Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,272 members, 7,822,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force (12066 Views)

Hard Working Policewoman 'Mama G' Promoted In Bayelsa State. Photos / Lagos Airport Cleaner Who Returned Cash, Phones, Other Items Promoted / One Critical Decision That Got Me Promoted To A Manager(must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by tdayof(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2015
It would have been better if the poster could post his ID would have given him some information....
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by eleko1: 1:14pm On May 23, 2015
So those who got promotion aren't corrupt/bribe taker? Believe me,every dirty deal we do to get advantage of odas peeps won't last.The end of it is Destruction
Ezebinaugwu:

Bros how can you be promoted? When you have been swimming in BRIBERY AND CORUPPTION . See if you stop collecting bribe promotion will come tell your colleagues
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by refreshrate: 1:20pm On May 23, 2015
So technically im supposed to help a policeman?

I cant laugh enough at this. seriously they should move this to the joke section. Bunch of fvcktards. Me that ive been coming to NL to even see if i can find more stories of army officers beating the hell out of policemen.

Rubbish breed
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 23, 2015
eleko1:
Corrupt tip.U dnt need all dis to RISE.DO UR work accordingly,in due season,Ur lifting/mecy gonna locate U not a short cut.I believe he won't be stranded.
Even aftr 16 years? Omo sometimes u just gotta grab the bull by its horn ....
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by kenoz(m): 1:31pm On May 23, 2015
My advice to him is that, if he's one of those that used to collect money from the transporters on the road, he should stop it.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by gbaskiboy: 1:49pm On May 23, 2015
write2obi:
I suggest you check who has being using your picture as hand fan in your village, its not ordinary, because promotion for police officers from the rank of ASP and above comes easy. and its mostly done according to your years of services.
choi! Walai, u no well grin
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by eleko1: 1:50pm On May 23, 2015
Some people got elevated even b4 that.He doesn't nid to tip anybody 4 dat.Do Ur work accordingly,U'll be locate
Phinity318:

Even aftr 16 years? Omo sometimes u just gotta grab the bull by its horn ....
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by gbaskiboy: 1:51pm On May 23, 2015
Kneel down and your hand should be up
Dandeson1:
why booking space when you have no idea to share
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 23, 2015
tayebest:
I suggest you quit the police job and find a better job doing... Dazzol
why shuold he ? Abi he doesn't know what he went there for? Ppl have their various passions.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
Join the Revolution today as we marched to protect the Great Nigerian woman Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who through her hardwork and achievement have proved that Nigerian women are the greatest capable of doing not only what men can do but doing it Better..

#SupportNgoziOkonjoIweala#

Sign Below

https://www.change.org/p/yale-university-ignore-the-call-for-stripping-dr-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-of-the-doctorate-of-humane-letters-presented-to-her-on-monday-may-18-2015-during-yale-s-commencement-ceremony-in-new-haven-connecticut-alongside-eight-others

FUU.CKER.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Ezebinaugwu(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2015
eleko1:
So those who got promotion aren't corrupt/bribe taker? Believe me,every dirty deal we do to get advantage of odas peeps won't last.The end of it is Destruction

Let say they are just lucky, I dislike policemen though few of them are good people and I wish those few well. Buh for the corrupt ones they will never see progress
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
he should write a petition to the igp of police and give him reasons why he thinks he deserves promotion.

Datz suicidal as he will be effortlessly dismissed ! grin
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by condralbede(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2015
some of them do use other people's cert and borrowed money from ppl to join NPF,but after then dey will just ignore them.. Ishilove tell him to to settle his dept,cos thr is God ooo.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2015
Beface:
You should learn from the current Inspector General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase who enter the Police force as a cadet ASP in 1981 and as at 2002 was still Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP). Meaning he got only 4 promotions in 21 years in service. So he was having 14 more years to retire (2016),within that 14 years he got 6 promotions that got him to where he is now. You have to be patience and be diligent in your work and with time you will definitely smile.

