Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) (47939 Views)

Bentley: See Their First Ever Electric Car / See The Monster Car That Got People Talking / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by aaidel(m): 5:16am On May 26, 2015
don't know why we continue to let our leaders take us for fools lying to us anyhow first off how does a man sitting in a show car make it solar or electric secondly this is what a kia customer rep had to say about the soul EV:

Thank you for your interest in the Soul EV.

Are you interested because you think an EV will save you money, or because you believe it will be good for the environment? Because realistically, it will do neither. The Carbon footprint of making the electric battery is equivalent to driving the gas powered luxury Soul for 5 years, and the extra 8-10000 $ you will pay for an EV, would pay for gas in a 2.0 l GDI four cylinder for 7 years.

So again, whatever your buying motivation, savings or environment, at this point in time, the EV is a social / political statement and is good neither for your pocketbook, nor the environment.

i know we Nigerians believe so much in the doctrine of hope and while listening to what Murray-Bruce has been saying i get the feeling the man is just feeding us lies to launder his image and make him see like a champion of the masses
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Abugab(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2015
soldierdollar:

Dumbo . As a person who studied electrical engineering in one if the renowned universities in Nigeria , let me break it down for you like a pupil in the kindergarten .

The car is an electric car because:

1. It harnesses solar energy using photocells.
2: It converts this energy to direct current (DC)
3. This DC is stored in batteries
4.This DC is used to propel the car and provides the electrical energy needed to power electrical/electronic gadgets in the vehicle .
5. Most of the gadgets and components in a car use direct current . But in few cases where AC ( alternating current) is needeed, an inverter is employed to convert the DC to AC.

Electric cars are cars that use electricity .. Kindergarten definition .
Electricity can be gotten from many sources and solar is one of them . Whether the car's battery are charged by NEPA (which needs a rectifier to convert the current to direct current; the only storable form ) or it's charged by solar ( which is a pure DC and requires no conversion for storage ) , " all Na electric car" .. Don't be confused .because they call it solar car
It is called so because its source of electricity is solar . grin

Weather Na from river , or from ocean or from sea .. Boat no de answer "river boat" but if you call am river boat , e no go reject am

Quoting you .. Solar energy is not a " power source "

Bury your head in shame grin

The challenge I have with u here is your ITK.
Even your petro car and gas fired engine don't they eventually charge and bring power to the engine to spark to life electrically?

What I have always maintained is that we were told it is a car that is charged directly from an electrical power source and not powered through solar. This issue of Ben Bruce has been ongoing and people have been of the opinion that it will be difficult getting power to always charge the battery and solar just came up here.

What do u know about engineering? I laugh in Hebrew...
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by soldierdollar(m): 9:38am On May 26, 2015
Abugab:

The challenge I have with u here is your ITK.
Even your petro car and gas fired engine don't they eventually charge and bring power to the engine to spark to life electrically?

What I have always maintained is that we were told it is a car that is charged directly from an electrical power source and not powered through solar. This issue of Ben Bruce has been ongoing and people have been of the opinion that it will be difficult getting power to always charge the battery and solar just came up here.

What do u know about engineering? I laugh in Hebrew...

An electrical car is a car whose turning shafts are propelled by electrical energy . A normal petrol car uses chemical energy and hence the name; petrol engine or disel engine for cars that use disel

About engine sparking electrically .. Yes it requires electrical energy for the ignition spark to take place .Just as your stove requires u to light a match , it doesn't mean the stove's source of energy is the match stick . It's source of energy is the kerosene . In English , we may classify it as an auxiliary verb ... Helping the main verb (energy source)

In case you have good education to comprehend the original story which maintained that the car is solar/electrically driven .. Check the link below .

http://www.naij.com/432516-see-nigerias-first-electric-powered-car.html

About what I know about engineering ... I know enough that can feed your entire generation

Source:

http://www.commonsense.com
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 26, 2015
i think old ben is just marketing for kia, hope kia didnt sponsor his elections.
Anyone serious about electric cars should go for the tesla model. This is a full time electrical vehicle no solar. leave all those korean chikito products.

Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by abatically(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2015
kaeforum:
i think old ben is just marketing for kia, hope kia didnt sponsor his elections.
Anyone serious about electric cars should go for the tesla model. This is a full time electrical vehicle no solar. leave all those korean chikito products.

Yes Tesla is full electric, beautiful, classy, but expensive.

Oh, u forgot to mention buyers should also build their own power station, even a mikano generator will not charge that thing. Let's say u live in Lagos, u have to build a power station in Lagos, then build another one in Onitsha, lokoja, kano and other parts of the country in case u want to travel with the car because it won't go more than 220 miles on a full charge. And God forbid u get stranded in a long traffic and u run out of power, na tow dem go use carry u comot there .
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 26, 2015
abatically:

Yes Tesla is full electric, beautiful, classy, but expensive.

Oh, u forgot to mention buyers should also build their own power station, even a mikano generator will not charge that thing. And God forbid u get stranded in a long traffic and u run out of power, na tow dem go use carry u comot there .

grin
Re: See Ben Bruce's Electric Car That Is Charged With Solar (photo) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 01, 2015
you have a point sha. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Common Problems Honda Users In Nigeria Complain About / Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos) / Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.