Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel (44035 Views)

Soldiers Take Over Lagos, Many Wounded As Transport Workers Clash / Soldiers Take Over Arepo, Trace Militants To Badagry / Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Richy4(m): 8:06am On May 26, 2015
That is why i love western countries. This is the type of news Fox news would have loved to air. It would have been tagged armed robbery in broad day light by uniformed men.

And the soldiers in question will be dismissed and tried for arm robbery. Meaning that there is equality before the law.

I guess Nigeria is a " democratic" country. And if this story is true, what are the media doing with their weapons of mass destruction. Or is it not the best time to roll out the communication drums?

Even the story got no picture, no prove. The country got a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Nobody: 8:06am On May 26, 2015
This kind of behavior deserves to be punished!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Ilekeh(f): 8:08am On May 26, 2015
If I have to ask if this is legal then something is wrong with Nigeria.

I don't even know what's legal and what is not in Nigeria anymore.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by betty202020(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2015
midolian:

Ifeanyi Uba!
Ifeanyi Uba
Ifeanyi Uba, how many times did I call u? Lemme not spew what I have on my mind.. B4 your brothers/sisters will come here to turn it to a tribal warcheesy cheesy cheesy

As for our soldiers, this is what they know how to do best. Bully pple they are to protect and work for the interest of cunning individuals in the society..bring shecow head for me, una no gree. Now see the shameful thing they go about doing.
be reasonable and comprehend while reading. The writer said military hijacked the senerio in pretence and gained access to the pumps. They filled their drums with with dozens of jerry cans 4 times. if u are reasonable, u would have known that one trip the soldies made is enough to fill 35 consumers at a go. mind u that some motorists buys less than 15 ltrs. then multiply it by 4 times. this account is for soldiers alone, what about police and other security agencies? in this situation, what is the fate fuel attendance? Ubah really tried

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by hebrew03: 8:08am On May 26, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
GOATandYAMtheory:
Officials of the Nigerian Army on Monday took over the Ojodu Berger outlet of Capital Oil, buying petroleum products in drums, after scaring away thousands of consumers.

The armed personnel came in the guise of maintaining peace and order, but they soon abandoned their primary responsibility for fuel racket. They shoved, maltreated and sent away those who were on queue to be attended to, thereby gaining access to have their drums loaded with fuel.

As of press time, the unregistered white Isuzu truck they use for the ‘deal’ had visited the filling station for the fourth time.

The fourth truck was being loaded as of 8:50pm.

The vehicle, on each visit, left with at least 14 drums and dozens of gallons filled with fuel.

The helpless consumers, some of who slept at the filling station, suspected the soldiers were feeding the growing Lagos black market with the product.

The military officials who were fully dressed had taken over the only two pumps that dispensed the Premium Motor Spirit.

Those who protested the act were beaten and given scares on their bodies.

Meanwhile, consumers, who had spent the entire Monday at the filling station without getting the product to buy, had described the announcement by Ifeanyi Uba as a publicity stunt.

By 9pm on Monday, not more than a hundred cars left the station with fuel.

Besides the military, officials of the Nigeria Police Force and black market dealers took over the show while thousands of motorists who had crowded the place since 5am were abandoned.

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-take-over-capital-oil-load-drums-with-fuel/

Shey nah like dis we go dey dey grin
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by harry509: 8:10am On May 26, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Officials of the Nigerian Army on Monday took over the Ojodu Berger outlet of Capital Oil, buying petroleum products in drums, after scaring away thousands of consumers.

The armed personnel came in the guise of maintaining peace and order, but they soon abandoned their primary responsibility for fuel racket. They shoved, maltreated and sent away those who were on queue to be attended to, thereby gaining access to have their drums loaded with fuel.

As of press time, the unregistered white Isuzu truck they use for the ‘deal’ had visited the filling station for the fourth time.

The vehicle, on each visit, left with at least 14 drums and dozens of gallons filled with fuel.

The helpless consumers, some of who slept at the filling station, suspected the soldiers were feeding the growing Lagos black market with the product.

The military officials who were fully dressed had taken over the only two pumps that dispensed the Premium Motor Spirit.

Meanwhile, consumers, who had spent the entire Monday at the filling station without getting the product to buy, had described the announcement by Ifeanyi Uba as a publicity stunt.

By 9pm on Monday, not more than a hundred cars left the station with fuel.

Besides the military, officials of the Nigeria Police Force and black market dealers took over the show while thousands of motorists who had crowded the place since 5am were abandoned.

