Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo (532 Views)

Osinbajo Moves To Kill Forex Subsidy Racket Run Under Buhari Leadership / Pic: Relocate To Ghana If You Don't Have Faith In Buhari's Leadership- Obasanjo / Court Strikes Out Certificate Suit Against Buhari - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by surawilly(m): 4:32am On May 25, 2015
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has expressed confidence in the leadership of the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari advising him not to take Nigerians for granted inadministering the country from May 29.
Obasanjo expressed the confidence while hosting a delegation of South West Women Leaders under the leadership of the Iyalode of Yorubaland, Chief (Mrs) Alaba Lawson, at his Hilltop Mansion in Abeokuta, yesterday.

The former leader urged Buhari to be as honest as possible with Nigerians in leading the country, describing Nigerians as clever beings that could not be deceived.

Obasanjo told his guests that he believed in the political acumen of the president-elect in leading Nigeria aright stressing that Buhari is not a novice in governance.

He however appealed to Nigerians to pray for the success of the incoming administration and also cooperate with the new government.

Obasanjo noted that the country had been poorly governed in the last eight years saying it would take time for Buhari’s government to correct the anomalies, encouraging him not to be frightened by the situation.

Obasanjo submitted that having been Head of State between 1984 and 1985 Buhari has the experience in terms of administering the country.

“When I came in 1999, there was no fuel and power. The situation was like this and I thought we have put that one behind us. The man that is coming on board has a lot of experience in terms of governance.

“He is not a green horn. We have both worked together in administering, then as a military Head of State and we did it well. Nigerians need to exercise patience because what have been destroyed in eight years cannot be re-build in a day.

“Let’s give him time. Let’s pray for him and let’s cooperate with him. We are all concerned about the present situation of Nigeria. The expectation is very high but at the same time, there is a lot of goodwill internally and externally for the in-coming government.

“Once the in-coming administration realises this and take every step,particularly in the first three months, when people will be watching and counting, I think for me, we will get there.”

The former president further stated that with Buhari at the helm of affairs of the nation, the citizens according to him would have a new dawn.
http://leadership.ng/news/435866/i-believe-in-buharis-leadership-obasanjo
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by orshfod(m): 4:49am On May 25, 2015
He however appealed to Nigerians to pray for the success of the incoming administration and also cooperate with the new government.
Obasanjo submitted that having been Head of State between 1984 and 1985 Buhari has the experience in terms of administering the country. ( Unlike #babaotuoke
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by socialmediaman: 4:51am On May 25, 2015
I personally believe in his leadership too. I don't just support anyone that comes my way, I'm highly critical of peoples' intentions, but when I checked, he perfectly fit into the profile of exactly the person I wanted to be my president, and I worked to get him there. He's also doing all he can to get it right this time..
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by efilefun(m): 6:14am On May 25, 2015
Countdown to May29...... 4days to sweep away "cluelessness" and impunity to criminals out of Nigeria. Can't wait to see heads rolling
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by TI1919(m): 6:15am On May 25, 2015
I hope to hear that in the next two years of his tenure...
grin
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by babyfaceafrica: 6:20am On May 25, 2015
Baba ...you are one of the problems of this country..so please just shut it and allow the peoples general to work!!!
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by disloman(m): 6:25am On May 25, 2015
I believe in d leadership of Buhari die.Over believing sef dey worry mi.May 29 come fast ooooo.
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by arewaempire: 6:25am On May 25, 2015
Chei! Because of Jona's gross incompetence, even Obj sees himself as a saint.
Re: I Believe In Buhari’s Leadership – Obasanjo by disloman(m): 6:27am On May 25, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Baba ...you are one of the problems of this country..so please just shut it and allow the peoples general to work!!!
Will u shut up that ur stinking mouth?He who doesn't av a good thing,Don't know d value.Obj is a pillar.Go n die.

(1) (Reply)

Mongonu Steps Down From Speakership Race, Endorses Gbajabiamilaa Re- Elected Mem / Pics Of Ameachi The Spartacus @50, General Of Common Sense Rev / I Was A Motor Park Tout —benue Gov-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.