Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages (48861 Views)

Deactivation Codes To Stop MTN Unsolicited Messages / How Do I Stop Mtn From Deducting My Airtime during browsing ? / help! How do i Stop MTN "Your Last Session" Deduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 23, 2015
That yarnsh never works! U guys just got ursef double walaha cheesy

This update was from an MTN staff ROFLMYI!!

For android users, download 'truecaller 'and go to the settings there to reject special numbers and messages.
U can also use 'avast' or 'avg' anti virus.
Just get an app that has 'firewall' settings.

For those using BB. Its either u download too or u go to ur settings-security-firewall, then tick 'enable' tick 'text messages' tick eceptions from contacts.

MENTION me if u have difficulty, I'd help right here on this thread.
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 23, 2015
scentmarlc:
uar welcome. Mine is still not 24hrs yet, mayb dats y am stil gettin d updates
u will continue to get! Amen! cheesy
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by Brownhypo: 8:29pm On May 23, 2015
it works, thanks a million
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by VickyRotex(f): 8:40pm On May 23, 2015
fitinwell:

Thanks dear!

You welcome
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
brozzz y nah embarassed
shadowgwalker:
brozzz y nahhh
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by judges: 8:53pm On May 23, 2015
is not working oooooo,
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2015
sixtus3606:

Hello OP. Please I'd love to know what the whatsapp group is all about and perhaps join? I'm a web and app developer
eeyahh sorry sir. Its a group we use while i was still in school. Its basically a whatsapp group for our class , to enable us get updates from dept, lectures or any vital info. It was and still moderated by both of our class reps. So we chose to keep the group even after we graduated to serve as a communication channel for allof us. Given the fact that we were computer engineering students, its only normal to have some tech savvys popping up with ideas every now and then. Nothing big abt is sha. Thankkz

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 8:55pm On May 23, 2015
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by 30pence: 8:59pm On May 23, 2015
scentmarlc:
Gudday )'all.

Just got this info from a group chat on whatsapp.

I know how frustrating this text could be, especially if you are like me, always expecting a credit bank alert.

Now maybe the end has come for the unsolicited text messages.

Now i know you are anxious ....

Now you are getting frustrated...

Now you must be mad at me...

Ok here it is......

Uhmmmm......

Just send STOP To 33111.

Thank me later.
Godbless

If you call that of MTN a disturbance, then i bet u've used neither airtel nor glo.
MTN na learner where airtel and glo dey, in terms of disturbance.
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by U2ice(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2015
notoriousbabe:
your sisters too ugly jo grin

K so I cn keep my sis den bt bro d tin no work oo na nw d msgs worst sef..d tin de enter evry 5mins
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2015
30pence:

If you call that of MTN a disturbance, then i bet u've used neither airtel nor glo.
you mean am?
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by hintzoneukht: 9:08pm On May 23, 2015
Nice one there
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by notoriousbabe: 9:16pm On May 23, 2015
U2ice:

K so I cn keep my sis den bt bro d tin no work oo na nw d msgs worst sef..d tin de enter evry 5mins
MTN have vex grin
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by charly4lyf(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2015
scentmarlc:
lolzzz. Actually just finished watching NCC call-in program hosted by metro fm but televised on NTA. Most callers complained so much about this nemesis. The director, public relations of NCC however promised that relief is on its way

Thanks for the info, it will be soon.
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by damoladeji(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2015
i got thesame message too. i hope it works
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by U2ice(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2015
notoriousbabe:
MTN have vex grin

As in ehnnn....I don find trouble
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by notoriousbabe: 10:01pm On May 23, 2015
U2ice:

As in ehnnn....I don find trouble
now you go dey receive about 50 in a day grin
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by bejeria101(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2015
Thank you OP im now delivered lol
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2015
charly4lyf:

Thanks for the info, it will be soon.
Amen ooo my brother. Cheers
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2015
kindnyce:
WISH WE CAN DEAL RUTHLESSLY WITH MTN
BUNCH OF SUCKERS
my brother na marketing strategy nah
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2015
charlesucheh:
Thanks but no thanks!!! What if those frustrating messages as you aclaimed turns out to be useful to me or people around me? By then i would have decided my faith negatively after activating that code of yours. NB: nothing is useless, unless you want to make them. Those messages are truly frustrating but at thesame time, informative. Sorry bruv! Not stoping it.
Then text "TEETH" to "32541" to know the numbers of teeth in your mouth......
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:58pm On May 23, 2015
Raxxye:
Praiiiiise the Lord! I hope it works! OP, God bless your grandmother!
amen and your grandfather too
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2015
Omotayor123:

Op. tnx for this, u are an Angel.
My battery was running low earlier and they keep sending useless SMS. I was about calling customer care to 'Curse' them when I saw this.

