Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? (13005 Views)

Why Do We Bury Dead Bodies Six Feet Under / Man Takes Selfie With Dead Kano Quiz Students Bodies / Is It Illegal To Run 2 Master Programs Simultaneously In Seperate Institutions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by iwriterng(m): 7:01am On May 01, 2015
Yesterday during Clinical anatomy lecture (Autopsy) Our lecturer said the bodies (cadavers) in our laboratory are bought by the school, and its against the law to buy human bodies in Nigeria, which means the school is breaking the law to ensure that we are able to use the bodies for practical purpose.

This is my fourth year, and I am hearing the "body buying" crime for the first time, my questions are;

1. Is it really illegal?

2. Who is selling those bodies?

3. How are we supposed to be good medical students when we can't use cadavers in our lab?

I can't ask the lecturer because she's my lecturer! You should know what I mean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by delishpot: 7:04am On May 01, 2015
iwriterng:
Yesterday during Clinical anatomy lecture (Autopsy) Our lecturer said the bodies (cadavers) in our laboratory are bought by the school, and its against the law to buy human bodies in Nigeria, which means the school is breaking the law to ensure that we are able to use the bodies for practical purpose.

This is my fourth year, and I am hearing the "body buying" crime for the first time, my questions are;

1. Is it really illegal?

3. How are we supposed to be good medical students when we can't use cadavers in our lab?

I can't ask the lecturer because she's my lecturer! You should know what I mean.

He said buying not having. He meant to say, cadavers should be donated for free. If it is made a comodity to be exchanged for cash, many criminals will capitalize on it And see it as a trade / business. That is why its illegal to buy and sell human corpses. And of course it should be donated by a reputable source after police clearance and investigation. Make people no kill finish carry body go dash medical school to hide traces

64 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:04am On May 01, 2015
I'm just hearing this for the first time too shocked buh, its weird to buy a dead body. lyk seriuzly, who does that!?!!?!!!!??!?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by echobee(f): 7:08am On May 01, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I'm just hearing this for the first time too shocked
buh, its weird to buy a dead body. lyk seriuzly, who does that!?!!?!!!!??!?
Me tooooo shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by VickJames(m): 7:11am On May 01, 2015
Dead bodies are not bought in this country because of the numerous diabolical use of it. It is ordered by highly placed medical personnel and research institutes.

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by jemype(m): 7:15am On May 01, 2015
its illegal but people buy deadbodies in nigeria
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Nani4all(m): 7:49am On May 01, 2015
The first poster has Sed it all....wonderful experience dissecting cadaver yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23am On May 01, 2015
the school didn't have to pay for it,because monetary exchange of bodies can escalate criminal tendencies..

even buying it by an institution must undergo critical scrutiny to avoid organ trade.
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by 5p1naz(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2015
delishpot:

He said buying not having. He meant to say, cadavers should be donated for free. If it is made a comodity to be exchanged for cash, many criminals will capitalize on it And see it as a trade / business. That is why its illegal to buy and sell human corpses. And of course it should be donated by a reputable source after police clearance and investigation. Make people no kill finish carry body go dash medical school to hide traces

thats your answer
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Bonapart(m): 9:55am On May 01, 2015
Your lectures are ogboni men , the doctors selling for them are also ogboni men.
That make the transaction very eazy for them

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by habeebcole: 9:56am On May 01, 2015
grin grin
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by jamex93(m): 9:56am On May 01, 2015
dem tell u say the dead body no get owner ni

if u buy am and tomorrow the owner show

for mortuary say him want collect him body

waitin u dey reason say go happen?
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Bants(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2015
Make una use am do rituals
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by betterpikinn: 9:57am On May 01, 2015
iwriterng:

1. Is it really illegal?

You are asking a very silly question.
This is a question to answer your questions;
If a member of your family dies, would you like his or her body to just be sold off for some anatomy practicals ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by tollytexy(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2015
Abi for rituals.. u better talk true
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by ojutiku1: 9:58am On May 01, 2015
Like seriously who is willing to sell someone else's corpse for monetary purpose, isn't it the law of nature for the dead to be buried, some courses offered in the university tho. But I don't think the corpse are sold the ones used are the unclaimed ones in the mortuary, only that you know Nigerians now they turn anything to business.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by haji56(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2015
who will sell you the dead body his parents or the goveret
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Tic4tac(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2015
First time m hearing this too tho
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Fernandowski(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2015
Try it in nigeria and you will be a potential ritualist
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by cayorday89(m): 9:58am On May 01, 2015
Donation is d surest, u sure can donate ur self for use after death.... What we do for educational development.....
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by plainmirror(m): 9:59am On May 01, 2015
Fallacy
It has legal jurisdiction so far as it is procured to carryout vital medical inquires[sub]
jemype:
its illegal but people buy deadbodies in nigeria
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 01, 2015
It is only the Nigeria Police that sells dead bodies.
Confirm!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by bloglover(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2015
Are u sure its for clinical anatomy? OP am watching u oooo
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by gentlezypher: 10:00am On May 01, 2015
Medical students dy try o, i cant even look at injections
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Princezoi(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2015
That person had a life before!!, u can't buy his/her body for some kinda experiment, expect if donated.
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by anonimi: 10:02am On May 01, 2015
delishpot:
He said buying not having. He meant to say, cadavers should be donated for free.

It seems you missed the first part of his post.

iwriterng:

Most likely, as with ALL laws, there is an EXCEPTION clause for scientific/medical purpose.
Perhaps oh!
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by Jeezyy(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2015
like seriously!!! how do u guys feel touching does things......*spits*
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by maxiuc(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2015
Dnt blame if I didn't get it rite I no even read the thread frontpage rush eeee clears throat op na you won buy dead body imagine after all the trouble wey this world person go die thinking that he had been buried not knowing that his body is somewhere else na my type of ghost dey wicked when they die
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by IYANGBALI: 10:03am On May 01, 2015
Op if you need any kind of dead body,just tell me,I go dey supply you like groundnuts
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by tunex777: 10:03am On May 01, 2015
LOWEST MTN DATA BUNDLE AT THE CHEAPEST RATE
MTN 2GB - #1000
MTN 4GB - #1800
CALL/WATSAPP TUNDE ON 08162637076. THIS ADVERT IS FOR THOSE THAT STAYS IN IBADAN ALONE. CALL FOR DELIVERY AT YOUR DOOR STEP
Re: Is It Illegal To Buy Dead Bodies In Nigeria? by pretydiva(f): 10:03am On May 01, 2015
Nah..dont fink so.dey r already dead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways Nigerian Students Cheat During Exams / Spiritual Meaning Of Geckos / Nuhu Bamalli Poly Students Clash With Security Operatives In Zaria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.