Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians (33802 Views)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / Security Agents Attack The Convoy Of Wike - PDP / Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by Etruth: 8:34pm On May 25, 2015
Common sense is an abomination in the camp of the Tanoids. Smh @ OP. Sai Baba
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by Codyt(m): 8:34pm On May 25, 2015
I blame it all on social media!!!Na everything una go report.
Tomorrow "buhari farts at national council meeting"
Journalists should Get a life!

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by deolu2000(m): 8:37pm On May 25, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Even though you used your usual stupidity and bigotry you made a little sense
birds of the same feathers...not only flocks together but reason alike. Shioor
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by blackpriest0911: 8:43pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101 is a saTANoids. Hell fire awaits u...Sai!!Buhari...
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by darqly(m): 8:47pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101:
The dumbness of the “CONVOY ” story:
BUHARI and APC SHOULD STOP DECEIVING NIGERIANS

------------------------------------
■ Just like the United States and Cadillac, in the UK, Rolls-Royce is ‘Prime Ministerial’ and officially used by the Prime Minister and other government dignitaries. Prime Ministerial Cars are NOT “exotic” but are designed for respect, security and protection.

■ whereas he is yet to account for a missing 25 billion naira he personally handled as the chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) between 1998-99? How can Buhari make claims of fighting corruption while already, he is engaging the same corrupt politicians for his regime?

First point, Prime minister of the UK uses a Jaguar XJ, not rolls Royce, so your diatribe about official vehicles for dignitaries is Dead on Arrival. GMB refused the Rolls, deal with it tongue

Second point just gives you away as a bitter, misguided GEJ minion, who would rather Nigeria fails just so you can gloat 'I told you so'. If GMB stole 25 billion, he'd have been heckled and probably thrown in the slammer by the clueless one. We will never have a president as awful as GEJ again, so help us God grin

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by terzurum5(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2015
anonimi:

Buhari Did not more than 20 months.
While Jonathan served for over 5 years.
What legacies has he left behind? Is it Boko Haram? Or is it Fuel haram? Education haram? Kwarruption Harram? Stealing is not kwarruption haram? Patience Jonathan Grammer haram? Hate campaign haram?
I still find it very hard to believe that some people still see so many good things in this Hell Fire regime and still sympatize with it's evil legacies.
Now just because Buhari is coming in most of the Economic Terrorists on our roads (i.e policemen, military, road safety, VIO etc) no longer terrorize Nigerians that engage in genuine businesses to make life better. This to me is a great achievement left alone the so many that are on the way.

Really?
What good did Buhari do to the education sector as a military DICTATOR for two years

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2066181_109315253423544626188034164921766947151069n_jpegacb37fe73c651f856a3f80eea0cac2b7

I have come to discover and agree that Jonathan's administration is the worst since the birth of this country. Even during Abacha's regime people did not suffer like this.
In short during Gen. Sani Abacha's regime Salaries were paid and life generally was not as difficult as what we have in this Hell Fire Republic called Nigeria. So you think creating universities on pages of newspapers without proper infrastructure and sound planning is good for our educational system right? Besides, how much is the price of petrol in your area? if at all it is even available.
Pls carefully read my arguments with an unbiased mind and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by nwadiuko1(m): 8:51pm On May 25, 2015
Alimtoheeb:
D fact that he reject convoy or no convoy is none of ur business. Talking about d corrupt ppl that pave d way for his success, if u happen to be in his shoe, would u turn the offer down, name any politician dat is fully currupt free, why are u guys disturbing urself. U av to learn how to be opposition party.
lol I tot buhari was saint buhari?