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-take-over-capital-oil-load-drums-with-fuel/
greed wit shamful art army mitcheeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww. Thurder fire most nigeria leaders
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Ujupsy: 8:11am On May 26, 2015
My fellow Nigerians have you seen your army ,always treating Nigerians like goat ,anytime they av the opportunity,very bad .
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by midolian(m): 8:11am On May 26, 2015
betty202020:
be reasonable and comprehend while reading. The writer said military hijacked the senerio in pretence and gained access to the pumps. They filled their drums with with dozens of jerry cans 4 times. if u are reasonable, u would have known that one trip the soldies made is enough to fill 35 consumers at a go. mind u that some motorists buys less than 15 ltrs. then multiply it by 4 times. this account is for soldiers alone, what about police and other security agencies? in this situation, what is the fate fuel attendance? Ubah really tried
work on your thinking b4 u quote me next time.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by eaglechild: 8:12am On May 26, 2015
Jonathan's tenure has witnessed the least fuel scarcity in Nigeria's history.

Yet at the end the children of hate want to taint him by hoarding petroleum products.

Most of the cabal members are staunch APC supporters who cannot replicate Ifeanyi Ubah's gesture.

Besides diesel has been deregulated for the past 7 years yet they refuse to supply the product.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Nobody: 8:13am On May 26, 2015
midolian:
lol..you should have started politely..if not that I have a very good chukwudi friend, I wld hav gvn u what u deserve.

What if ifeanyi uba connived with the uniform men? What if it was his plan? Military men with an unregistered vehicle, taking rounds and there is nothing a powerful man as uba can do about it? According to the news, the soldiers didn't come once, not twice, not even trice and you expect me to believe there was nothing he could do about it?..abeg use ya head

Olodo what makes you think ,I care about your useless invectives? If Ifeanyi Uba did not want to sell fuel like his fellow markerters,heavens will not fall and I bet you the strike will still be on now.You sophisticated haters should try and get a life.Your Frustrations should be directed to the likes of OANDO,MRS etc who refused to sell at all and not this patriotic Nigerian citizen.So you expect Dr Ubah to chase away the soldiers in this country? who doesn't know how crazy Nigerians soldiers are especially when it concerns "bloody civilians"
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by arsetalks(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2015
SPAGGYYY:
Bros abeg no vex ooo shey na fuel PHCN take restore power? Where u for come sef?
Which school did you go? We need to seek for a refund.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by danny301: 8:16am On May 26, 2015
[quote author=Beremx post=34098538]Those in charge of Ifeanyi Uba's petrol station should be blamed. They cannot co-ordinate the sale of fuel accordingly and they prefer to sell to black marketers at higher price.

Ifeanyi Uba has done his best and he should be commended anyway.[/quote

Impersonation, right?
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Sunshinelady(f): 8:18am On May 26, 2015
new2020:
Very stu$pid headline! Typical Yoruba Newspaper and over-zealous yoruba OP who is keen to see harm come to a successful Igbo business man! Find me another bad news!
. You couldnt hav said it any better. Whenever there's news about somthin good coming from d east, their body begins to bite them. & they can use their lst drop of blood to turn dt news to be bad. May God deliver them from their hateful hearts. Because whomevr God has blessed no man can curse

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by stagger: 8:18am On May 26, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]Jungle Justice..how will Ifeanyi Ubah get his money back...those Soldiers are heartless [/size]

Some of you do not bother to read. Where was it said they took away fuel without paying?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by OduaVanguard: 8:19am On May 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo what makes you think ,I care about your useless invectives? If Ifeanyi Uba did not want to sell fuel like his fellow markerters,heavens will not fall and I bet you the strike will still be on now.You sophisticated haters should try and get a life.Your Frustrations should be directed to the likes of OANDO,MRS etc who refused to sell at all and not this patriotic Nigerian citizen.So you expect Dr Ubah to chase away the soldiers in this country? who doesn't know how crazy Nigerians soldiers are especially when it concerns "bloody civilians"

Yimu. You loud-mouths and your "i bet", "i bet". You just like feeling important sha. Smh. How many past "bets" have you, chukwudi, lost on NL ? ? Remember your bets on GEJ election? ? You must be a very emotional guy.

You Easterners are free to hero-worship Ifeanyi (afyerall he's one of yours) all you want, but the rest of use can see through his publicity stunt.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by b2strike(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2015
some of u expect d military to Que up for fuel abi, u r all crazy.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by ibrokola(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2015
How do you know it's for black markets? It's for fueling the several NA Hilux in order to carry out patrols!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by kalufelix(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2015
Animal people Zoo country RUBBISH!!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by repogirl(f): 8:21am On May 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:
So you are telling me with all the people there nobody could take picture of the officers in question and post to shame them? Indiscipline in the army and police seriously needs to be tackled and Jonathan did nothing about it on a grassroot level, his government even encouraged the impunity.
take picture of soldier kwa, you wan die?
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by OduaVanguard: 8:22am On May 26, 2015
Sunshinelady:
. You couldnt hav said it any better. Whenever there's news about somthin good coming from d east, their body begins to bite them. & they can use their lst drop of blood to turn dt news to be bad. May God deliver them from their hateful hearts. Because whomevr God has blessed no man can curse

