Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? (843 Views)

Jonathan’s Legacy Adopted In Benin Republic By Prime Minister / PDP Disowns Dokpesi, Says Apology To Nigerians His Personal Opinion / Jonathan's Legacy Is The Headline In Tanzanian Newspapers (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Fearcom(m): 10:55pm On May 22, 2015
We all know Jonathan leaves Office in a few days.

What in your own personal opinion has he contributed to the development (or otherwise) of Nigeria as it's President for fives years? Comments please
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by evanscheck(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2015
I think we shud ask General buhari.he demanded for change and we gave him
. He wud be in d best position to rate jonathan.
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by CecyAdrian(f): 11:17pm On May 22, 2015
Look around, and ask no more

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by tomakint: 11:23pm On May 22, 2015
If I am to start counting what this humble man has done for Nigeria, words would fail me........but, I am of the opinion that 'he remains the most democratically elected President in the history of Nigeria' and for this, History will surely remember him!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by OduaVanguard: 11:36pm On May 22, 2015
I will personally remember him for the ongoing fuel scarcity that his administration failed to address. Nigerians really suffered under GEJ. Kai!

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by baralatie(m): 11:37pm On May 22, 2015
he has done a lot.
he has completed some roads,equipped some hospitals. I think the major framework is the reforms in agric .
reforms in power and oil and gas met stiff challenges
but overall Gej has done well.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by kemdaniels: 12:41am On May 23, 2015
A great but gentle man in nature,he had potentials but nigerians were already impatient to realise this,i guess you don't realise how precious something is until you've lost it.I'll miss you my humble,quiet,most democratic president nigeria has and will ever see in a so so turbulent time when predictions fly around like fireworks and many nigerians live in fear of the unknown.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Doortun(m): 4:08am On May 23, 2015
Don't steal, that should be government's responsibility wink

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by luvmijeje(f): 4:20am On May 23, 2015
Legacy of waste..... Legacy of division...... Legacy of corruption..... Legacy of incompetency..... Legacy of deaths....... Legacy of tribal and religion bigotry........ Legacy of hatred.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by huptin(m): 4:25am On May 23, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan is thw worst thing to happen to Nigeria, may we never be afflicted with such disaster again.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by huptin(m): 4:25am On May 23, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria, may we never be afflicted with such disaster again.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by omenka(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2015
A goat in a yam barn.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by worthytalk: 7:01am On May 23, 2015
The imbecility Jonathan is a fool. The worst president in the zoological republic called Nigeria. In Biafra I stand!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Fearcom(m): 7:15am On May 23, 2015
luvmijeje:
Legacy of waste..... Legacy of division...... Legacy of corruption..... Legacy of incompetency..... Legacy of deaths....... Legacy of tribal and religion bigotry........ Legacy of hatred.

Wow, isn't that harsh?
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Fearcom(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2015
huptin:
Goodluck Jonathan is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria, may we never be afflicted with such disaster again.

Ouch! Diaris God oooooo
grin
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by profpets(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2015
Ok o
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by sammyj: 7:23am On May 23, 2015
I see failures upon failures! !! shocked
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Nobody: 7:36am On May 23, 2015
A BIG FAILURE
A WASTE OF NIGERIAN TIME
A COME AND CHOP MAN WHO DOESNT HAVE THE GUT OR WHAT IT TAKES TO EVEN RULE A COMMON LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA
HE IS A DISGRACE TO NIGERIA
THAT IS HIS LEGACY
A CHICKEN HEARTED FAILURE WHO ALLOW THOSE OPPORTUNIST AROUND HIM TO SINK NIGERIA INTO DEBT AND ECONOMIC DISASTER
A MAN WHO ALLOW THE LIKES OF ALISON MADWEKE, ASARI DOKUBO AND OTHERS TO STEAL NIGERIA'S COMMONWEALTH

JONATHAN IS A DISASTER THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED
NIGERIANS CANNOT WAIT FOR MAY 29TH

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by socialmediaman: 7:48am On May 23, 2015
Well my opinion is that he failed, woefully. He scratched the surface with some projects like Youwin that benefited 4,500 Nigerians and gulped at most N45 billion directly. He made some reforms in the agric sector which directly benefited the farmers and caused some slight reduction in cost of some food items but did not reduce anything significant from the labour market, the programmes themselves were successful but the impact on the job market was not felt, so I score them just average.

He built more universities and Increased funding but no direct impact on the education standards or quality, failure.

Talking about waste, he wasted at least $60 billion to $120 billion of Nigeria's income to direct acts of fraud, theft and embezzlement.

