Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Petrocalypse: My Thoughts On Nigeria's Current Situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrocalypse: My Thoughts On Nigeria's Current Situation (313 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / Fuel Scarcity Worsens,See The Current Situation In Nigeria(photos) / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Petrocalypse: My Thoughts On Nigeria's Current Situation by brainbox2014(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2015
What we have in Nigeria now can be said to be a near-apocalypse (petrocalypse). Look at this.. No light, no fuel (even diesel is now being affected and the price of gas has almost doubled), very soon, no network (since they use diesel in powering generators used for masts), very soon, no water (except you are going to use solar energy or visit the marine powers by going to the river smiley). Some people will trek ehn. All these people trekking for GEJ and GMB still have more trekking to do. Some will still trek to Congo. Imagine a mass exodus characterised by a large number of smelling trekkers (where you go see water bath). They'll look like zombies in the 'zombie land' movie. For those who still have network (maybe 0.5G), they can tweet stuffs like ‪#‎NaijaApocalypse‬ ‪#‎TrekkingThings‬.

Jumia and Konga should start selling donkeys now o. I'd like to get one, though I wish Jumia could actually sell petrol sha the way Konga is selling engine oil. (Nothing wey person no go see for this life. On top sey i wan buy engine oil, i go dey order am online...funny people)

People will soon start considering firewood for cooking. As for the marketers hoarding fuel, don't worry, very soon people will start bursting pipelines. A lot of jobless youths will start considering oil bunkery. Black market hustlers will port first. The possibilities are endless but I believe none of that will happen. The going gets tough when the tough gets going. The night is darkest when dawn is nigh. This particular time will go down in history as a turning point; a positive marker. Greatness lies ahead and we must stay positive as a nation. I am not saying Buhari is a magician but I know he has the will to effect positive changes, no matter how small they seem from the start. Nigerians will have to be patient (bitter truth) and let him first clear the mess GEJ left before we can see meaningful change.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Is Here. Gej Goodbye / 11 Killed As Military Foil Boko Haram Invasion Into Maiduguri / The Legislators Pass Controversial Petroleum Industry Bill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.