NONSENSE...as if 1 size fits all. undecided
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by nkemdi89(f): 2:13pm On May 23, 2015
They have packed your files in dead personnel cabinet so go and look for your file first. Then follow it up to force headquarters and hope you have english in your ssce?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 23, 2015
eleko1:
Some people got elevated even b4 that.He doesn't nid to tip anybody 4 dat.Do Ur work accordingly,U'll be locate
U know little or nothing of how the public sector works.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Captainswag225(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2015
omooba969:

Datz suicidal as he will be effortlessly dismissed ! grin
are you sure about that?
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Beface(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2015
omooba969:

NONSENSE...as if 1 size fits all. undecided
As far as am concern you haven't said anything because he ask for an advice and i gave him one but if you think you are wise enough as you claim prefer a solution MR NEGATIVE and let see how rational you can be.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Dubemkelly(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2015
You so need Family liberation to break the curse, this aint normal, its spiritual
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by maestroz: 3:31pm On May 23, 2015
Let him TREK to meet the new IGP as a way of showing his displeasure.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by eleko1: 4:25pm On May 23, 2015
What do u knw?explain wot u knw and and I'll teach U.
Phinity318:

U know little or nothing of how the public sector works.
to gain promotion is by giving bribe abi? U need help.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 23, 2015
eleko1:
What do u knw?explain wot u knw and and I'll teach gain promotion is by giving bribe abi? U need help.
Maybe you should explain to the aggrieved guy why he has been denied promotion for years despite his clean records... Don't shift the conversation towards me ,I ain't complaining ,I was just saying.
Moreover there's ecology of administration what is not accepted at some place maybe practiced else where. Cut me some slack and solve the aggrieved issue at hand...
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by benedictnsi(m): 5:06pm On May 23, 2015
Mishydoo:

If not dat I repented recently,i wld av sed u speak frm ya arse,bt I wldnt say dat.
Jobs arnt easy to come by...u'll be supprised dia hundreds of people prayin day and nyt to be in his position.
Our mistake is we loose focus of what u have and focus on wat we dont have.
@Op...tell him to sit put,wrk hard...and begin search for a better place.once he sees,he shld move immediately!!!

I wonder the type of ancestral lineage you hail from. Who made you an advocate by the way....... Well, your cerebral Formation is already overwhelmed by a low level of extra sensory perception that is why you only have a gloomy view of the fact that the job no longer meets his needs.......
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Johnpaul09(m): 5:09pm On May 23, 2015
Trek from LAGOS to DAURA so that Buhari will recognize you and tell the IG to promote you, OR, you go to SAMBISA FOREST and showcase your talent so that the CHIBOK babes will reunite with their parents.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by aspirebig: 5:47pm On May 23, 2015
From my understanding in HRM, promotion is a privilege not a right. He should keep praying and keep working hard.

Promotion comes from God....
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by tonero230(m): 7:17pm On May 23, 2015
Ishilove:
I received an email from a Nairalander who doesn't want his identity revealed because he is still an active member of the Nigerian Police Force. He needs advice on how to pursue his promotion.

Below is the message. Names and numbers have been removed to protect their privacy:

"Pls hide my I'd to avoid dismissal. I joined Nigeria police force on 1 May 2000 as a cadet Inspector and by today am 16 years on this Job.and I've been promoted once only to ASP. I've never been queried nor found wanting on my Job. By today my mates are DSP's but I keep asking if this is right. This complaint involve 120 out of 214 recruited on 1 may 2000. People from course 35/2000. Cadet inspectors and we have complained to the police force secretary through his PA, DSP **** with phone no 0816******* for ur confirmation. who is our courses mate but no help.

Personally those promoted are not better than me both in Acedemy results and field work, I can provide all infor u may need about this but we course 35/2000 cadet inspectors and only me standing for all of them that are denied our rightful promotion is begging General Buhari to help us to restore our rightful promotion date. Pls help me."

So Nairalanders, what do you suggest?

Report the case to ordinary ahmed isa the cordinator hembelembe family in abuja and you will smile
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2015
Beface:

As far as am concern you haven't said anything because he ask for an advice and i gave him one but if you think you are wise enough as you claim prefer a solution MR NEGATIVE and let see how rational you can be.