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by 989900: 8:59pm On May 25, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Na by force?? Kilode?? He didn't enter their car, he didn't enter noni. Let it go, why so much pain because a man refused a ride

ROFLMAO! grin cheesy grin
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by hanbaliola(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2015
Enter official car I no enter cos na private visit, why would that be a problem, these Tanoid people self.
David Cameron used to enter public train so why the headache. wise up budie

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by ascent(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101:

■ While Nigerians are praying for the health of their president-elect, General Buhari, the APC was in fact celebrating the fact that he turned down the use of convoy and exotic cars in London. For clarity, Prime Ministerial Rolls-Royce cars are not exotic but presidential.
I think that we should start Buhari-APC orientation on this page, since they jumped that session in Aso-Rock for a UK escapade.
■ Presidential convoy is a mandatory process not a treat. A convoy simply entails the guest or VIP travelling in a group consisting of aides and security for protection. With our dead memories, have we forgotten how a Nigerian leader, Murtala Muhammed was killed with his aide-de-camp on February 13, 1976? Nigerians equally praise him for driving without a convoy until his car was ambushed on the way to his office at Dodan Barracks, Lagos.
■ Just like the United States and Cadillac, in the UK, Rolls-Royce is ‘Prime Ministerial’ and officially used by the Prime Minister and other government dignitaries. Prime Ministerial Cars are NOT “exotic” but are designed for respect, security and protection.
■ Buhari and APC must realize that the presidential position has standards that must be upheld. If Buhari wants to use Okada, he must save that for his Daura retirement, but as the president, he must adhere to official protocol. In this system, he must understand the distinction between a representative process and pugilistic military orders.
■ Managing ethics is not about turning down an air ticket for a boat ride; it is not about an executive president using a public transportation rather than a mandatory official convoy. These are mere disgraceful window-dressing that bear no relevance to the values of moral supervision and practice. Moral decency shapes moral people, but they are rather practiced than displayed.
■ How can Buhari turn down an official convoy, but did not turn down millions of stolen dollars and hundreds of corrupt politicians that ran his campaign? How can Buhari turn down an official convoy, but did not turn down Tinubu’s “exotic” private jet? How can Buhari turn down official convoy as “exotic?” whereas he is yet to account for a missing 25 billion naira he personally handled as the chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) between 1998-99? How can Buhari make claims of fighting corruption while already, he is engaging the same corrupt politicians for his regime?
■ Buhari and APC should stop deceiving Nigerians about corruption. It may be impracticable for Buhari to embrace an ethical environment without first of all cleaning his filthy campaign financiers, and of course the APC environment besieged by the very hooligans that sucked the country dry.

Aren't you stupid? Still ranting the same lies that you heaved up during the campaign that made your President fail woefully in the elections. Get a life!
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by ken1982: 9:06pm On May 25, 2015
BRO ...WHAT ARE YOU SAYING...BUHARI SAID HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN USING THE RIDE COS HE HAS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS...HE PROBABLY MADE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR HIS SAFETY TOO...

NAWA

Dollar101:

■ While Nigerians are praying for the health of their president-elect, General Buhari, the APC was in fact celebrating the fact that he turned down the use of convoy and exotic cars in London. For clarity, Prime Ministerial Rolls-Royce cars are not exotic but presidential.
I think that we should start Buhari-APC orientation on this page, since they jumped that session in Aso-Rock for a UK escapade.
■ Presidential convoy is a mandatory process not a treat. A convoy simply entails the guest or VIP travelling in a group consisting of aides and security for protection. With our dead memories, have we forgotten how a Nigerian leader, Murtala Muhammed was killed with his aide-de-camp on February 13, 1976? Nigerians equally praise him for driving without a convoy until his car was ambushed on the way to his office at Dodan Barracks, Lagos.
■ Buhari and APC must realize that the presidential position has standards that must be upheld. If Buhari wants to use Okada, he must save that for his Daura retirement, but as the president, he must adhere to official protocol. In this system, he must understand the distinction between a representative process and pugilistic military orders.
■ Managing ethics is not about turning down an air ticket for a boat ride; it is not about an executive president using a public transportation rather than a mandatory official convoy. These are mere disgraceful window-dressing that bear no relevance to the values of moral supervision and practice. Moral decency shapes moral people, but they are rather practiced than displayed.
■ How can Buhari turn down an official convoy, but did not turn down millions of stolen dollars and hundreds of corrupt politicians that ran his campaign? How can Buhari turn down an official convoy, but did not turn down Tinubu’s “exotic” private jet? How can Buhari turn down official convoy as “exotic?” whereas he is yet to account for a missing 25 billion naira he personally handled as the chairman of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) between 1998-99? How can Buhari make claims of fighting corruption while already, he is engaging the same corrupt politicians for his regime?
■ Buhari and APC should stop deceiving Nigerians about corruption. It may be impracticable for Buhari to embrace an ethical environment without first of all cleaning his filthy campaign financiers, and of course the APC environment besieged by the very hooligans that sucked the country dry.

