why Mike Adenuga's company's when there are several lands which have no structures on them

But i learnt talks is going on right now on this issue with Fashola because they are suppose to start the demolition tonight.

The staff were only just informed today.

If you do not believe me go to that filling station, it is by Chisco bus-stop you will see a yellow mark for the demolition and the Bank have already placed a notice directing their customers to other Branches

what bases are they doing this?

i see this as proper bad belle in the first order.

@Poster, here are some questions for you

a) Could Adenuga himself have given the land over to the government?
b) Could the land had been illegally acquired by Adenuga in the first place?
c) Could it be that Adenuga accepted compensation for the land?
d) Why is Adenuga not going to court over this? Or is he?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2009
Poster, please relax.

First, let it be known that this new development wouldn't hurt Adenuga a bit.

Second, if government is doing anything to improve the standard of living of the citizens, we have no choice but to go with the flow. And I have a feeling that Adenuga feels the same.

Third, this news might be new to us, but I'm certain that Adenuga knows about it in advance.

Four, I wouldn't be surprised if Adenuga as usual, has volunteered to give up the land to contribute towards the development of Lagos state.

Finally, I advise to take it easy, and allow Adenuga and Fashola to work things out.
I do not think this has anything to do with politics, Fashola is an intelligent man.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
zomby:

Poster, please relax.

First, let it be known that this new development wouldn't hurt Adenuga a bit.

Proof please!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
was that question for me?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
Yeah!! How do you know that Adenuga is not being hurt by this move? Any proof?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
if you guys wont provide pictures abeg stop posting stuff jare. if you provide pics showing the location isnt obstructing traffic then we'll be better able to give an informed response. by the way because there are two roundabouts already does mean if a third one is needed it should be added.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2009
Yeah!! How do you know that Adenuga is not being hurt by this move? Any proof?
Adenuga has over 250 other filling stations all over Nigeria
In 4 years, he has spent more than $200m for Sport in Nigeria
He gave about 2000 acre of land to OSU
He built a church from scratch in his home town
He has up to 300 buildings in great areas just in Lagos.

should I continue?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2009
that doesnt prove he is not hurting. that one location could be providing revenue that eqauals 20 location
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2009
You're very funny, you should be a comedian.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2009
sure i do standup comedy in my spare time. but my point still stands
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2009
I have to agree with must_a_far yet again, that is not proof that Adenuga will not be hurt by the move made.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2009
sure i do standup comedy in my spare time. but my point still stands

OK, I will make your day.

The next Conoil filling station from this one in Lekki is less than a mile. This means customers will move on to the next one.
Adenuga is not a fool, I'm certain that something is being designed to makesure that the revenue from this filling station is not totally being lost.
The man loves challenges and also has well tested ways of operation.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
zomby:

OK, I will make your day.

The next Conoil filling station from this one in Lekki is less than a mile. This means customers will move on to the next one.
Adenuga is not a fool, I'm certain that something is being designed to makesure that the revenue from this filling station is not totally being lost.
The man love challenges and also has well tested ways of operation.

so are you saying as fact that there are no other stations in between the one marked for demolition and the next one in lekki. mind you i am not talking simply about conoil here. when i make mention of station i mean filling stations in general.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2009
That will be between you and the customer.
I personally prefer to stick to one filling station.

I'm certain that Adenuga will not be hurt a bit. May be the customers or the employees, but it wouldn't be Mike.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 6:55pm On Feb 12, 2009
samba dancing, i know a dancer when i see one.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
Don't you just hate it when you are sold conjecture as fact?
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
Please, feel free to judge me.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Feb 12, 2009
Not judging you, just wondering why you do not see that you are offering us more conjecture and yet NO PROOF!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2009
judge u ke, when no be say i be mr. perfect, which i honestly dont pray to be.

i would want to know though. are u referring to adenuga the individual or adenuga as in his company? maibe if u make me understand ur opinion i might see this better.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
Obviously, 2 of you are not in Nigeria, so, it would be unfair to blame you for seeing things the way you do.

Oil sector in Nigeria is a well established line of business. You will make your money even if you have 1 filling station. For Conoil, the idea of having multiple filling stations close to one another is only to make life easy for their customers.
It wouldn't surprise me if Conoil is losing more money for having too many filling stations around. But it shouldn't be all about the money at all time. Some times it pays to pay more attention to your customers and your policies.

