Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

5 Used Bikes Too Dangerous For New Riders - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Used Bikes Too Dangerous For New Riders (1150 Views)

Any One Here That Loves Bikes As Much As I Do? / Safety Recall On BMW Bikes / 10 Most Expensive Bikes In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Used Bikes Too Dangerous For New Riders by IdaraCHODB(m): 10:38am On May 22, 2015
I remember when I brought home my 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1 at the ripe age of 19 years old. My father, who had been riding all types of motorcycles for the better part of four decades, decided he wanted to take it for a ride around the block. It had easily been 10 years since he last rode a sportbike, so he wasn’t sure what he was in for. I was expecting him to pull up from his short test ride grinning ear to ear, but instead he pulled into the driveway shaking his head in disbelief. He promptly parked the bike and stepped away from it like it had bit him. As he took off the helmet, he looked at me and said, “You are absolutely crazy to ride this. If I had any machine like this when I was your age, you and I wouldn’t be here.” I remember those words when I see some new riders picking up used bikes far beyond their skill level. Here are five bikes that new riders should avoid while they hone their skills on the street.

#1: 2002-2003 Honda CBR954RR
it has an appetite for speed and also has a stout hardware list. ..The raw and mean powerband, combined with a shorter wheelbase means new riders can unintentionally lift the front end too high.

#2: 2004-2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
The bright green liter machine from this generation is well known for being an ill-mannered, pissed off rocket on steroids. This insane bike had class leading horsepower, the lowest class weight, and the shortest class wheelbase...

#3: 2009+ Ducati Streetfighter 1098
...The 85 ft/lbs of torque produced by the Testastretta monster keep your eyeballs glued to their sockets in any gear, especially north of 100mph where a lack of windshield turns you into a human sail. Even with ample rider aids, a beginner rider can only hold on and hope for the best.

#4: 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
This particular year was produced before the electronically limited top speed law, which makes it a collector for the loyalists. ...
I would hope it's common knowledge that all new riders should avoid a Busa as a first bike.

#5: 2005-2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
...For a beginner, it's one whiskey throttle away from an ambulance ride. The steering was incredibly sharp, but unforgiving to those with poor form, and the engine produced an unadulterated 175bhp...

Conclusion:
There are many more bikes that could be added to this list, and even modern 600cc machines are too much for a new rider at times. Thankfully, rider aids have helped tone down stupid decisions and keep the bike in check. The biggest life saver for a new rider is to keep the ego to a minimum and ride at your own pace. If you feel the urge to ride all out, then take it to the track

Read more:https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/5-used-bikes-too-dangerous-141909247.html
Re: 5 Used Bikes Too Dangerous For New Riders by Whizpeter(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2015
IdaraCHODB:
I remember when I brought home my 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1 at the ripe age of 19 years old. My father, who had been riding all types of motorcycles for the better part of four decades, decided he wanted to take it for a ride around the block. It had easily been 10 years since he last rode a sportbike, so he wasn’t sure what he was in for. I was expecting him to pull up from his short test ride grinning ear to ear, but instead he pulled into the driveway shaking his head in disbelief. He promptly parked the bike and stepped away from it like it had bit him. As he took off the helmet, he looked at me and said, “You are absolutely crazy to ride this. If I had any machine like this when I was your age, you and I wouldn’t be here.” I remember those words when I see some new riders picking up used bikes far beyond their skill level. Here are five bikes that new riders should avoid while they hone their skills on the street.

#1: 2002-2003 Honda CBR954RR
it has an appetite for speed and also has a stout hardware list. ..The raw and mean powerband, combined with a shorter wheelbase means new riders can unintentionally lift the front end too high.

#2: 2004-2005 Kawasaki ZX10R
The bright green liter machine from this generation is well known for being an ill-mannered, pissed off rocket on steroids. This insane bike had class leading horsepower, the lowest class weight, and the shortest class wheelbase...

#3: 2009+ Ducati Streetfighter 1098
...The 85 ft/lbs of torque produced by the Testastretta monster keep your eyeballs glued to their sockets in any gear, especially north of 100mph where a lack of windshield turns you into a human sail. Even with ample rider aids, a beginner rider can only hold on and hope for the best.

#4: 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
This particular year was produced before the electronically limited top speed law, which makes it a collector for the loyalists. ...
I would hope it's common knowledge that all new riders should avoid a Busa as a first bike.

#5: 2005-2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000
...For a beginner, it's one whiskey throttle away from an ambulance ride. The steering was incredibly sharp, but unforgiving to those with poor form, and the engine produced an unadulterated 175bhp...

Conclusion:
There are many more bikes that could be added to this list, and even modern 600cc machines are too much for a new rider at times. Thankfully, rider aids have helped tone down stupid decisions and keep the bike in check. The biggest life saver for a new rider is to keep the ego to a minimum and ride at your own pace. If you feel the urge to ride all out, then take it to the track

Read more:https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/5-used-bikes-too-dangerous-141909247.html

Lol... Your dad told you the plain truth

(1) (Reply)

O.J. Simpson’s 1993 Ford Bronco Is For Sale For N278million / Super Clean Toyota Camry 2004 Reg For 1.150M @ PAYANDRIVE / Best 6 Small Cars Of 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.