Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? (34889 Views)

What's Your Favorite FPS Game? / Graphic Settings To Get 60+ FPS With AMD 290/290X / Call Of Duty:infinite Warfare Vs Battlefield 1(opinions & Reviews) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by cao(f): 9:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
To the FPS fiends, you can finally have a good verbal smackdown on whether Call of Duty or Battlefield is the better first person shooter game. Oya start talking.

CC: gmyguy & AdeLaNa1, you can continue your talk here, after your cooling off period is over.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by abdulhadi101(m): 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
#TeamCOD

3 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by purplekayc(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Story line and gameplay =COD
graphics and cinematography
=battlefield

But with the latest cod release, i must say they are catching up on that aspect and may soonstand head over heels against battlefield.

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
grin i love this mod wallahi

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by cao(f): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
I'll give my own 2 cents, I'm a noob at FPSS, seriously the last FPS game was Duke Nukem on the PS1, I tried Unreal Tournament once during my PC gaming days (man, I miss that laptop) and I just couldn't get into it. Until, I tried COD: Ghosts, I found the storyline intriguing and I got over my inability to see the character. I was a big fan of the space gameplay, seriously they could have made the whole game on that aspect and I'd be a happy camper. The campaign mode was brilliant, even though I've been told it's a rehash of another COD game, it looked good to me.

Then along came CoD: Advanced Warfare, now it's campaign mode was a doozy, this time we're not playing the mute brother - our guy has a voice & appears to be an actual contributor and not a faceless soldier. The futuristic upgrade is an added bonus, plus I get to play in Lagos. Even though they did mess up on that one - we've not had a Prime Minister in Nigeria in a very long time; where the heck did they find that Nigerian accent?; Lagos is not the capital of Nigeria. At least I know I heard some Yoruba (just aim towards the crowd at the beginning (I think?) and listen). Killing ASTs by grappling hook is still a fun way to kill them. See the way I dey jump left right & centre just to press the R1 button behind them.

Now onto the multiplayer, I'm a literal walking target, I can't help you here. This time it's battling 12 year old boys or French guys*, who have spent way too much time playing these games, usually without ever stepping into the campaign mode. Once spoke to one of the chefs at work, the guy proudly said he had never played the Campaign mode of COD & this guy had been playing CoDs for the longest of time. If you have the patience, willpower and luck, you could become godlike...of course only in COD not in real life.

I've heard good things about BF, but since I'm still a FPS noob, I'll have to actually see some game time to actually comment on it.

*apparently, everytime I try to play online gaming I'm always paired with French guys, this is kinda awkward when you think about the English-French relationship, I've been in England way too long.

15 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by LordReed(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
purplekayc:
=battlefield

I agree. Although I haven't played the mp of BF yet but I am intrigued about the ability to use vehicles, damn it would be sweet!

cao:
I'll give my own 2 cents, I'm a noob at FPSS,
seriously the last FPS game was Duke Nukem
on the PS1, I tried Unreal Tournament once
during my PC gaming days (man, I miss that
laptop) and I just couldn't get into it.

Eyah I feel bad you couldn't get into Unreal Tournament, I believe they had some of the best bots and weapon balance in arena style games. I still have Unreal Tournament 2k4 and Unreal Tournament 3 and play from time to time for kicks.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
purplekayc:
=battlefield

But with the latest cod release, i must say they are catching up on that aspect and may soonstand head over heels against battlefield.
U're laying emphasis on singleplayer. Nobody spends their money on a game to play singleplayer anymore. And as far as graphics and multiplayer are concerned, CoD is at least 10yrs behind BF.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by cao(f): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
LordReed:

I agree. Although I haven't played the mp of BF yet but I am intrigued about the ability to use vehicles, damn it would be sweet!

Eyah I feel bad you couldn't get into Unreal Tournament, I believe they had some of the best bots and weapon balance in arena style games. I still have Unreal Tournament 2k4 and Unreal Tournament 3 and play from time to time for kicks.
I honestly tried, it just didn't mesh with me.
AdeLaNa1:
U're laying emphasis on singleplayer. Nobody spends their money on a game to play singleplayer anymore. And as far as graphics and multiplayer are concerned, CoD is at least 10yrs behind BF.
I live for the single player, I'm slowly seeing the appeal of multiplayer, but it's not the be all & end all. There are things you can only do in the campaign mode that you can't do in the multiplayer. Like when I was talking to the chef, I told him you can use a grappling hook against an ASTA & the guy was looking at me like I was crazy.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
In BF it doesn't matter if ur aim is wack or not as there is always a role for everybody. BF is not always abt killing ur opponents.