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by BOLAUWA: 9:06pm On May 25, 2015
bt buhari made it clear dt he went der for private issues,n nt for official issues.so he has d right to turn dem down.afterall,even d high commisioner acknowledged dt dey were informed,so y did he arrange d convoy.who send am.also,if buhari had accepted all d grandeur,and he didnt make ot publik dt he was going for such visita,d pdp people will come out and start saying dt he is running a parallel govt.ao let dis guy be.wen he gets sworn in,he will start doing everytin officially,including using d jets.ders tym for everytin
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by pasol4real(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Na by force?? Kilode?? He didn't enter their car, he didn't enter noni. Let it go, why so much pain because a man refused a ride
Wot do u mean ,in case u dont know he is no longer general buhari ,he is now president buhari who is representing abt 200 million nigerians .He must be presidential in all his dealings especially when he is outside Nigeria.If he knows he is not capable or too timid then he better step down .
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by pasol4real(m): 9:09pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101:
I must say this is Nigerians last chance for a better Nigeria, if this present government fail, not that i want them to fail, then a white man should come and rule us because then there will be no black man that can lead us ever in Nigeria if this Messiah fails
Oboy take time there,na who b messiah?
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by terzurum5(m): 9:09pm On May 25, 2015
obichiekweibe59:
Who is this Dollar101 calling himself a lecturer in British presidential protocol.
Mr learned dollar101,Buhari is just President Elect on a personal visit to England.It is people like you who claim to know so much, that encouraged Jonathan to believe that a President is god.But someone is about to teach you people the simple life of honesty.The so called presidential Rolls Royce cannot add any value to the actual purpose of that visit,except ostentation and flamboyance.His people cannot see fuel to take children to school back home,and you expect him to accept the presidential rolls ride he never requested for?
Fools like you will never appreciate good thing because you lost an election deservedly.In 2 years time you will be put to shame.
Who did not loot this country? Jonathan,Iweala,Madueke or who?If Tinubu used his own ill gotten wealth to bring in a messiah to lead this country his looting is good news,unlike your people whose loot disaapear into Tinair.Do you know howmuch Okonjo Iweala looted through IDE?
Mr lecturer of Whos foolin who.We welcome a new way of being president for once.

Very straight forward and precise God Bless your courageous presentation

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by RonJeremy: 9:13pm On May 25, 2015
The UK Prime Minister does not have or use Rolls Royce..... Try another one!
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by pasol4real(m): 9:18pm On May 25, 2015
efilefun:
After the whole day struggle you finally got a place to charge your phone and the first thing that came to your daft brain is to attack someone who went to UK on a private visit, instead of tackling your paymaster who doesnt even care if you exist cuz you and your family are also suffering from the payback your "drunkard hero" is unleashing on the nation.
U apc morons keep shouting private visit ,pls i want to ask ,how many times did he visit 10 downing b4 he became president.
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by zheroes(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2015
op thought he was smart see what you turned yourself into, next time keep shut... i didnt know buhari was this popular.... is this an issue. whether you like it or like it, i didnt make a mistake 4years must pass you by if its the will of God.

SAI BABA
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by 989900: 9:24pm On May 25, 2015
hanbaliola:
Enter official car I no enter cos na private visit, why would that be a problem, these Tanoid people self.
David Cameron used to enter public train so why the headache. wise up budie

And, Baba politely told them he already made arrangements for his own private transport (anyone can do that, I guess he's been visiting the UK before some of them could pronounce their names). And, as a General, and C-in-C (both ex and incoming), he sure would know a thing or 2 about security.
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by AJSA2006: 9:24pm On May 25, 2015
We should learn from his simplicity. If the President decides to use only two official cars whicha minister will ride four.

