Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity (20272 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / FG Declares Emergency Over Fuel Scarcity / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 25, 2015
Back to the Stone Age for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by eightsin(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2015
They have called off the strike now. So fuel is expected to be available in no distance time
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 25, 2015
Clearly world wan end
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by iyatrustee(f): 8:12pm On May 25, 2015
How can't these organisations embrace solar power?
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by doublewisdom: 8:13pm On May 25, 2015
Lalasticlala, your threads are usually on fire and destined for FP. Are you Seun's babe?

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Caracta(f): 8:13pm On May 25, 2015
Yes oooo!

grin
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by discusant: 8:15pm On May 25, 2015
eightsin:
They have called off the strike now. So fuel is expected to be available in no distance time

Fuel is bought from abroad with money - hard currency. Shall Baba print Dollars to import or rebuild refineries?

Last presidential election, Nigerians elected to go back to Stone Age.

The GEJ who chased away fuel scarcity mafioso was rejected at the polls with spurious and bogus media propaganda.
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by IYANGBALI: 8:17pm On May 25, 2015
Seun should be ready to borrow me money until things are back to normalcy
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Tearg1: 8:18pm On May 25, 2015
MrBasketball:
undecided You people should respect yourselves ooo.

you dey vex ooo
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by udeze73(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2015
Sutting down banks and telecom companies will proffer no solution. It will further aggravate issues. I'm begining to evisage how nasty situation will be if this mayhelm ever happen
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by flerKys(f): 8:23pm On May 25, 2015
Nigeria will surely get there. It might be delayed but cannot be denied
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by anigbajumo(m): 8:23pm On May 25, 2015
Anyfin wey go happen make it happen....aah don withdraw money wey I go spend 4 2wks already nd I go gat like 25litre of petrol frm black market 2mrrw....... shocked make lecturer no cum Lecture hall again dis week jareeeeee kiss
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by ikorodureporta: 8:26pm On May 25, 2015
PLS, WHATZ 'NLC'?
Dem still de @ all?? ...make dem jst scrap am completely for suffering ppl unduely
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by JuanDeDios: 8:27pm On May 25, 2015
doublewisdom:
For what? Within 24 hours there will be fuel everywhere.
As if the ATMs dey work before sef.
It will take much longer than 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Emekamex(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2015
GEJ be like

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by priscaoge(f): 8:27pm On May 25, 2015
I'm not bothered cheesy cheesy cheesy ATM sef no de work before undecided
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by miqos02(m): 8:27pm On May 25, 2015
ok
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 25, 2015
Jonathan must be happy with this news.
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Nickymezor(f): 8:34pm On May 25, 2015
Hmmmmmm, wahala escalating. ..may God help us in this country ooo
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Faremisodeeq(m): 8:38pm On May 25, 2015
They should have sourced for another power supply like solar cells and inverters.
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by dallyemmy: 8:40pm On May 25, 2015
We generate 90% power privately despite government investment in the power sector!

1 Like

Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Rooneyboy(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2015
I somehow like what is happening , these oil thieves and govt think they can shutdown the country as and when they wish to.

All these other very important sectors are showing them now that they are as important as they are.

The game has just begun, let's see who blinks first
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Rooneyboy(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2015
I somehow like what is happening , these oil thieves and govt think they can shutdown the country as and when they wish to.

All these other very important sectors are showing them now that they are as important as oil and gas sector . (The oil and gas sector thinks it is the only important sector)

The game has just begun, let's see who blinks first .
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Godsonkemz(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2015
The prices of bicycles is abt to get higher jus as its demand increases everyday as an alternative means of transportation. Way forward. #fuel#scarcity#palaver#
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by daclint(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2015
I hope it won't affect the price of ORIJIN grin
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by justhelp(m): 8:47pm On May 25, 2015
If there any one interested I have glo vouchers 500 each I hav just two goes for 400 each, I don't use glo,a female friend sent it to me thinking am using glo for my BB bis reliable person pls
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by khattab02: 8:48pm On May 25, 2015
discusant:
And gradually Nigeria shall shut down if nothing is done quick. Last election, majority of Nigerians rejected the President Jonathan who for six years made fuel become regular in the pumps.
grin grin grin

who then made it unavailable to the people??
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by anonimi: 8:48pm On May 25, 2015
cosmatika:
The great tribulation don start o. Who's d anti-Christ here? GEJ or GMB?

