Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman (15497 Views)

Haliru Bello Under Police Watch, Son Remanded / Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective / Dickson,alamieyeseigha Ordered Out Of Jonathan's Meeting With PDP Board Of Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by PastorOla1: 8:00am On May 26, 2015
MyTime3:
GEJ positioning himself for 2019.

You heard it first from me.

#ThinkingOutLoud
TOTAL HOGWASH!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Chubbzzz: 8:01am On May 26, 2015
whoa.. That's not news
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Nobody: 8:02am On May 26, 2015
This would not stop the sinking of PDP!
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Opinedecandid(m): 8:10am On May 26, 2015
oweman:

Jonathan will not mind the HALIRUS siemeeks bribe bargage as he ( jonathan) too is corrupt

I bet you,

YOU ARE MORE CORRUPT than GEJ.
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by NewNigeriaMind: 8:11am On May 26, 2015
Ahmeduana:

TIME WILL TELL.

In 2012 before the merger the story is how will behuri agree to take orders from tinubu

In 2014 before the primaries you all said Atiku will win it because of dollars.

Before the election you called them strange bed fellows

Each time they have proven to you that you are myopic and very small minded.

Doyin Okupe said worse than this,

We are here today.

This is 2015,you are still in the same story.

Before apc picked VP you all said different stories

The stories from your end is endless.

No action.

Don't worry time will prove you wrong again and again. Just as time has proven you all wrong in the last 4 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by olatiler(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2015
Ahmeduana:

YOU GET IT WRONG MR, BY 2016 CRISIS WILL START IN APC.
BY 2017 YORUBA WILL PULL OUT OF APC.
BY 2018 YORUBA WILL GO BACK TO THEIR VOMIT, BEGGING THE SOUTHSOUTH AND THE SOUTHEAST TO FORM ALLIANCE SO THEY CAN DENIES BUHARI THE CHANCE OF 2019, BUT BY THEN CHOCKER WILL BE WAITING FOR THE YORUBAs, BECAUSE IS GOING TO BE PAYBACK TIME FOR THEIR BETRAYAL AND THEIR ACT TREACHERY. so mr whatever your name is, wake up from your delusion and shake off that false sense of triumphlism and conquerious feelings.j
when will you realise that Yoruba race are one of topmost player in Naija politics
anyway go to dinning Lil boy your tea and bread has been served, finish it quickly school bus will soon arrive

2 Likes

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by modath(f): 8:21am On May 26, 2015
Izunwa:

Were you so anxious to make it to the front page that you didn't read the heading and the content of the article In case you read it but cannot comprehend, let me help you out.
The article says that Haliru Bello emerged as PDP Board of Trustee Chairman (BoT) not as PDP National Chairman. Uche Secondus is still the Acting National Chairman (Firstus) of PDP.

My bad!! The BoT part just didn't register. Probably his being an ex Chairman is what just stuck.. Errors do happen.

As for the shade; I can assure you isn't necessary ,I teach "comprehension"....

In all, you may agree or not but in PDP's present precarious situation, any perception of them being a regional party will ensure their desire to return to the centre in record time won't happen...
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Ahmeduana(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

In 2012 before the merger the story is how will behuri agree to take orders from tinubu

In 2014 before the primaries you all said Atiku will win it because of dollars.

Before the election you called them strange bed fellows

Each time they have proven to you that you are myopic and very small minded.

Doyin Okupe said worse than this,

We are here today.

This is 2015,you are still in the same story.

Before apc picked VP you all said different stories

The stories from your end is endless.

No action.

Don't worry time will prove you wrong again and again. Just as time has proven you all wrong in the last 4 years.
GO BACK TO HISTORY TO CHECK WHAT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE FROM SOUTHWEST THAT GOES INTO ALLIANCE WITH THE NORTHERNERS AND SEE WHAT ENDS IT.

1 Like

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:33am On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Pdp is not a regional party and can never be a regional party.

But the people that control the party is key

If the SE is relegated in the pdp then it means there is no hope for opposition politics in Nigeria.

The north controlling pdp will never support a SE agenda. You can take that to the bank.
And d North would support a SW agenda,d way they are fighting d yorroba man for speaker abi?And d way they treated Abiola,and Awolowo dat made him take rat poison?
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by NewNigeriaMind: 8:42am On May 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
And d North would support a SW agenda,d way they are fighting d yorroba man for speaker abi?And d way they treated Abiola,and Awolowo dat made him take rat poison?

