Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,122 members, 7,957,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Do You Remember This One - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do You Remember This One (34862 Views)

Childhood Days: Did You Remember Doing This To Little Brother? / Video Games In The Past, Do You Remember Any Of These? / Do You Remember This Game?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember This One by Lanmbo(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
My players where formidable cos I used to double d canters
Re: Do You Remember This One by sniper77(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
how time flies.we don old o.na krest bitter lemon cover be my own canters then.my team was known as the KK eleven of Zambia.my dad's garage served as our stadium. we hosted the 1990 world cup then and called it ajo 90.

The goal posts were made from aluminium clothe hangers and my elder sister's shower cap.that way u hear the pop sound when the ball(that white part which the brown strip rolls on of a radio cassette)hits the net.

So much money at stake then for the 1st,2nd and 3rd position.

16boys from the neighbourhood and it was a group format.I played against my cousin in the last group match and needed a draw to enter the knock out stage. I was so happy when I got the first goal and I lost the match 1-3.I never forgive my cousin up to this very moment for that match.na crush orange canters im use and he was known as the German machine.
Re: Do You Remember This One by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
crixlight2:
Where are the village boy like me... gone are the days

Once be a champion in our street grin
Like if you play this very well
In my hood we called this game "MEN" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This One by bigproff(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
olareed:
we play on paper not tiles...

In Ur own time, u meet d modern kind of it wia we draw d pitch on a white paper and tap d boton ball with a biro cover on d pitch
Re: Do You Remember This One by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 23, 2015
i remember if you played this game too often back then, you were considered a dull student academically....i will revive this game but with a twist ...just got an idea!
Re: Do You Remember This One by bonna4u(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2015
publicenemy:
This one is even too local...

We used to use enssential balm and Rob methylatum covers rapped in paper,with candle wax inside to give it weight and the names and numbers of real life footballers on back of each player as well as make goal post from iron clothe hangers and bathing sponges as net sewn to the hangers...then mark the floor like a football pitch.we used to have competitions and I was among the weakest in my neighborhood..man modern kids are missing...
Good old table soccer. we used to use eba as gum to attach the names of players written on pieces of paper on our bottle covers. I am not boasting when I say I never met a person who could beat me twice on the trot in this soccer.
Re: Do You Remember This One by Btruth: 8:59pm On May 23, 2015
Yes ooo, but not on tiles, but on the school desk. I always got beaten. cheesy
Re: Do You Remember This One by spencekat(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2015
It was my favourite those days.I played it from my pre-teen days to 19 years.
Re: Do You Remember This One by Motolank: 9:09pm On May 23, 2015
crixlight2:

Can you change your dp to where you are not picking your nose?
Re: Do You Remember This One by crixlight2(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2015
Motolank:

Can you change your dp to where you are not picking your nose?
lol dat one no be nose picking now look closely or make u adjust your glass
Re: Do You Remember This One by olareed(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2015
bigproff:

In Ur own time, u meet d modern kind of it wia we draw d pitch on a white paper and tap d boton ball with a biro cover on d pitch
so in ur own time,there was tiles?...how old are u sef?
Re: Do You Remember This One by piagetskinner(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2015
And I don't know it oo...chai, see the disadvantage of always staying indoorssad I remember biro soccer thowink
Re: Do You Remember This One by ivili(m): 9:22pm On May 23, 2015
SAMBARRY:
If you didn't use any of these then we aren't mates
God bless you for this pictures,i am very emotional right now just by starring at them(God how time fly so quickly).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Remember This One by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 23, 2015
crixlight2:

Those sweet days
Re: Do You Remember This One by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 23, 2015
proudly did this shii. on a smoother surface tho'
Re: Do You Remember This One by lilyaustine10(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2015
I had to cover my face with Smile when I saw this. too bad kids of nowadays don't know how to play, only violent play.
Re: Do You Remember This One by bidexmat(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2015
Spot on. U jst said my mind. To spice it up, I recorded commentaries and I can never forget some dinstinguished crown corks that coincindentally fitted the jersies of countries like argentina, germany, nigeria, england et al. Crown corks like gulder, "33", limca/ seven up, star, kroneburg etc. It was paradise on earth. JIK old rubber container suffer well well. E reach one level wey b say guys dey use money register for fifa inter street world cup/ home and away! Lol grin. Even best player dey carry plenty chocolate go hause! Na my papa calender suffer pass. I dey steal dates like money! grin all this indomie kids generation nor sweet. Na so so PES wey dem no fit win man pikin dem knw. Abeg any of them don drive tire from their papa house go anoda local gov't? di best local formular one! Our mama get faith den pass nw cos dem knw say their pikin go return latest by 6pm. Buh God help u if traffic hold u for road so bad u kon dey return after eight in the evening cos di whole street for don dey wait for u. Ur papa fit nor shout immediately, I'm go order say make dem giv u food, baff u kon make u sleep well till 12am grin I pity ur sheet box cos men wa kpolongo!!! angry grin
publicenemy:
This one is even too local...