Quit whining abeg. If you are not satisfied with the report, don't you have newspapers in the east that can spread the sort of propaganda you love to read? Always blaming Yoruba man for your foolishness. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by PentiumPro(f): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
Ibos are always looking for Hero figure in the wrong people.
Ojukwu - Hero
Jonathan - Hero
and now Ifeanyi Uba - Hero
#SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by slydog(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2015
new2020:
Very stu$pid headline! Typical Yoruba Newspaper and over-zealous yoruba OP who is keen to see harm come to a successful Igbo business man! Find me another bad news!

Stay in Anambra and do business, why bother coming to Lagos with stupid Yoruba pple

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Nobody: 8:22am On May 26, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Yimu. You loud-mouths and you "bet". You just like feeling important sha. Smh. How many past "bets" have you, chukwudi, lost on NL ? ? Remember your bets on GEJ election? ? You must be a very emotional guy.

You Easterners are free to hero-worship Ifeanyi (afyerall he's one of yours) all you want, but the rest of use can see through his publicity stunt.

Bros Ifeanyi ubah is getting praise from all and sundry for his very patriotic act,He is our new hero.If you don't like it ,just go and commit suicide
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by PentiumPro(f): 8:24am On May 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros Ifeanyi ubah is getting praise from all and sundry for his very patriotic act,He is our new hero.If you don't like it ,just go and commit suicide
See this useless old mofo too dey put mouth! grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Nobody: 8:25am On May 26, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Quit whining abeg. If you are not satisfied with the report, don't you have newspapers in the east that can spread the sort of propaganda you love to read? Always blaming Yoruba man for your foolishness. Smh.

Olodo who even takes PUNCH seriously in this dispensation.The useless newspaper once the pride of Nigerian journalism has descended down the throes of ethnic bigotry and partisanship
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by roselynbas(f): 8:25am On May 26, 2015
During the fuel scarcity, everyone kept quiet, someone brought solution and instead of rejoicing most are pointing fingers and insulting themselves. Keep up the good work!

Please, note that GEJ is gone so take him off your radar, let's concentrate on what we can do for the betterment of the country with the current leader.

We have this powerful tool called social media, if the LGA chairman in your locality is not working, bring his pix and name here and we will be on his case until something is done. If the roads are bad, we will take pix and post it here until those responsible do something about it. We can discuss the light situation in our environment and ask why there's blackout and seek resolution.

The power is now in our hands, there must be efficiency now.

Let's stop with all the childish insults, nairaland has grown beyond childish tantrums.

Long live Nigeria!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by charlie009: 8:25am On May 26, 2015
winnieG1:

you are a disgrace to your community, how many pumps did your billionaire marketers open? Ifeanyi Ubah got it right this time and must be commended.
stupidity is when you're suffering and yet you have nothing to offer.why has he been keeping d product? I know you're just a baby in d system n don't let dis little thing u c him do decieve you. Mugu
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by Nobody: 8:26am On May 26, 2015
PentiumPro:

See this useless old mofo too dey put mouth! grin
akwunakwuna wetin concern you.After working all through last night ,is it not high time you take a nap
Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by anonimi: 8:27am On May 26, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:

Buhari is BACK!

Welcome to "change" grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091112_standinlinebuhari2_jpeg5da45922609295bad2b14039227bdcd1

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by OduaVanguard: 8:27am On May 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

I don't care if you consider him a hero or not, you are entitled to your own hero. My own is this your "I bet", "i bet" talk. Considering your abysmal track record on NL, you go dey lose a lot of bets bro, so pls quit betting, biko. Lol. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by PentiumPro(f): 8:27am On May 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo who even takes PUNCH seriously in this dispensation.The useless newspaper once the pride of Nigerian journalism has descended down the throes of ethnic bigotry and partisanship
Old fool, but you can take Sun and Vanguard serious abi? Fucckingg hairy ape!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel by alobam1: 8:28am On May 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:
So you are telling me with all the people there nobody could take picture of the officers in question and post to shame them? Indiscipline in the army and police seriously needs to be tackled and Jonathan did nothing about it on a grassroot level, his government even encouraged the impunity.

You go snap foto of a Nigerian Soldier?You wan die be that..If them grab person..Make i no even say wetin fit happen sef.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nneom Nkechi Okorocha Wears School Uniform In Owerri / 84-Year-Old Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassador To US Asked To Retire By Nigerians / Emir Sanusi Replies Ganduje’s Query

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.