Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) (37397 Views)

The Best Bridge And The Best Flyover In Nigeria. PICTURES... / Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / Tourism: Ikogosi Warm Springs Ekiti (new Pics/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2015
Personality Profile: Donald Damien Duke

Donald Duke (born 30 September 1961 in Calabar) was the Governor of Cross River State, Nigeria from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2007. He received LLB degree in 1982 from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria - Nigeria, the B.L in 1983 from the Nigerian Law School, Lagos and the L.L.M. in Business Law and Admiralty in 1984 from University of Pennsylvania.

He created the idea of the Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race and the race grew to become one of the most lucrative mountain running competitions in the world under his stewardship.

Donald Duke initiated the Tinapa Resort project as a way to boost business and tourism in the state. Over $350 million was spent on initial development before phase 1 opening in April 2007.

The BBC reported in September 2006 that Governor Duke was the only governor specifically mentioned as not being under investigation by the federal Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Four other governors were also reported as not under investigation but their names were not released.)

Donald Duke announced that he would run for president in the 2007 presidential election, but stepped aside in favour of the eventual winner, Umaru Yar'Adua.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duke

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 1:45pm On May 22, 2015
1. obudu cattle ranch resort.

2. Water park at Obudu Cattle Ranch

3. even the whites have found a home away from home
@ TINAPA calabar...

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 1:46pm On May 22, 2015
1.Donald Duke, along with his wife, Onari, and Genevieve Nnaji

2.Donald Duke and wife, in a handshake with Buhari

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by oluvick(m): 1:53pm On May 22, 2015
I wish governors can recontest!
This man did his best.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by ephemm(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2015
I'll love to see Don handle a portfolio in GMB's administration irrespective of his party affiliation.

I feel he is someone who can deliver.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 2:03pm On May 22, 2015
ephemm:
I'll love to see Don handle a portfolio in GMB's administration irrespective of his party affiliation.

I feel he is someone who can deliver.

this man is simple focused and principles he can deliver any day...

cc: lalasticlala

18 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by hadura29(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2015
Na only like this man pass for Nigeria. He is one of the pdp governors I respect a lot.

13 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 2:49pm On May 22, 2015
hadura29:
Na only like this man pass for Nigeria. He is one of the pdp governors I respect a lot.

yea he is certainly the man liked across party lines

9 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by KingTom(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2015
This man ran Cross river well, now the cow LIEyel I'Mnotok has turned the state into a refuse dump! cry Just see how dustbin don overflow near my Ekorinim home cry

11 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 2:59pm On May 22, 2015
Donald and wife Onari, at the Calabar cannival

10 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:01pm On May 22, 2015
donald duke:

had a dream to improve on the fortunes of the state of Cross River, to turn Cross Rivers into Nigeria’s number one tourism destination. Within *years of overseeing the affairs of the State, he turned things around, Cross River state is the number one destination in Nigeria, he did really well to accentuate the potentials of the Nigerian tourism industry especially that of Cross River.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2015
KingTom:
This man ran Cross river well, now the cow LIEyel I'Mnotok has turned the state into a refuse dump! cry Just see how dustbin don overflow near my Ekorinim home cry

LETS work to keep his legacies

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by KingTom(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2015
robosky02:

LETS work to keep his legacies
Bro just see how Ikot is becoming a cesspit, salaries being owed mehn the state is turning to shite cry

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2015
KingTom:
Bro just see how Ikot is becoming a cesspit, salaries being owed mehn the state is turning to shite cry

change is here lets hope.

Donald Duke and his daughters...

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
If only obj had allowed Donald to be yar'adua's running mate, Nigeria won't be in the mess it iis today.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
Jagoon:
If only obj had allowed Donald to be yar'adua's running mate, Nigeria won't be in the mess it iis today.

may be.....

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by KingTom(m): 3:27pm On May 22, 2015
robosky02:

change is here lets hope
Amen.
Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Bonapart(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2015
Each time I hear the name, i always think he's a white man

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by okooloyun1(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2015
We need people like Donald in GMB administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by bankyblue(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2015
we can give him any ministerial position tongue
Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 22, 2015
Ok...he benefitted massively from the Government of ex-President Chief Olusegn Aremu Obasanjo. He was a member of PDP (when they were united).

I don't think he would be able to function in the new government. Basically, we need radicals and change agents from May 29.

They should spend less and make things happen for Nigeria. No too much talks, just action.

Anyway, he is a lawyer by profession, therefore, he can work in the tribunal to be setup for looters and corrupt persons - because it takes a "thief" to get a "thief".

This outgoing government sef.

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by ennysuccess(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2015
Enjoy ur money but no go tour for sambisa ooo

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by UnknownT: 3:40pm On May 22, 2015
That was when Cross River was enjoying Oyel money from their neighbors oil well, now the state is just like Ebonyi State

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Chukwutobi: 3:42pm On May 22, 2015
See them riding while the men they are serving are trekking.
Leadership indeed!
Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 22, 2015
E try

If we had a few like him, this Nation will get somewhere.

Even if na Kogi state e do this one, we go happy, no be the kind cripple of a governor wey dey there now.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by iyatrustee(f): 3:43pm On May 22, 2015
With visionary people like this, Nigeria would go places.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 22, 2015
"The empires of the future are empires of the mind."— Winston Churchill

iLike DDD's kinda person smiley
Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 22, 2015
KingTom:
You shldnt draw conclusions..... Don ruled when there was Bakassi oil well.... But liyel Imoke is jst unfortunate..... You dnt expect the two governors to perform the same!

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by robosky02(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2015
iyatrustee:
With visionary people like this, Nigeria would go places.

exactly men who know what to do from day one till.......

calabar became a tourist destination

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: The "Mr.Tourism" Of Nigeria. (pictures) by orobs93(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2015
The good people in this country have decided to be quiet.why?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prospective Corpers Travelling To Sokoto Involved In Accident, Driver Dies(Pics) / Rain Destroys A Filling Station In Abuja At Old Kutunku (photos) / Angry Bus Drivers Block Benin-Lagos Road Over The Killing Of A Conductor (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.