Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? (1123 Views)

Any Difference Bwt Factory Tinted Glass And Tinted Glass Permit? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? by pafun(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2016
My experience is that I applied in Ibadan Police Headquarters last week and was told I will need to pay N5000 for my tinted glass permit, unofficially of course. The reasons given by the man who told me were :
1. Nobody pays for the petrol in their generator
2. All the materials in the office are not funded by government and they need my "motivation"
3. The application will first travel to Abuja where it will be approved before being returned. The people at Abuja also need my "motivation
4. We are very badly paid here
etc etc
In short they extracted N5000 from me before proceeding with the "capture". Another woman who was in line with me promised to pay them when she comes back to collect.
Why doesn't the government just ask us to pay N5000 for the bloody thing and stop telling us lies about "war against corruption""
Police PRO should take note and arrest the activities of these robbers in the Ibadan Police Headquarters tinted glass permit application office.
SMH
Re: Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? by pafun(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? by obitryce(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2016
Very free @ benin police hq, did mine yesterday..
Re: Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? by pafun(m): 10:16am On Mar 16, 2016
obitryce:
Very free @ benin police hq, did mine yesterday..
Not so in Ibadan. They should do something about it. The people in that office should be sent away to Sambisa and replaced .

Have you received the permit , or is it going to be brought from Abuja ?
Re: Is Tinted Glass Permit really Free ? by bravolad(m): 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2016
pafun:
My experience is that I applied in Ibadan Police Headquarters last week and was told I will need to pay N5000 for my tinted glass permit, unofficially of course. The reasons given by the man who told me were :
1. Nobody pays for the petrol in their generator
2. All the materials in the office are not funded by government and they need my "motivation"
3. The application will first travel to Abuja where it will be approved before being returned. The people at Abuja also need my "motivation
4. We are very badly paid here
etc etc
In short they extracted N5000 from me before proceeding with the "capture". Another woman who was in line with me promised to pay them when she comes back to collect.
Why doesn't the government just ask us to pay N5000 for the bloody thing and stop telling us lies about "war against corruption""
Police PRO should take note and arrest the activities of these robbers in the Ibadan Police Headquarters tinted glass permit application office.
SMH

The permit is absolutely free. There are 2 stages in the application process; the first thing is to fill the form where toy are required to upload proof of ownership & vehicle license. Then, with the print out you visit a designated centre where your biometrics will be captured. Thereafter, you will be advised when to come for collection. The process is online based and the Commissioner of Police (FEDOPS) has also signed a prototype of the tint permit certificate which is generated online by the officers involved in the biometrics capture. At no point does it require anybody to send documents or await documents from Abuja. Moreover, approval is given online by superior officers before your certificate is printed.

However, as always is the case in Nigeria, there unscrupulous elements in the police force who would like to extort uninformed Nigerians and those who are desperate to get the permit in one or two days. I also believe that the extortion is predominantly in the states. Check the Nigeria Police Force website, there are phone numbers & email address that can be used to report such officers.

I obtained mine in Abuja at the Force Headquarters at no cost.

(1) (Reply)

Engine Oil In Air Filter Of Camry 2000 / Hilarious! Car Owners Block Each Other For More Than A Year, See Why / Do It Yourself (DIY) Tips: How To Service You Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.