Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) (47941 Views)

Bentley: See Their First Ever Electric Car / See The Monster Car That Got People Talking / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by samuelson06(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2015
iyatrustee:
The cabal would start receiving subsidy on the SUN once we start buying the solar powered cars!

Seriously, How many kilometers would a fully charged car cover?

Would it automatically charge once it is in the sun?

Whta happens during rainy seasons?

The numbers of kilometers it can cover is directly proportional to the size, number and quality of rechargeable batteries used.

What do you understand by something being solar powered?

What happens during rainy seasons?

Do we used to have sunshine during rainy season at all? Does it rain throughout the day always? By the way, I strongly believe in the absence of solar power, electric power can still charge the batteries.

Any other question? No? Then get yours!
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Halaz(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2015
so this should go with extra powerbank, in case of incasity.

2 Likes

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by wisdompraise(m): 2:25pm On May 25, 2015
hadura29:
How many Nigerians can afford that?

Which planet do you come from?
I need you to know that Nigerians are among the people that uses the most expensive car in the world
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Neduzze5(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2015
efizee:

Please do you have sense at all... Why can't you make a comment that relates to the post... Please have some dignity and keep quiet.
Talibanis:

See how stupid and arrogant u look. Get proper info about issues before u come here rattling ur sick perverted, smelling buccal cavity on a public forum. Yeye!
tochstorm:
:mumu how e take be thief
person wey get silverbird cinema u know how much that place they churn out?
Mourin:
The man is a businessman, he is d co owner of silverbird, before u start thinkin he stole Nigeria's money 2 buy d car

Sorry my dear stooges! I though I saw Senator Buruji Kashamu! cheesy
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by wunderkiind(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2015
Lagusta:
I need a car that will run on AIR.... undecided
This comment has two meanings o grin

1 Like

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by hadura29(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2015
wisdompraise:

Which planet do you come from?
I need you to know that Nigerians are among the people that uses the most expensive car in the world

No doubt, but you can't tell me an average man who is still trying to maintain his one car will just go out there and dole out cash he didn't plan for...

Jupiter is a nice place though, you can vlme visit someday...
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by pbs4real(m): 2:46pm On May 25, 2015
Nah dis kind car go fit dis fuel scarcity palava. .
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by bacco2000(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2015
The car is an electric car and not a solar enabled car, its been charged with electricity. And will travel 93 miles on a full charge

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NfGFfWP2a4
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by texazzpete(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2015
The kia soul isn't charged by solar. Not sure where this misinformation came from
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Donbabaj: 3:10pm On May 25, 2015
KIA product cool
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by saw13(m): 3:20pm On May 25, 2015
thats a kia soul EV and its not charged via any solar panel!
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 25, 2015
Can electronic cars travels interstate?Na him be say if the battery of this car discharge for ore road na to pack am enter abc transport.

1 Like

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by bacco2000(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2015
It will cover 93 miles on a full charge, my advise be say make you buy generator put for booth incase it runs out of battery u can just charge and continue ur journey. It gets fully charge within 40 minutes

1 Like

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 25, 2015
instaforexngr:
thats for the future what we need now is fuel and light
you're soo backward
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by HirstMOG(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2015
I saw exactly this same car at Eko Hotel earlier this month during the Lagos State Architect Forum.

1 Like

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:26pm On May 25, 2015
agarawu23:
I can't even see where they place the solar panel undecided shebi na solar car?

bullshiit. who will spend millions of naira on this crap?

I will hold my millions till we have a car that will use water instead of fuel/gas
you're the true definition of akpa amu.
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2015
iyatrustee:
The cabal would start receiving subsidy on the SUN once we start buying the solar powered cars!

