Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

An Uber Lagos Experience Almost From Hell - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / An Uber Lagos Experience Almost From Hell (1883 Views)

Female Uber Driver Spotted In Lagos Discharging Her Duty Happily. Photos / Uber Car That Arrived To Pick Up A Lady In Ghana (Photos) / Lagos To Impose New Taxi Rules To Clamp Down On Services Like Uber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Uber Lagos Experience Almost From Hell by 8ightball: 9:03am On May 22, 2015
I hate weddings.

As a rule I never attend weddings, but this was one that I just had to attend. Yet it seemed that the gods, petrol scarcity and my Uber driver were determined I was not going to break my self-imposed rule.

I made a ride request 45+ minutes ago and my Uber driver was nowhere to be found. I called him repeatedly and he always had a glib excuse why he had not arrived.

I guess when he felt I was bugging him too much, he stopped picking my calls and sent me a text:

Am sorry 4 everything bt I jst couldn’t continue av also wasted a lot of fuel trying to locate u n d last thing i want is more misunderstanding after d stress

Observation: The Uber driver didn’t know his way around, blamed the network for not being able to use Google maps and refused to just ask for directions from people around him.

At this point my blood was boiling because I was already very late. So I cancelled the ride request and made another. The driver fortunately was very close so he appeared in no time, I got into the car and told him my destination. What was his response?

I am very sorry, I cannot go that far. I don’t have any petrol.

Huh WTF!!! is this Uber?

At this stage I knew that the gods were really angry with me and definitely did not want me going to some owambe wedding on a hot Saturday afternoon.

I decided to try for the third and last time and I was third time lucky. The Uber ride came on time, the driver was very courteous and the journey was uneventful and I was very pleased.

Due to the African time syndrome, I was not as late as I thought I was going to be.

I still hate weddings though.

Foot notes
1. Uber Lagos drivers should be trained on how to navigate Lagos roads even without Google maps. If they don’t have network on their devices, I see no reason why they can’t ask, old fashion style.

2. Uber should do something about determining accurate ETA of uber rides. Right now you really can’t predict when a requested Uber ride would arrive to pick you up. Its way off the displayed ETA in the app.

3. Uber customer service is one of the best I have come across in this clime. After I left my feedback about the previous failed ride requests, Ebi (she deserves a raise) came to the rescue with swift reparation. The standard should be maintained.

[url]aitoehigie.[/url]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Oxygen Sensor / . / Toyota Avalon 2007 Touring For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.