Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Does This Also Make One A Liar? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Also Make One A Liar? (744 Views)

Apostle Suleiman's Wife Calls Stephenie Otobo A Liar (video) / The Devil Is A Liar. / Does Godly Dressing Make One Godly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Also Make One A Liar? by Mrval20(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2015
Please, I need someone to clarify me on this, furnishing me with Bible verses if possible.
I'm just wondering.....Does deliberately saying something in a certain way, with perhaps a given facial expression or body language, so as to make people understand it the way you want them to, make you a liar?
Ok, I know this might not be clear enough so I'll give examples:

First scenario: when a friend asks if you performed an action which you know you did, you respond with "what does that suppose to mean?" (with a frown)....Only for him/her to apologise for asking and leave.

Second scenario: You do something very wrong but when asked, you jokingly admit and go further to admit committing other crimes beyond your capability (like killing Abacha and plotting 9/11 attack), thereby making the asker take you unserious and probably move on to ask elsewhere.
There're so many other examples but I think these two are enough to clarify my question.

Remember that in the two scenarios above, you never denied any of the allegations. Your interrogator just assumed you never committed any of them.
So, does that also make you a liar in the eyes of God?
Re: Does This Also Make One A Liar? by adonisNEW(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2015
You ain't being truthful by giving a false impression to people. Even though you desire not to answer a question directly and give an impression, the onus is on you to correct that impression by answering that question correctly at that point. If not, I'd vote that to be a lie. Thanks.
Re: Does This Also Make One A Liar? by Mrval20(m): 7:32pm On May 23, 2015
adonisNEW:
You ain't being truthful by giving a false impression to people. Even though you desire not to answer a question directly and give an impression, the onus is on you to correct that impression by answering that question correctly at that point. If not, I'd vote that to be a lie. Thanks.
Thanks a lot for contributing.
But does that make one a sinner? I mean aside logic, can this be considered 'lying' from a religious perspective?
Re: Does This Also Make One A Liar? by adonisNEW(m): 10:37pm On May 23, 2015
Mrval20:

Thanks a lot for contributing.
But does that make one a sinner? I mean aside logic, can this be considered 'lying' from a religious perspective?
Am not allowed to judge though, but if I may for the sake of this thread, I'd say its lying. James 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
Re: Does This Also Make One A Liar? by Mrval20(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2015
adonisNEW:

Am not allowed to judge though, but if I may for the sake of this thread, I'd say its lying.
OK, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think God Calls You? / Biblical Perspectives Of Dominion Theology / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/08/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.