Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! (968 Views)

President Buhari And Bill Gates As Dangote Watches / Dangote , Sanusi , Bill Gates ,el-rufai And Others At Signing Of MOU - Photos / Photos: Bill Gates Visits Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by suyamasta(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2015
Bill Gates has drunk a glass of water made from
human faeces, to showcase technology he said
could provide clean water in the developing
world.
The Microsoft founder said he wanted to begin
sending processing plants around the world after
tests later this year.
The project was welcomed by WaterAid, which
said that it could particularly help in urban areas.
According to the charity, some 748 million people
worldwide lack clean drinking water.
In a video posted on his blog, Mr Gates watched
as the human waste was fed into the processor,
before drinking the end product from a glass.
'Sewer sludge'
"The water tasted as good as any I've had out of
a bottle. And having studied the engineering
behind it, I would happily drink it every day. It's
that safe," he wrote in the blogpost.
In the video, the developer of the Omniprocessor
system, Peter Janicki, says the raw "sewer
sludge" is first boiled, during which process the
water vapour is separated from the solids.
Those solids are then put into a fire, producing
steam that drives an engine producing electricity
for the system's processor and for the local
community.
The water is put through a cleaning system to
produce drinking water.
"Why would anyone want to turn waste into
drinking water and electricity?" Gates asked.
The answer, he wrote, was because "diseases
caused by poor sanitation kill some 700,000
children every year, and they prevent many more
from fully developing mentally and physically".
He added: "If we can develop safe, affordable
ways to get rid of human waste, we can prevent
many of those deaths and help more children
grow up healthy."
Sustainable services
According to a report released by the World
Health Organization and Unicef in 2013, data
collected two years earlier showed that 2.5 billion
people worldwide lacked "improved sanitation
facilities".
Figures from WaterAid suggest that the number of
people in the world without access to safe water
has fallen by about 20 million since then.
The charity said that the technology could "first
and foremost benefit those who already have
some access to sanitation, rather than those
without".
"If the technology can be rolled out at a scale
that makes it viable for smaller investors or
entrepreneurs, then this could be a catalyst for
changing the sanitation landscape in urban areas
in the developing world," said its sanitation
technical support manager, Ada Oko-Williams.
WaterAid said the introduction of this type of
plant could "help to facilitate the need to
complete the sanitation cycle, by creating a
market for the creation of a sustainable services
around the safe collection, transportation,
treatment, disposal, and indeed reuse of human
waste".
'Seed money'
Mr Gates said that a pilot of the Omniprocessor
was due to go ahead in Senegal later this year
and that he hoped to begin sending working
plants to India and other countries soon after.
"If we get it right, it will be a good example of
how philanthropy can provide seed money that
draws bright people to work on big problems,
eventually creating a self-supporting industry.

more from http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30709273

Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by neutrotoba(m): 11:05pm On May 25, 2015
White Men sha... well, how shit be for mouth sir?
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Mrblaze06: 11:06pm On May 25, 2015
Okay na...The water go sweet ooo
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Beremx(f): 11:11pm On May 25, 2015
he should come try naija faeces. I swear, the difference is clear.
oyinbo shiit no smell reach our own.
grin grin
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by okiezman(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:

grin grin

Na only ya shit dey smell pass anytin, after eating okpa made in owerri u go drop d bomb 4 toilet all man go run
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by philcz(m): 11:33pm On May 25, 2015
Make dem no try this thing with Adegu poo o...u go choke urself to death...
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Goovo(m): 11:34pm On May 25, 2015
Me drink dat kind water? Tufiaka
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by 9niceguy(m): 11:40pm On May 25, 2015
Oyinbo go gan ni o. Omi igbe. Hmmmmmm wat of the odor?
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by doublewisdom: 11:43pm On May 25, 2015
Even germs and diseases won't dare him with the kind of money he has. If you doubt me give that same water to a poor man and watch him die on that spot .

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by adeyiga3(m): 11:44pm On May 25, 2015
For a billionaire to drink it den weytin con dey do us d thousandnaires nd future millionaires ehn
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Mowire: 11:45pm On May 25, 2015
Britons and Americans have been drinking water reclaimed from all kinds of poo from way back. Only difference is the technology makes the processing faster. If you're living in any of their cities with their efficient central sewerage systems you sure have beendrinking, cooking,washing and bathing with such reclaimed water. (No offence intended)

My main interest here is while the pastors, bishops, reverends, imams and all God's -friend (or servant) claiming persons of this world are busy amassing wealth wealth for personal comfort without limits this nonreligious man is thinking of how to make the world (God's creation) better for fellow humans to live in.
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by adeyiga3(m): 11:46pm On May 25, 2015
Beremx:

grin grin
miss ve u ever been out of d country? I swear naija shit no smell reach dere own ooo no just go try am na beg I dey beg u
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by suyamasta(m): 11:47pm On May 25, 2015
Goovo:
Me drink dat kind water? Tufiaka
It has been Purified theres no health risk!
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Mowire: 11:51pm On May 25, 2015
adeyiga3:
miss ve u ever been out of d country? I swear naija shit no smell reach dere own ooo no just go try am na beg I dey beg u

My Prof. Emeritus (Prof Ojiako ) in FUTO those days will tell you the Americans' poo pollutes more than Europeans'. (He was trained and worked in UK)
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by dinachi(m): 12:10am On May 26, 2015
Th
Mowire:
Britons and Americans have been drinking water reclaimed from all kinds of poo from way back. Only difference is the technology makes the processing faster. If you're living in any of their cities with their efficient central sewerage systems you sure have beendrinking, cooking,washing and bathing with such reclaimed water. (No offence intended)
Good! This clearly explains why they die from all manner of diseases and unexplained cancers. Bill Gates can continue to drink shit water after all he has the money to treat himself when he falls sick not many have enough to spend in a hospital.
Re: Bill Gates Drinks Water Distilled From Human Faeces! by Mowire: 12:28am On May 26, 2015
dinachi:
Th Good! This clearly explains why they die from all manner of diseases and unexplained cancers. Bill Gates can continue to drink shit water after all he has the money to treat himself when he falls sick not many have enough to spend in a hospital.

Not funny. Lol.
Anyway once a city becomes well planned and developed with effective sewerage handling facilities and water supply system everyone in that city will start drinking and cooking, bathing and washing with similar reclaimed water. No need to fear though, they are made completely clean and perfectly safe before they get to you.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case / I Hate Tinubu / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.