Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly (9556 Views)

Benson Abounu Accused Of Infidelity As Wife Slaps Orderly / Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear / Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by olokfor: 3:58pm On May 25, 2015
Gunmen on Monday kidnapped a Kogi High Court Judge, Mr Justice Samuel Obayomi, and killed his orderly, Cpl. Usman Musa in an early morning attack.

Obayomi of the Ebogogo High Court in the Adavi Local Government Area of Kogi was kidnapped while on his way to work.

His driver, Mr Ajayi Kolawole, told newsmen in Lokoja that the incident took place in front of the Executive Guest Villa at Okene GRA in the Okene Local Government Area of the state.

Kolawole said that the judge’s orderly, Musa was shot dead on the spot by the kidnappers in an operation that took place between 8:40 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.

He described the three gunmen as heavily armed, unmasked and wearing dark glasses.
The driver said the gunmen ordered the judge and his aides to lie face-down.
Kolawole said that the kidnappers opened fire on the orderly killing him on the spot.

NAN recalls that the judge had recently survived a ghastly accident and had just resumed work after three months in hospital.
The Police Area Commander at Okene, Mr Kehinde Kolawole, said the driver had been detained to help in police investigations.

The Chief Judge of the state, Justice Nasir Ajanah, who visited Obayomi’s family, told his wife to let him know as soon as the kidnappers made contact.

Ajanah promised that effort would be made to ensure the release of Obayomi. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/gunmen-kidnap-kogi-high-court-judge-kills-orderly-just-in-5-minutes/
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by olokfor: 3:59pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by madridguy(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2015
JUST TIRED HEARING BAD NEWS EVERY CORNER....FUEL SCARCITY..............POWER SCARCITY.....SECURITY SCARCITY...........WE NEED DIVINE INTERVENTION IN OUR COUNTRY. RIP TO THE DECEASED.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 25, 2015
Sorry
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by MKO4ever(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2015
chaii, soo kidnapping sef don enter Kogi? Nawa oo
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by CR77(f): 5:53pm On May 25, 2015
Omg
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by VickyRotex(f): 5:54pm On May 25, 2015
I pray for his safe return
May the soul of the departed Rest in Peace.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by tobtap: 5:54pm On May 25, 2015
nawa oo...boko haram,fuel scarcity,phcn,GEJ,cluelessness,kidnapping etc....we truly need CHANGE lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Moana(f): 5:55pm On May 25, 2015
shocked
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by seunmsg(m): 5:55pm On May 25, 2015
How can a serving high court judge be so easily kidnapped? What's really happening in this last minute of GEJ's government? No light, no fuel, no water, now, serving judges are being kidnapped with little or no resistance. Nawa o, Buhari please come quick and rescue us o.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by easyflow: 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
Nawa o
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by ramdris(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
Nna na wao! wouldn't it be more profitable and less incriminating to kidnap his car and drain the fuel?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by ZACHIE: 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
Ye PA.
And detaining the driver who is also a victim is the right way to go?
These officers are numbskulls.
If you suspect the driver,the right thing is to free him, and put a surveillance team and system on him.
If his phones do not yield him away his careless words will.
Awon ode.
Na only detain dem sabi

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by eagleeye2: 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
Kidnap the RICH & Kill the POOR.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Neduzze5(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2015
As in enh!

I tire oooh!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by 2fine2fast(m): 5:59pm On May 25, 2015
THINGS FALL APART
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Nicepoker(m): 6:00pm On May 25, 2015
I got this land on credit

Beware!!!!

What was the topic pls. I want to comment
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Vstuffs(m): 6:01pm On May 25, 2015
Guess the kidnappers are sent by someone he have case with........pray he is rescue safe
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by ibkgab001: 6:03pm On May 25, 2015
That is what we call OJOOLOJO
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by alfajohn: 6:03pm On May 25, 2015
Plenty of kidnappers in that axis. My former colleagues were kidnapped at Ibilo after Okene about two weeks ago and they parted with 20 million naira to regain their freedom. Avoid that axis if u can.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by ALISMILE(m): 6:24pm On May 25, 2015
CR77:
Omg
I meet u here U again!
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by slimfit1(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2015
God of Moses please come and deliver us.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by onosprince(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2015
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by azeeza(f): 7:11pm On May 25, 2015
You mean other places where kidnapping is on the rise, are you saying people should avoid the axis too. Dear friends please be security conscious, watch your back, shine your eyes even when you are driving watch if any vehicle is trailing you infact protect yourself. For me any body wey wan kidnap me, make e ready to carry the whole of my village becos we no get money
alfajohn:
Plenty of kidnappers in that axis. My former colleagues were kidnapped at Ibilo after Okene about two weeks ago and they parted with 20 million naira to regain their freedom. Avoid that axis if u can.
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 25, 2015
seunmsg:
How can a serving high court judge be so easily kidnapped?

That's because Judges who are the greatest targets and enemies of criminals most of the times gets just one harmless orderly, while Patience Jonathan and other politicians who have no constitutional office are provided dozens of armed guards.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by madtmoney: 8:47pm On May 25, 2015
The man was kidnapped as easily as a head teacher
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by salaboiz(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2015
Too Bad.....
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Emdee590(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2015
seunmsg:
How can a serving high court judge be so easily kidnapped? What's really happening in this last minute of GEJ's government? No light, no fuel, no water, now, serving judges are being kidnapped with little or no resistance. Nawa o, Buhari please come quick and rescue us o.
I ain't GEJ fan but how GEJ name use appear there na ?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Emdee590(m): 11:00pm On May 25, 2015
ZACHIE:
Ye PA.
And detaining the driver who is also a victim is the right way to go?
These officers are numbskulls.
If you suspect the driver,the right thing is to free him, and put a surveillance team and system on him.
If his phones do not yield him away his careless words will.
Awon ode.
Na only detain dem sabi
Incompetence just full they head na
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Emdee590(m): 11:11pm On May 25, 2015
azeeza:
You mean other places where kidnapping is on the rise, are you saying people should avoid the axis too. Dear friends please be security conscious, watch your back, shine your eyes even when you are driving watch if any vehicle is trailing you infact protect yourself. For me any body wey wan kidnap me, make e ready to carry the whole of my village becos we no get money
And I even dae suspectam self for using the word 20m . Make him expansiate dat 20m we hear . Is it that he was rub of that amount or na ransom be that ?
Re: Gunmen Kidnap Kogi High Court Judge, Kill Orderly by Situation001(m): 11:38pm On May 25, 2015
hnn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Declare Your Campaign Funds Sources - PDP Tells Buhari And APC / The Enugu Season Of Baptism And The Story Of A Pampered City / ThisGlob e.com:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.