Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

How To Create The Confidence That Will Help You Succeed At Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Create The Confidence That Will Help You Succeed At Interviews (552 Views)

How DND Made Me Miss So Many Interviews / Issues With Birth Certificate At Interviews / How To Win At Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create The Confidence That Will Help You Succeed At Interviews by OkunrinMeta: 5:56am On May 22, 2015
[size=15pt]Get rid of Fear and Tension: How to Create the Confidence that will help you Succeed at Interviews[/size]

A good number of us suffer from low self esteem and lack of confidence which usually cripples us when the day of interview comes. Even those who are normally quite confident sometimes find themselves very tense at interviews. If this describes you, it is normal and there is a way out. We will help to figure out a way out of this problem.
I once had a friend who was always failing at interviews, he would pass every other stage easily but when it comes to interviews, he would fail woefully. It was so serious that he was beginning to give up on the whole process and negativity was growing in him. Thankfully, we were both able to arrest the negativity by working out the root of the problem and finding out a solution to it together. This is exactly what we plan to do for anyone with such problems, together, we will find a way for you to work through your negativity and develop that winning attitude that is indispensable for success at interviews.

Recognize the Importance of Interviews[/color]

I used to wonder what the whole point of having an interview is. Because, really, what is it about. You want to employ somebody for a bank job and then you are evaluating his speaking skills in a very tense situation. I didn’t see the point unless the job applied for will involve granting a lot of interviews to the media. Then it will become important to know how the candidate will handle such a situation.
I was wrong though, interviews are actually very important. Maybe not the ideal way to screen but it’s a necessary “evil”. The employers need to pick the best from a list of candidates that have similar qualification and experience as you. They may have no choice that to conduct an interview which gives you the opportunity to differentiate yourself and prove that you are the best person for the job.
It is important to have a positive attitude to the whole process because whatever your conviction is normally is normally easily observed when you sit across that table facing the interviewer.

[color=#006600]Know that you are already a winner

The fact that you got an interview means that you are already a strong contender for the position. It means you have probably passed the CV screening, aptitude and one or two other steps before you are invited to be interviewed. In fact, I can be fairly certain that you are going to be a great employee simply because you are reading this. How do I figure? Studies have shown that most applicants never take their time to read expert tips and advise like the one you are reading right now.
If you recognize that you are very likely the best person for the job, all that is left is to convince the interviewer of this fact in other to save yourself the disappointment and also save your interviewer the tragedy of choosing someone who does not want the job as much as you do or someone who wouldn’t do it as well as you would.

Be a Human Being and not a Robot

I argue with my friends that one of the things that make fresh graduates fail interviews is the information and impression preached in all this books, lectures and seminars about passing interviews. Some of this authors aim to turn you to robots. They seem to have custom made responses to every interview question. They scare you about the whole thing and give you the impression that interviewers are devils or monsters that can eat you up.
In a bid to help or sell interview books, these so called gurus make a lot of people unnecessarily apprehensive about the interview process. This fear causes failure and the failure re-enforces the fear that the gurus were right. Break free from that chain today! Interviewers are human beings like you, with insecurities and fears like you who are looking to succeed just like you! So relax!
I am not saying you should discard everything you have learnt from such gurus, many of them have valuable information. You should look to get the motive and reasoning behind every custom made answers so you can apply the same principle, instead of reciting responses like nursery rhymes. Most interviewers will know if you are just reciting crammed information, and that is a No! No!
You can check out more interesting articles and information specially made for fresh graduates at

Source: http://www.freshgraduatetrainee..com/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Current Job Vacancy At Easy Taxi / Vacancy For An Account Assistant (ref: Goc-acc) / Medical Officers At Jama'atu Nasril Islam (JNI)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.