The Yoruba is negotiating, we negotiated the merger, we negotiated a 50 percent control of the party. We didnt wait to be given, we formed alliances and negotiated what we want.

We are negotiating the speakership also, once lawan gets senate we get speakership. That is politics my friend.

The north and awo case or Abiola, I have no time for silly tribal rants this morning.

If you really want to talk about those that betray us, talk about the SE and zik. A yoruba man created NCNC and the mistake he made was letting an igbo man is second in command. NCNC became a regional and a zik private projects when herbert died.

1 Like

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Izunwa(m): 8:44am On May 26, 2015
modath:

My bad!! The BoT part just didn't register. Probably his being an ex Chairman is what just stuck.. Errors do happen.

As for the shade; I can assure you isn't necessary ,I teach "comprehension"....

In all, you may agree or not but in PDP's present precarious situation, any perception of them being a regional party will ensure their desire to return to the centre in record time won't happen...
Sorry about the shade dear, you know this No light, no fuel issh is driving men nuts as of recent. Pls put the blame on GEJ that didn't do much to solve the crisis lol.
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by modath(f): 8:57am On May 26, 2015
Izunwa:

Sorry about the shade dear, you know this No light, no fuel issh is driving men nuts as of recent. Pls put the blame on GEJ that didn't do much to solve the crisis lol.

Its ok, no hard feelings.. But na we women suppose dey para oo, grin

The light situation me and you know na no go area but the fuel situation go ease by thur & e go solve the light situation, no be we dey generate light and water for ourselves since?

As for the grand marshall of the clueless parade, don't get me started on him as I don remove am for my consciousness, I bin dey count the hours wey remain for him,na 64hrs.

Na my DP be dis:

1 Like

Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

The Yoruba is negotiating, we negotiated the merger, we negotiated a 50 percent control of the party. We didnt wait to be given, we formed alliances and negotiated what we want.

We are negotiating the speakership also, once lawan gets senate we get speakership. That is politics my friend.

The north and awo case or Abiola, I have no time for silly tribal rants this morning.

If you really want to talk about those that betray us, talk about the SE and zik. A yoruba man created NCNC and the mistake he made was letting an igbo man is second in command. NCNC became a regional and a zik private projects when herbert died.

After betraying d South for d 2015 election,you yorrobas are stil begging d north and u call dat negotiating,when d north has claimed all d juicy positions,except d ceremonia vp you betrayed d whole South for?
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by GentleToks(m): 9:34am On May 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:
If SE and SS have some sense, this development should be opposed at all cost.

Like I always say, Yorubas need to take Ibos under our wing and assist their understanding of political turfs and tact and how the two elements are crucial for victories and dominance.

So I stand on this belief that the politically matured and savvy Yoruba should assist in pointing to the inept Ibo where political advantages exist and how to aspire for it.

I want all Ibos reading this to share with their Ezes and Ohanaeze that their inclusion in APC rulership will be very marginal and they must accept it as reality of their own informed action. To every cause there is an effect.

I also would like them to come to terms with their new role as the opposition bloc. PDP had a dry turn out in the NE and NW. The only glory PDP have for saving face is in their count in the National Assembly. If we take a poll of PDP assembly members majority are South Easterners. Therefore we can propose a similar formula as with APC and suggest power sharing in the opposition must reward support base and victories. In that case SE should get a chunk of the leadership positions in the opposition party, BoT Chairman should then go to an Iboman.

So why has it been given to an Hausa from NW where PDP just had an abysmal performance? What merits NW getting rewarded for poor performance?

The answer is simple! When it suits their temperament, PDP shares power by zone. The last BoT Chairman Tony Anenih is from SS. Before him it was Bamanga Tukur, from NE. Before that it was Obasanjo, from SW. Now they have moved it to NW.

In the just concluded election APC as a ruling party is distributing power in equity to its support base and victories....not according to zone!

BoT Chairmanship in the hands of Obasanjo produced YarAdua and succeedingly Jonathan. Obj had a plan mapped out (there's no winning against Baba Iyabo) and he unfolded it successfully.

Bamanga followed suit and would have succeeded if it wasn't for Obj rocking the PDP boat.

So in the hand of a veteran politician and power player BoT is a powerhouse of immense dimensions and it is from here that the future of PDP performance in the midterm elections and the next general elections will be shaped. PDP has inferred that it is interested in fielding a Northerner against Buhari in 2019.

