Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) (8109 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / CASSOCK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2015

"But Ha-oow do you know that we haven't shop for our baby wares yet Bola stuttered.
"I didn't know it myself, the holyspirit told me Mathew responded. Turning to his brother, Tunji asked.
"And if I may ask, trimester what is your wife now? Responding quickly, Bola helped her spouse out.
"This is my third trimester uncle Tunji, next week will make the end of the eight month".
"And so why haven't you shop for your baby wares yet?
"Well because i've already gave up on having another child Bola Ajayi responded". The expression on her face drove home the point. Great grief still lingered on her face as she spoke. Her face suddenly became red and thus was at the verge of bursting out in tears.
Astute Ashley quickly moved closer to her, grabbed her on the shoulders and held her to her chest while being careful of her baby bump. She said in her unrefined accent.
"Please Bow-ler, you need not cry. The good Lord has got the best in store for you, and I tell you when he returns all your captivity you will be like them that dreamed". Still ruminating over his grief, Kolade said unconsciously.
"I had to beg her to lets us try out one more time because she already gave up on having another child after five of this miscarriage ordeal".
"Well lets not dwell much on that uncle, the Lord has spoken and he is faithful to accomplish them all. Mathew said and left for the toilet to ease himself.

An hour later while the uncle Kolade and Tunji yet discussed about their parent, uncle Kolade's phone rang .
'Hello dad, I got the job. I'm on my way home we've just got to celebrate this one or what do you think?
'Of course son we'll. But guess what? Your cousin from United states is around'
'Oh you mean Mathew right?
'Yes Mathew. Already we're all having a nice time here'
'Alright dad I can't wait to see him. I will be with you in a jiffy'.

Bola has been a wonderful wife coupled with her exceptional domesticity. She has always been busy going from one house chores to the other, but some fatigue she began experiencing when she approached the end of her second trimester made her hubby stop her from engaging in stressful activities. Uncle Kolade had plead with her that Agbeke, a proposed cook join the family to help her in some various house chores. After some necessary arrangement she eventually joined the family.
Agbeke seem to be more skilful with the sauce pan and quite proficient when it comes to preparing swallows and its accomplice. Her hands was also tested on some foreign delicacies and she excelled in it.

As tired as she has previously complained in the past, before Ashley came, Bola still deem if fit that she join her in the kitchen.
"Agbeke, please you can leave the kitchen. Myself and Ashley will be cooking while she is here with us"
"Okay ma. If you need me for anything you can let me know" Agbeke left the kitchen politely bidding them farewell with both knees kneeling to show it.
"Waoh, just like what Tunji told me"
"What was that please"
"He said much respect can be found amongst African women"
"Really? Yes we're respectful"
"And I tell you Bow-ler, your maid has got much more respect"
"Oh yes she responded, continuously chopping some carrots she held firmly to her hand. She came from a good home".

At 8:45pm the family alongside Agbeke all gathered at the food ladened dinning table to take their dinner. Uncle Kolade has always love to hear Agbeke pray, so therefore she was asked to take a short prayer before the meal was taken. as careful as possible Agbeke managed to say the prayer codemixing at her pleasure. After some twenty-two minutes grueling prayer, the whole family finally said
"Amen".
Suddenly dropping the fork in his hand after he had slept off, Mowunmi also said a belated 'Amen'.
Everyone including Mowunmi the source of the laughter all laughed before they went ahead to consume the food before them.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by handie(m): 5:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
Good one man. U're doing real well. But you didn't introduce Mawumi neither did u tell us when Mathew spoke of his revelation to his uncle. All in all, you doing great
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
handie:
Good one man. U're doing real well. But you didn't introduce Mawumi neither did u tell us when Mathew spoke of his revelation to his uncle. All in all, you doing great

Of course I did. Read chapter Twelve. Below is a caption from chapter 12 where I introduced Mowunmi.

'You know, it is a painful experience. He cleared his
throat braced up, straightening his rumpled shirt and
continued. After we had our first child Mowunmi, and
in the fourth year after his birth when My wife took in
for what we were expecting to be our second child, we experienced our first miscarriage.
'
Of course Mathew will definitely tell his revelation to his uncle, he told it(the opening paragraph to chapter 13 tells that). Just that I intentionally didn't write the details of him telling his uncle. It is a style of writing fiction my brother.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by handie(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
Niftyrules:

Of course I did. Read chapter Twelve. Below is a caption from chapter 12 where I introduced Mowunmi.

'You know, it is a painful experience. He cleared his
throat braced up, straightening his rumpled shirt and
continued. After we had our first child Mowunmi, and
in the fourth year after his birth when My wife took in
for what we were expecting to be our second child, we experienced our first miscarriage.
'
Of course Mathew will definitely tell his revelation to his uncle, he told it(the opening paragraph to chapter 13 tells that). Just that I intentionally didn't write the details of him telling his uncle. It is a style of writing fiction my brother.
Well, who am I to argue with a writer about writing?

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hi Op, what happened to the story. It was getting more interesting.....pls come back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 10 / Suprisingly Common Mispronounced Words And How To Pronounce Them Correctly / Trusted: Premium Grammarly Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.