Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate (1353 Views)

Buhari Can’t Stop Me From Succeeding Him In 2019 – Sule Lamido / Buhari Receives Anglican Primate And Archbishops (Photos) / N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by ijustdey: 3:23pm On May 21, 2015
The Primate of Anglican Church, Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh‎, has called on Nigerians to be patient with the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, saying it is “very difficult” to fix the country within four years.

Okoh said this while speaking with journalists in Abuja on Thursday.

While advising Nigerians to be patient with the incoming administration, the cleric said Buhari should be given a year to study the situation and set the agenda properly.

He said, “Nigerians should be patient with Buhari, otherwise, he will worsen things if Nigerians push him to the wall and rush him into action. Let us give him a year to study the situation and set the agenda properly. It is difficult to fix Nigeria within six months.

“You can’t even fix a country within four years. Buhari has to take pain in making approvals, otherwise Nigerians will cause trouble for him. So Nigerians should pray for him and be patient with him.”

The cleric denied the allegation by the Executive Director of the Voice of Northern Christian Movement, Mr. Musa Dikwa, that Christian leaders were offered N7bn by the Presidency to campaign for the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan in the last general elections.

According to him, since the allegation came at a time when the two major political parties were working to win the election at all cost, the allegation “should be taken with a pinch of salt.”

He also endorsed the suggestion that churches should be made to pay taxes provided they have an agency that generates income.

Okoh stated that the Federal Government had mandated the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigerian and Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs in Nigeria to map out measures for the regulation and ownership of churches and mosques in the country.

The Anglican cleric also gave conditions under which churches and religious organization should pay tax to government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-cant-fix-nigeria-in-four-years-anglican-primate/
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 21, 2015
Ok..

“Nigerians should be patient with Buhari, otherwise, he will worsen things if Nigerians push him to the wall and rush him into action. Let us give him a year to study the situation and set the agenda properly. It is difficult to fix Nigeria within six months. grin

“You can’t even fix a country within four years. Buhari has to take pain in making approvals, otherwise Nigerians will cause trouble for him. So Nigerians should pray for him and be patient with him.” grin

This Man of God sef.....can someone remind me how much Jonathan paid these churches sef before the election? shocked
How can President Muhammadu Buhari succeed when Jonathan has fed them with our "billions of Naira"?
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
#babamustfulfilhispromises
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by SeverusSnape(m): 3:25pm On May 21, 2015
Why all these?...I thought Buhari is a magician who'll just wave a wand and every thing/where will just transform/change as though it is Hogwarts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by ijustdey: 3:26pm On May 21, 2015
“You can’t even fix a country within four years. Buhari has to take pain in making approvals, otherwise Nigerians will cause trouble for him. So Nigerians should pray for him and be patient with him.”

You are totally right on that sir..........

It is easier to pull down than to rebuild
Easier to spoil than to create......
This problem didn't just start today..... But the right step to quality changes is what we need
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by ijustdey: 3:29pm On May 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
#babamustfulfilhispromises

Just like GEJ did fulfill all his promisegringrin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:36pm On May 21, 2015
ijustdey:

Just like GEJ did fulfill all his promisegringrin
had it been GEJ promised us 1 USD to 1 NGN ...............
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by adaybayor(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by psucc(m): 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
Buhari said PDP used 16years to destroy Nigeria so Nigerians should be patient with him and now the Prelate says he can't fulfill his promises in 4 years.

My question then is:
How long does Buhari wants to stay in office to keep his promises
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by dunkem21(m): 3:57pm On May 21, 2015
How many years will it take to fix Nigeria grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 21, 2015
Welcome to Reality 101, a 6-unit Course!
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 21, 2015
Obviously
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 21, 2015
sarahatuba:
Obviously

You couldn't keep your words! Eventually, Aero cancelled the flight. .
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by dunkem21(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:
Welcome to Reality 101, a 6-unit Course!

grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:

You couldn't keep your words! Eventually, Aero cancelled the flight. .

sad traffic was crazy sad......I no be winch na cheesy

Hope you had fun last night? grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 21, 2015
sarahatuba:

sad traffic was crazy sad......I no be winch na cheesy

Hope you had fun last night? grin

Low key. ...you weren't there. ....I longed to have you gorgeously by my side last nite....It never happened; it was all a mirage. ..
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Low key. ...you weren't there. ....I longed to have you gorgeously by my side last nite....It never happened; it was all a mirage. ..

Gaahh!!! Now I feel guilty sad

But I told you to have fun for the both of us angry
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 21, 2015
sarahatuba:

Gaahh!!! Now I feel guilty sad

But I told you to have fun for the both of us angry

It would have been all fun, I swear. .....Well, I managed to catch some fun shaaa
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:

It would have been all fun, I swear. .....Well, I managed to catch some fun shaaa
sad

Good good!!....hope you didn't go overboard tho grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Eshinwaju: 4:23pm On May 21, 2015
See dis SS guy....toasting our SW babe......take ur ashewo business away from here..... cheesy
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by egift(m): 4:31pm On May 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Keep swimming in this lies and delusions, thinking you are smart.

#Anarchist
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 21, 2015
sarahatuba:

sad

Good good!!....hope you didn't go overboard tho grin

No way....It was a diminished grove. ...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 21, 2015
dearpreye:

No way....It was a diminished grove. ...
Ok good grin
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by BabaNath(m): 5:25pm On May 21, 2015
Only God can but I think he will set Nigeria on the right track.
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by BabaNath(m): 5:26pm On May 21, 2015
Only God can but I think he will set Nigeria on the right track. Pastor hope you have time for your members' welfare?
Re: Buhari Can’t Fix Nigeria In Four Years – Anglican Primate by ijustdey: 11:47am On May 22, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

keep carrying false rumors and propagate it.....

just like PDP propaganda did fail in time this one will likely do

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Signs Ikeja, Ikoyi, Apapa Model City Plans / CBN Extends BVN Registration Exercise To October 31st / Why Anambra Needs Those Prisoners/captives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.