Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG (503 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Fuel Scarcity Will Persist Till May–kachikwu / Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by metronaija: 7:23am On May 26, 2015
National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG National President, Mr. Igwe Achese, at a briefing in Lagos, yesterday said fuel scarcity will continue to be part of Nigeria’s socio-economic problems if certain things are not fixed like if the country’s refineries remain grounded, importation of petroleum products continues, subsidy persists, deregulation ignored and depot not rehabilitated.
Achese in his speech blamed the current scarcity of fuel on Lagos State government, who he said gave tanker drivers 24 hours, instead of the two weeks they asked for, to leave Oshodin-Apapa Expressway.

He said: “We are not on strike. It was just a withdrawal of services. I directed that the trucks stay away to avoid violence. “Even when the tankers were out of the roads, trailers took over which means it is not our problem.

“We work and pay our taxes in Lagos. It is unfortunate that they do not consider it good enough to create a corridor for us just as they did for Bus Rapid Transport, BRT.

“As long as government refuses to do the needful, fuel scarcity will continue to be part of this country.

“To stop it, our refineries must be put in order, railways working, the downstream sector deregulated, subsidy removed and depot rehabilitated.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/05/nupeng-fuel-scarcity-will-continue-to.html
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by metronaija: 7:23am On May 26, 2015
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by Maczeelly(m): 7:39am On May 26, 2015
SMH for this country.....
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by seunlayi(m): 8:09am On May 26, 2015
another version of the reason of the strike

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by kayceshow(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2015
wahala dey
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by Chiaka(f): 9:27am On May 26, 2015
Once Subsidy is discontinued it will be just fine
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by spenca: 9:32am On May 26, 2015
Is the government meant to create a corridor for you or you go find yourself a park or garage to park you tankers , quite a dumb statement , just like me saying because I pay taxes government should find a place for me to park my cars or tie my cow
Re: Fuel Scarcity Will Continue To Be Part Of Nigeria’s Problem - NUPENG by Greatihex(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2015
Yet the gullible keep blaming Gej.

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy Palava: Guy Proposed To A Lady With Fuel (ANIMPICS) / Hire Heavy Construction Equipments In Port Harcourt At A Reduced Rate! View Pics / How We Tackled Cabals In Oil Industry – Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.