Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration (28330 Views)

Why Patience Jonathan Didn't Attend Buhari's Inaguration Ceremony / John Kerry To Attend Buhari's Inauguration, Leads US Presidential Delegation / Pressure Mounts On Obama To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration In Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by lalasticlala(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2015
The Chairman of the Media and Publicity Sub- Committee of the Presidential Inauguration Planning Committee, Chief Edem Duke, on Friday said over 50 presidents and heads of government across the globe will attend the inauguration of President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.
He made the remark while briefing journalists in Abuja on the preparations for the one week programme, which started on Friday with Jumaat prayer at the National Central Mosque, Abuja.

According to him, invitation cards have been dispatched to all the 54 countries in the African continent and other countries of the world.
Duke, who is also the Minister of Culture and Tourism, said: “As we speak the 54 countries of the continent of Africa have been invited. Many of the heads of government will be coming.

“There has been a huge interest, especially, from head of countries in Europe to attend this inauguration and at the last count I think we must have in excess of about 50 heads of state and delegation expected at this inauguration.”

Stressing that a high security strategy is being put in place for a hitch-free inauguration, the minister said all invitees for the various segments of the inauguration will be subjected to thorough screening.

He said some roads in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) will be blocked on the inauguration day to ensure smooth movement to and from the Eagle Square venue of the inauguration.

He said: “The security agencies are working in close concert to ensure that there is absolutely no threat to the security of this inauguration.”
“Arrangements are been made to screen all the invitees long before they access the perimeters of the location.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/50-world-leaders-to-attend-buharis-inauguration/

2 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by iyatrustee(f): 3:13pm On May 22, 2015
Is there a way we can fast forward the remaining 6days of PDP's reign in Nigeria?

I just cant wait!

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 22, 2015
[size=14pt]Who said they re coming to grace buhari's inauguration?? They re only coming to bid the greatest and peaceful loving politician on the African continent (GEJ) farewell for time well spent and his spirit of sportsmanship.

Btw, how we started dosent matter, it's how well we end that matters (even d world leaders knows this)[/size]

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by HugoEagles15(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2015
Let me comment my reserve, I will be there live,@vizkiz
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by vizkiz: 3:14pm On May 22, 2015
yeah, that's true...he has been begging me to join them too. Infact obasanjo just pinged me now asking "how far?"

I guess I have no choice since my other niggas(even obama) will be there...buhari is my boy though undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by preizton(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2015
ok
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Jorussia(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2015
.This is a great news for Nigeria and Nigerians, but it will b a greater news,for Nigeria and Nigerians,if at least, by December 31,2016 all, our local refineries Will be functioning in a minimum of 90% production rate, after d turn around maintenance we Nigerians expect GMB. to start doing in his first 3 months in office.I Just pray GMB will have d courage to on d toes of the CABALS holding dis nation to ransom, in order to satisfy d desires of d Nigerian populace. I believe its high time,we Nigerians come together and support GMB,because if he fails,we all will suffer for it,whether we are Igbo,Yoruba, Hausa, Edo, I jaw etc.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 22, 2015
Well let us see why.

This signal of interest in buhari's government. We can only pray that it's for the good of the nation.

1 Like

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by demmy0325(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2015
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Rahmatuparker: 3:17pm On May 22, 2015
Gud
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Burger01(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2015
We must beef up our security seriously! smiley

1 Like

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
That's good. It is a day to be reckoned with in the history of our democracy, a day when our democracy will be wearing a new look.

The security of everyone must also be fully guaranteed.

GOD BLESS OUR DEAR COUNTRY, NIGERIA.

For your latest quality stone coated roofing tiles from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by ionsman: 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
They are coming to witness a new dawn in Nigeria. ...

SAI BABA!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Francon(f): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
Is it too late to trek from lagos to Abuja.... I wanna watch it live and direct cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by wildchild1: 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
APC... CHANGE!!!
SAI BABA...SAI BUHARI
If its not Buhari,It can never and i repeat it can never be Buhari

9 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by UnknownT: 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
I pity my Lugbe peeps and everybody that will make use of that Airport road from middle of next week.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
God bless Gej, a man of peace
u our Hero

as for Buhari no peace for the wicked
same way u destroy Gej government with insurgency and propaganda and makes Gej looks incompetent so shall u receive

failure I wish ur government and amaechi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
a
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by fpeter(f): 3:18pm On May 22, 2015
hope they reserved my seat?
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by MsZeezah: 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
Now the world can recognize that we have a leader and not just a clueless figurehead whose interest is to line his pockets and that of his cronies and give the keys of Nigeria's operating room to his wife! The era of impunity is over! cool

11 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by ActivismForever: 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
They are only coming to greet the outgoing GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by abeffiom(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
See grove !!!!

3 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by dapsin999(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
Our days of suffering and smiling in this country under PDP are finally numbered. #Godwin

9 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
Ok.... We hope its going to be a jolly good ride... 4 years... Time will tell...

2 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by ozo13(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
grin
iyatrustee:
Is there a way we can fast forward the remaining 6days of PDP's reign in Nigeria?

I just cant wait!

4 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by umar4info(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
Sai Baba

we are optimistic about the change you will bring to this country unlike saTANoids

Awesome WIcKEd must be removed

#changeRiversgovernor

10 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by ifyan(m): 3:19pm On May 22, 2015
On that day let the game begins.
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by geedeex2(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
After booking space,nothing to comment . I see many S.B.A.O.N members not coming back to make any comment .
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by naijapips: 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
NOW THIS WOULD TAKE SOME CLASS TO PULL OFF. shocked
Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
The only kind of news that excites Nigerians - external interest/approval. Inferiority complex afflicted people. Watch this thread hit 20 pages. (spit)

8 Likes

Re: 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration by ennysuccess(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
Great he is our hero my presido

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elizabeth Abati Graduates With A First-Class In Law From Bristol University / PDP Mega Rally In Dutse, Jigawa State In Pictures / Saraki's Audio: Segalink Is A PDP Apologist, Not Activist - Nigerians Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.