As usual, the first thing  that crosses Nigerians minds is how much money Mike will be losing if this new development becomes real.
Are we thinking about people that may be losing their jobs? Are we at all thinking about the inconvenience of the customers?
How much money Mike will be losing should be the last thing on our minds. The man has passed this stage very long time ago.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2009
oh lordy!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by mustafar1: 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2009
at this point i give down.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by PapaBrowne(m): 12:53am On Feb 13, 2009
And at this point, I begin to wonder who made more sense btw Kobojunkie, Must_A_Far and Zomby!
Leaning more towards Zomby!
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by Depilot(m): 2:43am On Feb 13, 2009
Obviously, 2 of you are not in Nigeria, so, it would be unfair to blame you for seeing things the way you do.
Oil sector in Nigeria is a well established line of business. You will make your money even if you have 1 filling station. For Conoil, the idea of having multiple filling stations close to one another is only to make life easy for their customers.
It wouldn't surprise me if Conoil is losing more money for having too many filling stations around. But it shouldn't be all about the money at all time. Some times it pays to pay more attention to your customers and your policies.

As usual, the first thing that crosses Nigerians minds is how much money Mike will be losing if this new development becomes real.
Are we thinking about people that may be losing their jobs? Are we at all thinking about the inconvenience of the customers?

How much money Mike will be losing should be the last thing on our minds. The man has passed this stage very long time ago.
@PapaBrowne
I agree.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by kosovo(m): 5:42am On Feb 13, 2009
all land belong to the goventment.

this poster is so plain and unintelligent, your reasoning is dumb and to say that you are unassuming is an understatement.

what has Glo or Adenuga got do with the actualization of making Lagos a MEGA CITY.
that's why we dont grow, what should be done will never be done,
Development of a particular area should not be stalled becos of one Big name.
GOV. FASHOLA, bravo. i like this man, he fears no idiot and no red eyes.
i wish all governors can like him,,
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by rumpkisser(m): 6:07am On Feb 13, 2009
kosovo:

all land belong to the  goventment.

this poster is so plain and unintelligent, your reasoning is dumb and to say that you are unassuming is an understatement.

what has Glo or Adenuga got do with the actualization of making Lagos a MEGA CITY.

Thank you tell the sucker grin grin grin
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by zomby(m): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2009
all land belong to the  goventment.

Slow down before you hurt yourself.
Do not let us forget that investors investing their money is also part of developing a city. Bravo to governor Fashola without any question, but he can't do it all by himself and I'm sure that he understands this fact.

If demolishing of private properties is put in place to promote standard of living, as citizens, we have no choice, but to go with the flow. But government must introduce this project respectfully and accordingly.
I see no reason to disrespect the poster of this topic. He is under the impression that Adenuga wasn't properly informed before this decision was made by Lagos State government, which I doubt.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Adenuga as usual volunteered to give up the land to contribute towards making Lagos state a mega city.

Kosovo, please understand that demolishing of private properties doesn't necessarily have to be a responsibility of the governor. And building a mega city mostly doesn't drop from the sky. A governor still needs to entice investors to spend their money. This is not a brain surgery, that is just the way it is, everywhere.
Fashola is an intelligent man and his record shows that he works hand in hand with major investors all across Lagos State, and in fact this happens to be one of his super strength as a governor.

Mike Adenuga is directly responsible for a very good percentage of Lagosians employment and also in other parts of Nigeria. If people are jobless, there isn't much a governor could do to properly mobilize his people. Therefore, it is normal or natural for an intelligent governor to be more prudent when dealing with major investors and contributors like Mike.

I personally want to be like Mike.
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by multebrain(m): 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2009
i know by the time fashola turn  everyone  in lagos jobless then when everybody turn to armed robber  his  family and his business  will be  robbed  because i havent seen  where government closes allmarket  demolish all houses coz of community development without any alternative  na  wa  for nigeria government  oo
just  look  at UNITED STATE. UNITED KINGDOM and other european countries they provide  money  for   all company  that go bankrupt  just because they  dont  want  unemployment  in there  nation   but  that  is  not nigeria  they  send  you away  without  any  alternative GOd dey sha
Re: Demolition Of Structures In Lagos State - Lekki by ilaugh1: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2009
I have seen very many gas filling station gone down in Europe and replaced with structures, from houses, to parks and to just open ground, so, what is the big deal if a petrol station has to go to make life better for people in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways / $35million Fraud: Oyakhilome Fights Back, Fingered In Fresh Scam / Is Rochas Okorocha For Real(still Skeptical)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.