What is wrong with an Ibo candidate? Ibos just delivered for PDP, when do they get their reward?

Ibos must speak up and against picking Haliru Mohammed from NW for BoT Chairman. Get an Iboman in there.

Chaiii! !!! This post has now confirmed how selfish and greedy Igbos are. The igbo poster in their well known usual manner meticulously talked about how Obasanjo, South west and others became BOT chairman.

What made Igbos more qualified than the rest for all these following positions under Jonathan

PRESIDENT
SGT
DEPUTY SENATE PRESIDENT
DEPUTY HOUSE OF REP
CBN
FINANCE
PETROLEUM
STOCK EXCHANGE
PRINTING AND MINTING
etc

If Obasanjo or Hausas/Fulanis have done this, you guys would have shouted blue murder and that y other Nigeria should get rid of you guys peacefully though. You guys just like a curse to the rest of them.

Let me quickly say this before I go, Igbos are just wasting their money, energy and of course their time on PDP. PDP ll be hijacked back by Hausas/Fulanis including Yoruba politicians when d moment is here.

What Igbo suppose to have done was to have gathered their people round APGA and build a strong opposition just like ACN.
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by tochukwuifeduba: 9:39am On May 26, 2015
Disclaimer Uche Secondus Is Still The PDP Acting Chairman Not Mohammed Bello by tochukwuifeduba: 9:34am
PDP appoints Mohammed, as Ag. BoT chairman

Abuja – The Board of Trustees (BoT) of Peoples Democratic Party on Monday approved the nomination of the former Acting National Chairman of the party, Dr Haliru Bello Mohammed, as its acting Chairman.

The Deputy Senate President, Chief Ike Ekweremadu, told State House Correspondents at the end of the BoT meeting in Abuja that Mohammed, who was the only nominee for the position, would act in that capacity until when a substantive BOT chairman is elected.

Haliru Muhammed Bello
He said that very soon the party would convene a meeting where both the National Chairman and the BOT chairman would be elected.

He also said that the acting Chairman of the party, Chief Uche Secondus, would continue in that capacity until a substantive chairman was elected.

Mohammed also told the correspondents that he was very happy to accept the responsibility for the period to start the process of repositioning the party towards the 2019 general elections.

He said that the executive powers of the party still resided with the National Working Committee (NWC) while the BoT would act as the conscience of the party and advice the NWC on how to move the party forward.

“We are determined that we will pull our ideas.

“Most of what remains as the founding fathers of the PDP is in the BoT.

“Therefore we will make sure that we use their collective wisdom to also reach out to all our members in all the states of the federation so that we will bring the party back to the grassroots.

“We are sending this party back to the people and with what we have seen in the last 16 years our relationship with the people of Nigeria we are confident that the PDP will still remain the largest party in Africa and certainly the party of choice in Nigeria.

The Acting National Chairman, Secondus, in his contribution said the acting officials would collaborate with the party to take the party back to the grassroots.

“By so doing we are going to reinvent and reposition ourselves for the new position of PDP to provide vibrant, robust and constructive opposition.

The National Secretary of the BoT, Sen. Walid Jubrin, said the acting officials would be in office for about three months as the appointments were a temporary measure to reposition the party.

Jubrin said that President Goodluck Jonathan had declined to serve as the Acting chairman of the BOT which informed the nomination of Mohammed to fill the vacuum created by the resignation of the former chairman, Chief Tony Aneni.

He said the BOT and the NWC would sit down to take a decision on when to fix the convention of the party where substantive officers to occupy the vacant positions would be elected.

- See more at:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/pdp-appoints-mohammed-as-ag-bot-chairman/
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by softmind24: 9:46am On May 26, 2015
Ahmeduana:

YOU GET IT WRONG MR, BY 2016 CRISIS WILL START IN APC.
BY 2017 YORUBA WILL PULL OUT OF APC.
BY 2018 YORUBA WILL GO BACK TO THEIR VOMIT, BEGGING THE SOUTHSOUTH AND THE SOUTHEAST TO FORM ALLIANCE SO THEY CAN DENIES BUHARI THE CHANCE OF 2019, BUT BY THEN CHOCKER WILL BE WAITING FOR THE YORUBAs, BECAUSE IS GOING TO BE PAYBACK TIME FOR THEIR BETRAYAL AND THEIR ACT TREACHERY. so mr whatever your name is, wake up from your delusion and shake off that false sense of triumphlism and conquerious feelings.j
mind u it will take the grace of God for any northern candidate to beat BUHARI @ the poll, u don't understand the kind of love the hausa massess has for GMB
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by shammah1(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2015
Mr APC, how does this development concern you? Why are you lamenting? Let PDP be
MayorofLagos:

Like I always say, Yorubas need to take Ibos under our wing and assist their understanding of political turfs and tact and how the two elements are crucial for victories and dominance.