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by amakasul(f): 9:36pm On May 25, 2015
Amansu:
@ poster, you have not been objective but have displayed a rabid hatred for GMB and APC.

For one, Buhari is a frugal person who abhors waste. Secondly he said he travelled as a private citizen on a private visit. How did this reason attract your venom?

You have obviously forgotten that it was PDP, and not APC, that was in power during these 16 years when the country was sucked dried and brought to her kneels.

As for alleged criminals' having funded Buhari's election, you were neither a witness nor were any of those persons convicted felons by a competent court.

Similarly, you are the first and only person I have knowledge of accusing GMB of corruption.

APC campaigned as a political party and pulled collective private resources to secure electoral victory while PDP and its government bankrupted the country in the process: fuel scarcity, black-outs, strikes, $63 billion debt, $20 billion missing from crude account and another $20 billion unremitted to Federation Account.

Nigeria is better off without the unbridled corruption and damnation of the country by PDP government, which should be probed to its rotten core.

Finally, the onus is on you to stop deceiving Nigerians with such cheap opinions as Nigerians are wiser after the debacle of GEJ.

Splendid. My thoughts exactly!

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by adoinem(f): 9:45pm On May 25, 2015
cole265:
My great president . please we can't just wait for29th to come for our take over. Maybe I should just climb tree till then too.

No need to climb any tree. You have bravely tolerated this corrupt PDP for 16 years which has only days to breathe its last polluted air, you can bear those last few days. Help is on the way.
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by mrmetoo1: 9:46pm On May 25, 2015
pasol4real:

Wot do u mean ,in case u dont know he is no longer general buhari ,he is now president buhari who is representing abt 200 million nigerians .He must be presidential in all his dealings especially when he is outside Nigeria.If he knows he is not capable or too timid then he better step down .

HUH?? Please what are you saying?? He's timid because he refused to get into a Rolls Royce?? Help me please I'm trying to make sense of what you typed up there

1 Like

Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by luckypeace1980: 9:48pm On May 25, 2015
who is fooling who? i dey watch
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by Collins87: 9:53pm On May 25, 2015
PDP started their opposition work rather too early!
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by Genius100: 9:58pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101:

Guy, you seem to be forgetting the most important point. Buhari is not President yet therefore he is not yet entitled to these things. He is just following the rule of law by refusing them till he becomes the president
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by adoinem(f): 9:58pm On May 25, 2015
Amansu:

Why wasn't he given one of the presidential jets to use, if as you said he ceased to be a private citizen? Was he only entitled to "convoy" and not presidential jets.

Maybe comparing your President-elect to a "carefree nomad" was not an insult to you but it portrayed you as lacking respect for not only your elders but symbol of national authority.

Unguarded mouth does no one credit.

It's amazing what indiscipline some people display online and expect their opinions to be accepted, even with insults!
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by andystash(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2015
next please
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by Brianpat(m): 10:09pm On May 25, 2015
Na WA o hmm
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by hajimo: 10:14pm On May 25, 2015
This is rather unfortunate. we claimed to be lettered but refused to be liberated off sentiments. was Buhari in London as the Nigerian president? why all the drama? Mr Jonathan is still the president of Nigeria for Gods sake. Buhari is a thorough and principled fellow if you care to appreciate truth. does he need a presidential treat when He is not the president? perhaps, if He was such a rash to have accepted all the arranged details, who foots the Bill afterwards? Why do we always toe the path of deception even when the truth is obvious. Lets wait till after 29th of May before crucifying the gentleman pls.
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by PStacks(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2015
Dollar101:

whÝ yoÙ ÐÈÝ take panadol for Ànother person headache..

Buhari say hÍn no want Rolls-royce. Ña bÝ force?

more so, he didn't go in capacity of President.. He's president-elect.

The trip was no official but private and he had his own private arrangement before the busy-body convoy wey hin no invite come meet am..

Ahn ahn.. Na by force tÓ partake for corruption you Tanoids.
Re: The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians by segunotiti(m): 10:15pm On May 25, 2015
Good point but seems u missing the major point which is that he isn't the president yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs / Mariem Bala Mohammed Arrives Bauchi In Style / Ijaws Reject Adoption Of Odua Anthem In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.