Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. (40870 Views)

Nigerian Man Strips On The Streets Of Bangkok, Thailand (photo) / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by shady26(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2015
Wrong Caption. this is Ikom a town in Cross river State many Kilometers away from Calabar the capital and most beautiful city in Nigeria angry
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by virus04(m): 9:35pm On May 21, 2015
mtcheew...dis 1 na dirty??..
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by mbills: 9:40pm On May 21, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I can be cleared in 24 hours.
So this is no news.

It can be cleared in few hours.is abians here
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by estheremma(f): 9:40pm On May 21, 2015
I stay in calabar,dats not a pix of calabar.but recently most workers in CRS are on strike including those responsible for removing refuse,i can confidently tell u that some streets in calabar are now like this with refuse everywhere:streets lyk Enebong,mbukpa are almost blocked with refuse.each tym i pass there i wonder what Donald Duke will say if he sees d fyn spotless city he created turn to a dirty state.anybody in calabar can attest to that

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by samuelson06(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2015
Anybody calling this place Calabar is mad. Is Ikom now part of Calabar? A place that is like 3 or 4 hours drive from Calabar is now Calabar right? This OP is not serious abeg.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by blesoh(f): 9:45pm On May 21, 2015
baybeeboi:
OP, you the Mad abi?

How is Ikom a street in Calabar?

Ikom is a Local Government 3hr drive away from Calabr and you post Nonsense pictures here trying to create the impression that this is Calabar.
That picture was taken from Obudu Road in Ikom somewhere around Shopping center.
Stop deceiving people here.
thank u jare,dats hw they go about spreading false news,ikom nd calabar na small journey?me wey de calabar still d tink wey ikom str de.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by samuelson06(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2015
estheremma:
I stay in calabar,dats not a pix of calabar.but recently most workers in CRS are on strike including those responsible for removing refuse,i can confidently tell u that some streets in calabar are now like this with refuse everywhere:streets lyk Enebong,mbukpa are almost blocked with refuse.each tym i pass there i wonder what Donald Duke will say if he sees d fyn spotless city he created turn to a dirty state.anybody in calabar can attest to that

You sef. That's Calabar South nah. The main Calabar town is Calabar Municipality not that side.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by blesoh(f): 9:47pm On May 21, 2015
estheremma:
that side its calabar south na,most of d streets there are dirty apart frm yellow duke,,,,,,Liyel shld start packing his bags,worst gov eva
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by blesoh(f): 9:50pm On May 21, 2015
Mayor21:
My town is turning into something else.
A place that used to be extremely clean, now see how it is, i wish we still had Donald Duke.
bros calm down Liyel is going,this Short prof fit perfom oh,by d way dats ikom,i dont expect it to b so clean.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by baybeeboi: 9:54pm On May 21, 2015
blesoh:

thank u jare,dats hw they go about spreading false news,ikom nd calabar na small journey?me wey de calabar still d tink wey ikom str de.

lol!
Check well oo, u fit d live for Ikom street but no knw

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by mattonnairaland: 9:59pm On May 21, 2015
I can imagine the sickness that will be flying around.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by BibiBasy(f): 10:02pm On May 21, 2015
hahn:
Did their governor throw those things there?

Come on, we're talking about a country where 95% of the populace feel comfortable littering the streets with their waste. Its now a norm to drink sachet water and throw away the empty sachet on the floor. A country where most houses and shops don't have waste bins.

This is actually a very good opportunity for any entrepreneur with funds. Purchase some waste trucks, register a business name, have a business plan, solve this problem and become a millionaire
there's a body (private) handling that already. there are usually dumpsters at strategic positions and they are emptied about twice in a day. maybe non payment of salaries is what caused that...

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Tonybills(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2015
Here na for outsktech of the town no be the main calabad metropolis.infcar calabar fine past ant place including Akwa ibom state aka akwa ibom ayaya
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by vickylois(f): 10:10pm On May 21, 2015
Yuck. embarassed

Iranu abasha cry
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 21, 2015
This looks like a semi village in calabar
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Reference(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2015
slimfit1:
We can't blame Jonathan for this one oh. I need something i can blame clueless for. grin

Hmmm. Its Buhari's turn to get the 'uncommon sledge hammer'. I hope he develops elephant skin. He will so, so need it.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Youngzedd(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2015
baybeeboi:

How is Ikom a street in Calabar?