Whta happens during rainy seasons?
what do you know about the electric car by Tesla? go and research on it and come back and edit this thing you wrote here.

electric cars travel more distance than a combustion engine. it recharge the batteries if it's no longer in motion. so stop saying what you don't know.
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by agarawu23(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:
you're the true definition of akpa amu
meaning o
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:33pm On May 25, 2015
grin grin
agarawu23:
meaning o
scrotum! cool grin grin grin
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by agarawu23(m): 4:36pm On May 25, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:
grin grin scrotum! cool grin grin grin
undecided grin
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by ewosk: 4:42pm On May 25, 2015
nice.... Below is a link of ford model solar car C-Max Solar Energi www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2534528/Is-future
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 25, 2015
common car on the streets of america that every tom, dick and harry are using.

what is the story here?
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by iyatrustee(f): 5:46pm On May 25, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:
what do you know about the electric car by Tesla? go and research on it and come back and edit this thing you wrote here.

electric cars travel more distance than a combustion engine. it recharge the batteries if it's no longer in motion. so stop saying what you don't know.

I asked questions because I don't know much about solar cars. Others have taken time to explain and would expect same from you.

Not this I know it all attitude you are displaying here

1 Like

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 25, 2015
ben bruces idea is not a practical one, for one whats the range of a solar powered car/
how much does it cost? wheres the nepa to charge it during the rainin season.?

we need practical solutions not an elitist solution, i think the man jus wants to show off his new toy., let him keep his solar powered car, can he driv dt car from bayelsa to ph.

why him station dey close by 12am, he shud have installed solar gen at the station too na. tongue
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by chidiandre(m): 6:11pm On May 25, 2015
the car is not for him he didn't pay KIA KIA paid him to promote the car in nigeria so stop saying Ben Murray Bruce's car
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:41pm On May 25, 2015
iyatrustee:

I asked questions because I don't know much about solar cars. Others have taken time to explain and would expect same from you.

Not this I know it all attitude you are displaying here
so you haven't heard about Google? una go dey for water yet soap go dey enter una eyes. relax and wait for me to explain it for you, I dey come u hear?
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by soldierdollar(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2015
Abugab:
Thought he said it was electric car, where did the solar emanate?

What's solar used for ?
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by abatically(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2015
The main question should be how long before it gets from zero to a full charge. Then how many kilometers can it travel on a full charge? What happens when the sun doesn't shine for the whole day? Even full time electric cars have their limitations as it takes hours to charge fully (and electric charges faster than solar, even a tesla with supercharger takes like an hour to charge fully and will go only about 200 miles then u will need to recharge).

Button line is, the world ain't ready for solar cars yet. Even electric cars are not a worldwide thing yet, solar cars are just prototypes. Nothing beats fuel car in Nigeria.
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Abugab(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2015
soldierdollar:

What's solar used for ?

Don't be dumb.
Electric car meant here is that which get charged from a power source and not charge through solar energy.
Learn not to play wordbgae next time.
Nonsense....
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by remirez07(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2015
lalasticlala:
That is Ben Bruce's electric car that is charged with solar....

https://mobile.twitter.com/MusadiqZ/status/602512931817926656
leave this man jor..
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by U2ice(m): 11:43pm On May 25, 2015
He's jst tryin to make common sense....

Luv dis dude
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by soldierdollar(m): 4:20am On May 26, 2015
Abugab:

Don't be dumb.
Electric car meant here is that which get charged from a power source and not charge through solar energy.
Learn not to play wordbgae next time.
Nonsense....

Dumbo . As a person who studied electrical engineering in one if the renowned universities in Nigeria , let me break it down for you like a pupil in the kindergarten .

The car is an electric car because:

1. It harnesses solar energy using photocells.
2: It converts this energy to direct current (DC)
3. This DC is stored in batteries
4.This DC is used to propel the car and provides the electrical energy needed to power electrical/electronic gadgets in the vehicle .
5. Most of the gadgets and components in a car use direct current . But in few cases where AC ( alternating current) is needeed, an inverter is employed to convert the DC to AC.

Electric cars are cars that use electricity .. Kindergarten definition .
Electricity can be gotten from many sources and solar is one of them . Whether the car's battery are charged by NEPA (which needs a rectifier to convert the current to direct current; the only storable form ) or it's charged by solar ( which is a pure DC and requires no conversion for storage ) , " all Na electric car" .. Don't be confused .because they call it solar car
It is called so because its source of electricity is solar . grin

Weather Na from river , or from ocean or from sea .. Boat no de answer "river boat" but if you call am river boat , e no go reject am

Quoting you .. Solar energy is not a " power source "

Bury your head in shame grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About / Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos) / Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.