If u cant shoot straight then there are plenty of vehicles u can use to enjoy urself and still cause mayhem. Or better still u could play as a medic and revive ur dead teammates or play as a Sniper and do some recon for ur team while still landing some headshots and still rack up points to level up as well. U can finish in the top 5 of ur team without even scoring a single kill.

And its not only abt watching youtube videos. Trust me if u gve d game a try u probably wont want to play CoD MP again. Even most CoD youtubers ve already started playing BF

3 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
cao:

I honestly tried, it just didn't mesh with me.

I live for the single player, I'm slowly seeing the appeal of multiplayer, but it's not the be all & end all. There are things you can only do in the campaign mode that you can't do in the multiplayer. Like when I was talking to the chef, I told him you can use a grappling hook against an ASTA & the guy was looking at me like I was crazy.
Advanced Warfare singleplayer was by far the worst for me. I never really enjoyed it. But i still managed to see it through to the end. Those ASTs were some tough SoBs and i hated going up against them. Never knew they could be killed with the grappling hook tho

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by cao(f): 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Advanced Warfare singleplayer was by far the worst for me. I never really enjoyed it. But i still managed to see it through to the end. Those ASTs were some tough SoBs and i hated going up against them. Never knew they could be killed with the grappling hook tho

Just make sure you're behind them, then you should see the trigger for the grapple. I remember discovering it by chance, after that if I had the grappling hook equipped, I'd do everything to kill them that way, instead of wasting my EMPs and bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74sC8BFySc
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
cao:

Just make sure you're behind them, then you should see the trigger for the grapple. I remember discovering it by chance, after that if I had the grappling hook equipped, I'd do everything to kill them that way, instead of wasting my EMPs and bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74sC8BFySc
I'm done with the game tho. But i bet it wont be that easy if u was playing on Hardened. But life would've been much easier if i knew the ASTs could be killed that way
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by purplekayc(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
10 yrs?
Advanced warfare really improved

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 10:32am On Apr 07, 2015
the best FPS game i have played in the last 18 months is sniper elite.

this year, COD(AW) is better than BF. i think BF was better last year.

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jenkins15(m): 11:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Hello, new to NL
I've played about 5 COD titles (MW 1 to 3, World at War and at current Black Ops) and no Battlefield whatsoever. I have to say every COD title is awesome. Yeah reviews show the rehashing of story lines but the multi-dimensional approach in terms of play especially in MW where you assume multiple points of views, is pure class. Got only this to share about battlefield.

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
purplekayc:
10 yrs?
I'm not here to campaign for/or against any of the titles after all i'm not getting paid. Very few pple care about Singleplayer these days. But CoD are a little behind BF in terms of MP, MP gameplay and graphics. And i dont see them catching up anytime soon.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
coogar:
the best FPS game i have played in the last 18 months is sniper elite.

this year, COD(AW) is better than BF. i think BF was better last year.
AW might be better this year coz BF changed the concept entirely from 'all out warfare' to 'police and thief'. But BF4 can still stand toe to toe with AW tho.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
purplekayc:
=battlefield

i don't agree with your grouping I feel: storyline and cinematography and graphics = COD , gameplay ,multiplayer and uncertainty(you can do virtually any thing in multiplayer mode,from sniping a helicopter pilot to destroying a tank from the air while falling with an RPG's ,also hiding c4 explosives in elevators )= bf. if we talk about their next games , I think COD had a nice storyline which was too short in advance warfare ,and I think bf hardliner will have one of the best storyline in bf series
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
jbichene:
i don't agree with your grouping I feel: storyline and cinematography and graphics = COD , gameplay ,multiplayer and uncertainty(you can do virtually any thing in multiplayer mode,from sniping a helicopter pilot to destroying a tank from the air while falling with an RPG's ,also hiding c4 explosives in elevators )= bf. if we talk about their next games , I think COD had a nice storyline which was too short in advance warfare ,and I think bf hardliner will have one of the best storyline in bf series
The 'Uncertainty' part is wat mkes BF more realistic. Coz in a realife Battlefield u can die from anything. I once saw a video of a guy in BF4 who died by lightning coz he flew his jet too high in a rainstorm
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
AW might be better this year coz BF changed the concept entirely from 'all out warfare' to 'police and thief'. But BF4 can still stand toe to toe with AW tho.

i can't believe none of you here sampled sniper elite. the graphics are outstanding. they actually show how the bullet of the sniper rifle travel through & hit the target - including the organ of the body the bullet has damaged. grin there's no way you would play this game and not want to be a sniper in real life.