Nice one.
Angel oginni?
Well ironically sha, am an angel
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 11:00pm On May 23, 2015
Themaingate:
At op is like you are new to that code. Infact mtn would bombard you the more 2 weeks after sending that code. BE WARNED AND DONT SAY I DID NOT TELL YOU
no you ddnt tell me
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 11:04pm On May 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
That yarnsh never works! U guys just got ursef double walaha cheesy

This update was from an MTN staff ROFLMYI!!

For android users, download 'truecaller 'and go to the settings there to reject special numbers and messages.
U can also use 'avast' or 'avg' anti virus.
Just get an app that has 'firewall' settings.

For those using BB. Its either u download too or u go to ur settings-security-firewall, then tick 'enable' tick 'text messages' tick eceptions from contacts.

MENTION me if u have difficulty, I'd help right here on this thread.

Nice update. Am gona try it out
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by windowxp5(m): 12:18am On May 24, 2015
scentmarlc:
Gudday )'all.

Just got this info from a group chat on whatsapp.

I know how frustrating this text could be, especially if you are like me, always expecting a credit bank alert.

Now maybe the end has come for the unsolicited text messages.

Now i know you are anxious ....

Now you are getting frustrated...

Now you must be mad at me...

Ok here it is......

Uhmmmm......

Just send STOP To 33111.

Thank me later.
Godbless

Op God go bless you if, "if" dis works. Lolzz

Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by Nobody: 3:43am On May 24, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU MY MAN. MAY ANYTHING GOOD NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOME, MAY YOU CONTINUE TO GROW IN STRENGTH AND GRACE. I HAVE AM FINALLY FREE FROM THE SHACKLES OF THOSE INCONGRUOUS BAS*TARDS... ONCE AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU MY MAN..... DAALU... NAGODE.... OSHE KPUKPO
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by LastProphet: 5:13am On May 24, 2015
notoriousbabe:
OBASANJO & YAR'ADUA LEFT NO DEBT FOR NIGERIA BUT RATHER LEFT HUGE SUMS OF MONEY AS NATIONAL RESERVE FOR NIGERIA.
JONATHAN (WHO IS NIGERIA'S GREATEST MISTAKE) BECAME PRESIDENT ON MAY 2010 AND BY MAY 2015, IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT JONATHAN HAS INCURRED A DEBT OF $60 BILLION U.S DOLLARS FOR NIGERIA.

$1 dollar = N228

60 BILLION DOLLARS × 228 = 13.7 TRILLION NAIRA
(without interest).

IF NIGERIA PAYS BACK 5 BILLION NAIRA EVERY MONTH.

13.7 TRILLION NAIRA DEVIDE BY 5 BILLION NAIRA = 2740 months

1 YEAR = 12 MONTHS

2740 MONTHS = 228 YEARS

IN OTHER WORDS, IT WILL TAKE NIGERIA AT LEAST 228 YEARS TO REPAY THE DEBT JONATHAN INCURRED!!
(interest not included)

THIS CLEARLY MEANS THAT OUR CHILDREN, GRAND CHILDREN,
GREAT GRAND CHILDREN and GREAT GREAT GRAND CHILDREN WILL STILL PAY WHAT JONATHAN OWED.

Now, who says JONATHAN is not BADLUCK to Nigeria?

my dear only fools follow jonathan
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by Sanuzi(m): 7:57am On May 24, 2015
WoW
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by XKZ(m): 7:58am On May 24, 2015
30pence:

I use all 4 networks MTN is by far the worst offender.
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by XKZ(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2015
I sent STOP to 33111 over a year ago and I still get MTN messages. Although I had the impression that the numbers doing the sending changed...
Re: How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages by scentmarlc(m): 10:38am On May 24, 2015
windowxp5:

Op God go bless you if, "if" dis works. Lolzz
if not nko ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.