To find the answer, first ask why would a smart business man not hoard his products in the face of a loud mouth, scare monger

QuotaSystem:

DT: One burning issue is fuel subsidy. I believe you are aware of the queues in major cities like Lagos and Abuja. The fuel importers say they are unsure of the direction of the new government in this area. Have you considered maintaining or withdrawing this subsidy or are you questioning whether it didn’t exist at all?

Buhari: One of the problems I have, other than the military, is the petroleum industry where I served for three and a half years under General Obasanjo. When people start talking about this subsidy I honestly get confused. I will tell you this, and I hope it will answer what you want to know. Back then we had a refinery in Port Harcourt, which was refining 30,000 barrels a day of Nigerian crude.
Later, it was upgraded to refine 100,000 barrels a day. Another refinery was built in Port Harcourt to refine 150,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude. So, Port Harcourt alone had the capacity to refine 250,000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude.

But when I found myself as the Minister of Petroleum I set up another refinery in Warri for 100, 000 barrels per day of Nigerian crude and the Kaduna refinery a 100, 000 barrels per day. So Nigeria built capacity to refine 450,000 a day.
Four Hundred thousands of which is purely Nigerian crude, but 50,000 was imported. The type of crude could be Venezuelan, which could be a bit heavier. But the lighter ones - kerosene, aviation fuel, diesel, PMS of different grades could be produced from our crude because Nigerian crude is about the best in the world.

If you could recall, after finishing as Minister of Petroleum, I subsequently became Head of State. You remember, I appointed Professor Tam David West as the Minister of Petroleum. When we rounded up bunkers, collected their illegal jetties and allowed jetties for only big firms which were doing production and development in the country, we were shocked that we had too much fuel.

We had to begin to export 100,000 barrels per day. Don’t forget that we didn’t stop at building refineries, we built more than 20 depots during my time, from Port Harcourt to Ilorin, Makurdi, Suleija, Maiduguri and Kano. More than 3,000 pipelines were laid to connect them. A number of stations were also built to take the trailers off the road, save lives and the infrastructure on the road. It is more economical because each trailer uses fuel.

We did all that in this country and we didn’t borrow any money as far as I know. It’s Nigerian money. From each Nigerian crude, whether Akwa Ibom, Bonny Light or whatever it is, you can work out how much products it will give you; how much petrol it will give you; how much diesel it will give you if you want to produce diesel. We could tell how much Nigerian crude cost, the cost of transportation from there to the refinery, the cost of refining, the cost of transportation to the pump stations and maybe 5 per cent go for overhead.

I can understand if Nigerians pay for those costs. But somebody is saying he is subsidizing Nigerians. Who is subsidizing who?

DT: Does it suggest that you don’t believe in the subsidy? So, you are not going to agree to its continuation in anyway?

Buhari: I would like to be on ground and find out what really has been going wrong. Why is it that people are doing round-tripping with the Nigerian products and take money from the treasury? Some people are still in court. You know about it. So, I’m not taking anything for granted. But I will try and find out what went wrong.

Read full interview on other issues in the link below:

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Davd52(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2015
guys atm went of b4 me n my mom we went to withdraw dis nite. so embarrassing nawa ooo security men said we shld come 2moro by 8
Re: Banks To Shut Down ATMs Over Fuel Scarcity by Kx: 8:53pm On May 25, 2015
discusant:

You ran riot when GEJ wanted to make sure that fuel is ever available - with buy as you can, with removal of subsidy. You love free-bees.

Stop defending. D indefensible.
As if Gej introduced subsidy to Nigeria,
Why did nt d rulers bfore him have problem paying d subsidy?
Wana know why?
In d words of Gej, if u keep yam in front of goat, u know what will happen to d yam.
The goat will transform d yam, period and he won't give a damn.
As d days goes by, d identity of the goat has been unraveled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forbes Names Dangote, Putin, Trump Among World’s Most Powerful / Microsoft Opens It First African Development Center In Lagos / CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.