Conclusion
He failed Terribly and pitifully and left a legacy of corruption and waste. His only major good legacy is obeying the wish of Nigerians when he was no longer needed.
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 23, 2015
All the legacy he is leaving behind are bad legacies
There is no single good legacy in Jonathan's administration.

Legacy of corruption
Legacy of incompetent
Legacy of division
Legacy of mismanagement
Legacy of failure
Legacy of worst economy ever
Legacy of worst power generation ever
Legacy of worst security ever

They are all there for all to see
Never again will Nigeria be punished with a leader like Jonathan.
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by gambit10: 8:14am On May 23, 2015
tomakint:
If I am to start counting what this humble man has done for Nigeria, words would fail me........but, I am of the opinion that 'he remains the most democratically elected President in the history of Nigeria' and for this, History will surely remember him!

Pls count pls
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by gambit10: 8:23am On May 23, 2015
Jonathan is the definition of disastrous leadership.... never again Shall we vote for anyone without shoes, I never fell for that Shit in the 1st place #gullible-nigerians (too sentimental), repeating the same mistake here by talking about his humility....how does that power ur generator or feed you "jonathan is humble" #pukes
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by cleatoris: 8:23am On May 23, 2015
No good legacy. All bad!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by gambit10: 8:26am On May 23, 2015
Jonathan is the definition of disastrous leadership.... never again Shall we vote for anyone without shoes, I never fell for that Shit in the 1st place #gullible-nigerians (too sentimental), repeating the same mistake here by talking about his humility....how does that power ur generator or feed you "jonathan is humble" we voted him to be humble abi#pukes .
buhari can also afford to sit and look for 4yrs and sleep at the villa's mosque and be remembered for being religious....awon werey

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by danot1030: 8:31am On May 23, 2015
Jonathan was nothing to Nigeria development but failure and disaster. I as one cannot point at any sustainable legacy attributed to Jonathan, it is a good thing that he leave.
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by mrmetoo1: 8:46am On May 23, 2015
FAILURE!!! Failure is all I see all around, economy is in shambles. Jonathan inherited excess, ruled during excess and left us with debt with absolutely nothing to show for it. Corruption thrived under him. With security, he failed. Infrastructural development, he failed. Power generation, he failed. I'm seriously trying to think of a sector I can give him a pass mark in. He's exiting office with the worst fuel scarcity in a long time, he's leaving with power generation at an all time low. For all those that were shouting transformation train, pls what has happened to this train since election?? How come Mercy Johnson or any of those guys are not riding them anymore? How come Nigerians are not talking about the trains especially in this period of fuel scarcity because at least the trains should have brought some form of relief. Exchange rate high, people have lost money without even realizing it because of this. Oil sector is a disaster right now. Seriously what has he done? The person that called him humble needs to start listing these achievements but I have a feeling words fail him/her because there's actually nothing to list.

The only thing he did successfully was to concede early. Even with that he lost and conceded that in itself shouldn't be a big deal but.. Nigeria. His people almost want to make it seem like it was a tie and then Jonathan conceded to avoid crisis but he lost lets not ever forget that.
Re: What Is Your Personal Opinion Of Jonathan's Legacy??? by Fearcom(m): 10:40pm On May 23, 2015
mrmetoo1:
FAILURE!!! Failure is all I see all around, economy is in shambles. Jonathan inherited excess, ruled during excess and left us with debt with absolutely nothing to show for it. Corruption thrived under him. With security, he failed. Infrastructural development, he failed. Power generation, he failed. I'm seriously trying to think of a sector I can give him a pass mark in. He's exiting office with the worst fuel scarcity in a long time, he's leaving with power generation at an all time low. For all those that were shouting transformation train, pls what has happened to this train since election?? How come Mercy Johnson or any of those guys are not riding them anymore? How come Nigerians are not talking about the trains especially in this period of fuel scarcity because at least the trains should have brought some form of relief. Exchange rate high, people have lost money without even realizing it because of this. Oil sector is a disaster right now. Seriously what has he done? The person that called him humble needs to start listing these achievements but I have a feeling words fail him/her because there's actually nothing to list.

Hmmmm

The only thing he did successfully was to concede early. Even with that he lost and conceded that in itself shouldn't be a big deal but.. Nigeria. His people almost want to make it seem like it was a tie and then Jonathan conceded to avoid crisis but he lost lets not ever forget that.

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Workers Finally Grow sense, Begin Indefinite Strike / Mixed Reactions Over Buhari’s Neglect Of Guest To Attend Jumat Prayers / Why Buhari Said He Belongs To Nobody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.