Ikom is a Local Government 3hr drive away from Calabr and you post Nonsense pictures here trying to create the impression that this is Calabar.
That picture was taken from Obudu Road in Ikom somewhere around Shopping center.
Stop deceiving people here.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Mayor21(m): 10:39pm On May 21, 2015
blesoh:

bros calm down Liyel is going,this Short prof fit perfom oh,by d way dats ikom,i dont expect it to b so clean.
Hmm, Ikom?
It's been a very neat town, till of recent, the IUDA parked all the refuse containers to were only God knows, since then residents have been dumping refuse everywere.
IK is a very neat town.
BTW, were are u from?
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by baybeeboi: 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
estheremma:
I refuse to attest to that.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Reference(m): 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
Zellie:
Disgusting. I thought they said it was 'Small London' grin

Ikom is a 3 and a half hour drive from Calabar by the way. Cross-River prides itself as a state where everything works and things like these are a serious anomaly. On any given day it is hard to find dirty streets, hard to find garbage, hard to find traffic lights that don't work and hard to find street lights that don't shine. That was Donald Duke's legacy slowly ebbing away under the sleepiest governor in Nigeria, Liyel Imoke.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Ekpees: 11:02pm On May 21, 2015
baybeeboi:

I refuse to attest to that.
bros dont argue i live in calabar ,calabar is very dirty ,now
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by blesoh(f): 11:08pm On May 21, 2015
Mayor21:

Hmm, Ikom?
It's been a very neat town, till of recent, the IUDA parked all the refuse containers to were only God knows, since then residents have been dumping refuse everywere.
IK is a very neat town.
BTW, were are u from?
Akamkpa
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by baybeeboi: 11:12pm On May 21, 2015
Ekpees:
bros dont argue i live in calabar ,calabar is very dirty ,now
Ekepeyong, i still refuse to attest.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by besttrader: 11:22pm On May 21, 2015
Yep, this is Ikom located around 290km away from Calabar the capital city of Cross River State. The truth is the fact that the town enjoyed the townization policy of Donald Duke and was very clean after the then governor Duke constructed most of the roads in Ikom (State House estate roads, Ikom Town roads, Sweet Mother Street, Mile 2 Road, Market Road, etc). Duke did a lot to improve of the living standards of the people of Cross River state, Governor Liyel Imoke had no policy drive and all the gains made were lost or are close to being lost.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by BabaNath(m): 12:21am On May 22, 2015
onlyson16:
i av noting to talk with a smoker.but try lean idiots/prodigal man
i quite understand how frustrated you must be, judging from incoherent statement. Get busy with your life toddler
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by AGgal(f): 12:52am On May 22, 2015
blesoh:

My dear, Ikom was as clean and green as Calabar until recently. I was so used to the cleanliness of my state that even if I traveled out you would never catch me littering the environment.

Liyel just abandoned the urban development project totally. Now my beloved state is becoming an eyesore.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 12:52am On May 22, 2015
That's normal in Nigeria grin grin
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Orikinla(m): 2:03am On May 22, 2015
Dirty environment shows failure of the waste management authorities of the government. Any government that cannot clean up dirty streets is an incompetent government. Like here in Lagos, LAWMA has failed to clean the streets and yet they say LAWMA is working. If LAWMA is working, then why are the streets of Lagos dirty and stinking? Heaps of refuse now decorate the streets of Lagos. Even in front of the popular FRIENDS Club in Fadeyi, where Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has been to is decorated with heaps of refuse and LAWMA has ignored the rubbish for months. It is a SHAME! Nigerians can be shamelessly dirty.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Crixina(f): 3:42am On May 22, 2015
Taylor86:
are u sure dis is calabar

because d calabar i know is whiter dan snow
this is no calabar, Ikom is a different local govt.miles away from calabar,though it is in Cross River State.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Allansmith: 6:39am On May 22, 2015
Nice Concepts...

This is actually a very good opportunity for any entrepreneur with funds. Purchase some waste trucks, register a business name, have a business plan, solve this problem and become a millionaire[/quote]
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by FOREXMARTS: 6:49am On May 22, 2015
chinysblog:

www.chinysblog..in/2015/05/ikom-on-verge.html?m=0
I don't see trash, i see millions but unfortunately we live in a country filled mostly with dumb people in government, Nass ought to make a waste law on separation and bagging of wastes by households, this is money, imagine Sweden imports wastes from other countries and converts them to fuel because it's internally generated wastes ain't enough and here we are.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 6:51am On May 22, 2015
Crixina:
this is no calabar, Ikom is a different local govt.miles away from calabar,though it is in Cross River State.

ur from cross rivers right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Military Plane Crashes In Ivanovo With 15 Onboard; All Dead(photo) / How Can ₦‎1 Million Take Me Abroad? / Assa community In Imo State Flooded (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.