U need a new brain.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 7:50pm On May 23, 2015
Captainswag225:
are you sure about that?

U need to knw dat 'if u r NOT in demand, u dnt make a demand'. More so, itz not hw far but hw well, d police guy needs to do things differently cos in any institution such as d NPF, politics is so rife.

Gerrit ? smiley
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by gogodaye(m): 7:54pm On May 23, 2015
[quote author=Ishilove post=34018965]I received an email from a Nairalander who doesn't want his identity revealed because he is still an active member of the Nigerian Police Force. He needs advice on how to pursue his promotion.

Below is the message. Names and numbers have been removed to protect their privacy:

"Pls hide my I'd to avoid dismissal. I joined Nigeria police force on 1 May 2000 as a cadet Inspector and by today am 16 years on this Job.and I've been promoted once only to ASP. I've never been queried nor found wanting on my Job. By today my mates are DSP's but I keep asking if this is right. This complaint involve 120 out of 214 recruited on 1 may 2000. People from course 35/2000. Cadet inspectors and we have complained to the police force secretary through his PA, DSP **** with phone no 0816******* for ur confirmation. who is our courses mate but no help.

Personally those promoted are not better than me both in Acedemy results and field work, I can provide all infor u may need about this but we course 35/2000 cadet inspectors and only me standing for all of them that are denied our rightful promotion is begging General Buhari to help us to restore our rightful promotion date. Pls help me."

So Nairalanders, what do you suggest? [/quo
Quite unlike in the armed forces strictly so called......promotion in the Nigerian Police Force is predicated upon a quota allocated to states.....so even when you are eligible.....you need to pray there is a vacancy open to be filled.....or else you find yourself lf stagnant in a particular rank whilst your more fortunate colleagues rise up the rungs of the ladder than you......
It is a culture.....that the PSC.......is he to fathom an appropriate strategy to overcome..........and it does tell on the moral of officers in the police.......
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Beface(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2015
omooba969:

U need a new brain.
I don't expect you to have one because you lack the mental capacity to comprehend all what i said. It is not my fault that you are mentally incapacitated,so don't be unnecessarily rude to me rather blame yourself for your mental misfortune because you choose to replace the brain God gave you with Foolishness.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by omooba969(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2015
Beface:

I don't expect you to have one because you lack the mental capacity to comprehend all what i said. It is not my fault that you are mentally incapacitated,so don't be unnecessarily rude to me rather blame yourself for your mental misfortune because you choose to replace the brain God gave you with Foolishness.

Mental capacity;

Mentally incapacitated;

Mental misfortune;

U really need a new brain seriously cos if u were to pay for d ssh.it u put up there, ur next generation wud still be paying d debt. I dnt knw why u feel u even made d cut cos we dnt belong in d same category. Ur reply found u out & I must let u knw dat u need help.
Re: He Hasn't Been Promoted After Many Years In The Force by Beface(m): 2:06am On May 24, 2015
omooba969:

Mental capacity;

Mentally incapacitated;

Mental misfortune;

U really need a new brain seriously cos if u were to pay for d ssh.it u put up there, ur next generation wud still be paying d debt. I dnt knw why u feel u even made d cut cos we dnt belong in d same category. Ur reply found u out & I must let u knw dat u need help.
| what a poor defence mechanism,you are busy telling me about category while in reality you are classless. If not you won't be going around nairaland seeking for attention and looking for who to pick a fight with. Your first comment proved you are default in character and in head. Of all the nairalanders you are the only one who became negative about my comment cause you lack the ability to grasp. If you have common sense you will know I was advising the police officer to learn from his boss who was positive,thus,he became IGP. But because of your low level of IQ you reason otherwise. You thought I was referring to him as being IGP in the future. God gave you brain but you choose to be foolish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Majority Of Us End Up Not Practicing What We Studied In The University? / Ongoing Protest At Berger Paints PLC Against Management Over Gratuity (Photos) / How To Deal With An Incompetent Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.