We used to use enssential balm and Rob methylatum covers rapped in paper,with candle wax inside to give it weight and the names and numbers of real life footballers on back of each player as well as make goal post from iron clothe hangers and bathing sponges as net sewn to the hangers...then mark the floor like a football pitch.we used to have competitions and I was among the weakest in my neighborhood..man modern kids are missing...

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember This One by lilyaustine10(m): 9:40pm On May 23, 2015
table soccer, nah wah oh, how time flies. children of nowadays sure don't know how to play.
Re: Do You Remember This One by Ifebazz(m): 9:54pm On May 23, 2015
Table soccer.
Re: Do You Remember This One by Ekpekus(m): 10:28pm On May 23, 2015
erico2k2:

In my hood we called this game "MEN" grin grin grin
E be like say you na area o.
The sweet part na when you use shot blast goalie with ball enter net grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This One by ichommy(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2015
CountDracula:
Omo u no get captain nau
U play am weller Captain no dey. Gbayi cheesy
Re: Do You Remember This One by donPhill(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2015
play is an understatement ....I won all league , we go tire for football sotey na police and criminal raid we go do...if u re nocked out of line, u re dead...last man standing is the winner
Re: Do You Remember This One by Afoskalex(m): 10:55pm On May 23, 2015
crixlight2:

That is Table Soccer. Hmm... Those days, I played it with my friends and younger ones. Some times we used to organize competition with trophies for the 1st,2nd and 3rd positions. Aye n lo a n to.
Re: Do You Remember This One by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 23, 2015
crixlight2:
u no play Ds pass me ooo
Re: Do You Remember This One by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 23, 2015
#TeamPepsi

Because of this game, I had shirts without buttons.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This One by OG1BABY(f): 11:45pm On May 23, 2015
I dislocated my leg then because of this game grin
Re: Do You Remember This One by ufelove(m): 11:48pm On May 23, 2015
I no too win many trophy for dis game but mehn!! My button dey tear paper if I play P.K. .. King of penalties..# I gave myself d title..
Re: Do You Remember This One by Motolank: 12:00am On May 24, 2015
crixlight2:
lol dat one no be nose picking now look closely or make u adjust your glass
because I found a wife for you ni o
Re: Do You Remember This One by gprezident(m): 1:25am On May 24, 2015
Emperoradrian:
Guy i swr u too much....nw im havin nostalgic feelings....dos days guy,i b c ronaldo 4 my street,i win ballon d'or 4 my street 3 consecutive yrs 2000,2001,2002,i won so many league titles,until d transfer window was open,and i was sold out(my popsi cum fvck me up,him build him own house,so we cum pack comot frm dat street) i hop say my monument and record go stil dey d street.
u dey form old guy, tell me, na when dem born u sef??
Re: Do You Remember This One by stwazobia: 3:40am On May 24, 2015
Emperoradrian:
Guy i swr u too much....nw im havin nostalgic feelings....dos days guy,i b c ronaldo 4 my street,i win ballon d'or 4 my street 3 consecutive yrs 2000,2001,2002,i won so many league titles,until d transfer window was open,and i was sold out(my popsi cum fvck me up,him build him own house,so we cum pack comot frm dat street) i hop say my monument and record go stil dey d street.
Guy no be say u no play da game but with da yrs you mention: you be new school for the game. We don play hang boot before you start. I play da game far back, 1988 enter early 90's. by 2000, guy i don forget am.
My players na UKWUELU. I dey carry my player for my school bag go school play match. When i get home match, i dey comot everything wey dey for our sitting room use am for field because da carpet na block pattern, e dey like pitch... Nwanne da game enter ma head wella... Very sorry for the indomie generation: they misses a lot.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This One by okonja(m): 5:42am On May 24, 2015
WisdomCanada:
No kid of my age back then was a match for me, I won countless trophies, 15 street premier leagues, 9 street champions leagues, 17 street FA cups, 12 inter-school champions championship, 34 home championship (The last home championship I won was 15 yrs ago when I defeated my dad 12 - 2), i'm a legend in this game, if u think ure a cristiano Ronaldo or Messi in this game, then, be prepared to face a Pele or Maradona.

Your middle name na Linus grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember This One by DeRay98(m): 6:36am On May 24, 2015
crixlight2:

We called table soccer in my area in Benin city, I played this game 1979-1982. Kids in my house played against each other. I was house and street champion before my best over threw me and he was hard to beat. What a game we played back in the days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My Oga At The Top' Flash Game / OMG!! Young 15 Year Old Nigerian Develops Android Game Named "Cube Sprint Sp" / Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.