So I stand on this belief that the politically matured and savvy Yoruba should assist in pointing to the inept Ibo where political advantages exist and how to aspire for it.

I want all Ibos reading this to share with their Ezes and Ohanaeze that their inclusion in APC rulership will be very marginal and they must accept it as reality of their own informed action. To every cause there is an effect.

I also would like them to come to terms with their new role as the opposition bloc. PDP had a dry turn out in the NE and NW. The only glory PDP have for saving face is in their count in the National Assembly. If we take a poll of PDP assembly members majority are South Easterners. Therefore we can propose a similar formula as with APC and suggest power sharing in the opposition must reward support base and victories. In that case SE should get a chunk of the leadership positions in the opposition party, BoT Chairman should then go to an Iboman.

So why has it been given to an Hausa from NW where PDP just had an abysmal performance? What merits NW getting rewarded for poor performance?

The answer is simple! When it suits their temperament, PDP shares power by zone. The last BoT Chairman Tony Anenih is from SS. Before him it was Bamanga Tukur, from NE. Before that it was Obasanjo, from SW. Now they have moved it to NW.

In the just concluded election APC as a ruling party is distributing power in equity to its support base and victories....not according to zone!

BoT Chairmanship in the hands of Obasanjo produced YarAdua and succeedingly Jonathan. Obj had a plan mapped out (there's no winning against Baba Iyabo) and he unfolded it successfully.

Bamanga followed suit and would have succeeded if it wasn't for Obj rocking the PDP boat.

So in the hand of a veteran politician and power player BoT is a powerhouse of immense dimensions and it is from here that the future of PDP performance in the midterm elections and the next general elections will be shaped. PDP has inferred that it is interested in fielding a Northerner against Buhari in 2019.

What is wrong with an Ibo candidate? Ibos just delivered for PDP, when do they get their reward?

Ibos must speak up and against picking Haliru Mohammed from NW for BoT Chairman. Get an Iboman in there.
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by shammah1(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2015
Guy chill, this is BOT chairman and not national chairman. I think national chairman will go to SE
tochukwuifeduba:
why cant PDP appoint an Igbo man as the National Chairman?

we have no further stake at the PDP after the exit of Mr Jonathan on May 29th it will be to you tent oh Israel..

Atleast a South Easterner should take over the leadership of the PDP or a Niger Deltan
Re: PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman by Correctman0606: 11:29am On May 26, 2015
MayorofLagos:

You are the poorest ever and indeed the badest in political mathematics. As at today, the reign and popularity of those most wicked and devilish people like the Obasanjos and Buharis are as a result of the fact that they are more in number (population) and not because these people are an half inch relevant, reasonable or in any way looked at and claimed as human beings who are held in high esteem. To me they are just riff raffs, coupled with the fact that the today Nigeria is full of tribal supports. If majority of Nigerians are reasonable, people like the Obasanjos, Buharis who have committed so much havoc will never smell power but because of tribal persuit and political greed by those ealders, they want to remain in power. If Obasanjo was from the south south, Buhari will still win becauae of their tribal nature, joined with the fact that they agreed with the yorubas who are aslo large in number to force out GEJ who, is no doubt a minority, in that case you should have seen that Obasanjo who you have taken very powerful would have remained irrelivant.
Forget the Ibo. You cannot, never convince the Ibos to support the Hausas and yorubas. We are life time enemies. While I have no enough time to enumerate the sins of those two tribes against the Ibos, get in today that, till this country will disintegrate, the Ibo man will never go together with these two tribes. Period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo: APC Crisis Worsens As S’west, S’south Chairmen Bicker / Election Petition: INEC, Buhari, APC Seek Suspension Of Tribunal’s Proceedings, / Insecurity: When Will Nigeria Itself Be Abducted? - Mike Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.