1 Like

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 8:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
The 'Uncertainty' part is wat mkes BF more realistic. Coz in a realife Battlefield u can die from anything. I once saw a video of a guy in BF4 who died by lightning coz he flew his jet too high in a rainstorm
and that's what we love about bf , in bf3 a guy on the back of a moving bike hit /hung on a tree and died
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
On BF you can literally feel the weight of the gun and you notice the difference between every weapon,not just the rate of fire but every gaddamn thing

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 8:36pm On Apr 11, 2015
purplekayc:
10 yrs?
I will say 15years in multiplayer *just kidding* but COD really has to improve in multiplayer one example of advancing of BF is the bullet dynamics ,in COD when sniping you just need to get the cross hair to touch your target and he is as good as dead , in bf4 you have to consider the elevation, the range, direction & speed your target is moving at and in a map by the ocean in the middle of a storm you even have to consider the direction of the wind ,battlefield just feels too real no to luv
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by jbichene(m): 8:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
I just heard that COD black ops 3 has been announced ,that's a game I would love to have, cos I really enjoyed black ops1 &2 ,I hope the bring back the spec ops mode from modern warfare series I miss it .
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

i can't believe none of you here sampled sniper elite. the graphics are outstanding. they actually show how the bullet of the sniper rifle travel through & hit the target - including the organ of the body the bullet has damaged. grin there's no way you would play this game and not want to be a sniper in real life.
I'll ve to try out the game b4 i can gve my opinion abt it. The added bullet trail seems like exta effizy dat we dont really need. But if u ask me, there's no fun in sitting back and sniping an entire game wen can go all-out in BF and play as a Sniper, Tank driver etc.
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
jbichene:
I just heard that COD black ops 3 has been announced ,that's a game I would love to have, cos I really enjoyed black ops1 &2 ,I hope the bring back the spec ops mode from modern warfare series I miss it .
Black Ops 3? Not interested. With how futuristic black ops 2 was, i'm guessing BO3 ll be more futuristic. Guns ll probably be shooting lasers like star wars instead of bullets.

The only futuristic FPS game ve liked is still mass effect

2 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
youmour:
On BF you can literally feel the weight of the gun and you notice the difference between every weapon,not just the rate of fire but every gaddamn thing
True. U can hardly spot any difference between the guns in CoD
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I'll ve to try out the game b4 i can gve my opinion abt it. The added bullet trail seems like exta effizy dat we dont really need. But if u ask me, there's no fun in sitting back and sniping an entire game wen can go all-out in BF and play as a Sniper, Tank driver etc.

it's not about sniping all through.
he has various weapons but sometimes he's called upon to take out an important nazi general from about 900 yards away.

just look at the trajectory of that bullet as it smashes 2 tësticles of a nazi soldier. this game is the truth. each time you snipe, you get the above in slow mo - showing how the bullet hit its target & the damage in x-ray.

5 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by AAinEqGuinea: 1:09am On Apr 12, 2015
jenkins15:
Hello, new to NL
I've played about 5 COD titles (MW 1 to 3, World at War and at current Black Ops) and no Battlefield whatsoever. I have to say every COD title is awesome. Yeah reviews show the rehashing of story lines but the multi-dimensional approach in terms of play especially in MW where you assume multiple points of views, is pure class. Got only this to share about battlefield.

Good you jumped from the sinking ship of COD after black ops 2. COD Ghost was a joke, they thought it'd work magic with addition of a dog. Advanced warfare is the stupidest COD, firstly they tried Zombies and because it's the future they put exo suits on the zombies; by far the worst zombies I ever played. When any game is based in the future it can get away with anything, the future according to the gospels of COD includes the advent of this dumbas..s shotgun called the Tac 19 which only shoots directed air, so now I'm running around blow-drying enemies hair and occasionally blowing them away too. No way they can get up from that, their futuristic suits cant seem to handle all the directed air coming at em. Reloading with more air.

I loved battlefield 4 story mode, but wasn't impressed by hardline's beta though.

5 Likes

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

he has various weapons but sometimes he's called upon to take out an important nazi general from about 900 yards away.

just look at the trajectory of that bullet as it smashes 2 tësticles of a nazi soldier. this game is the truth. each time you snipe, you get the above in slow mo - showing how the bullet hit its target & the damage in x-ray.

I bet the slow-mo ll'd mke more sense if it was an headshot. I like the WW2 concept too
Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by coogar: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I bet the slow-mo ll'd mke more sense if it was an headshot. I like the WW2 concept too

Re: Call Of Duty Vs. Battlefield: Which Is The Better FPS Game? by LordReed(m): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2015
coogar:

Are the bullets curving or what? Their trajectory seems to change in mid-air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / Xbox Or Playstation? / Download Pes 2024 Ppsspp (highly Compressed) Data + Textures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.