Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Year God Died - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45862 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2015
The Year God Died

So God died, and was laid to rest. Then, as expected, hell broke loose.

Satan turned the world upside-down. We ate frogs as food, and it was just one frog a week.

We had no water - not even our urine- for drinking. We drank our tears.

Demons taught us in schools without books. Our classes held in the dark. The sun was nowhere.

Chickens lived longer than children. Corpses were like grains of sand. Death was a friend.

So many more I cannot tell.

Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.

There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.

My friend, God is not dead. He is still very much in charge!

400 Likes 54 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by CeceezKollecti: 4:51pm On May 26, 2015
Gbam!

8 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Readwarn(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2015
You nailed it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
Lol.
The above confirms the fears that many faithful secretly harbor. If you have to write this, then you are already not sure that he is out there.
This is more like fearful cry for reassurance.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by Ishilove: 6:49pm On May 26, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.
The above confirms the fears that many faithful secretly harbor. If you have to write this, then you are already not sure that he is out there.
I know sey na dis kain thread I go see you

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
Ishilove:

Before nko ?, Ishi-rabble rouser.
How far wink

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Ishilove: 7:29pm On May 26, 2015
plaetton:

Before nko ?, Ishi-rabble rouser. How far wink
i dey o smiley
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 8:05pm On May 26, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.

The world certainly looks like God died!

18 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 26, 2015
Ishilove:

lol at first this plaetton of a guy was begining to reason with the o.p cos he thought the o.p was an atheist like him. but as he read on, things changed an at the end he was disappointed.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 26, 2015
So I made a few changes to the op...

The Year God came into existence

So God came into existence. Then, as expected, the world became a better place.

Satan was nowhere to be found. Everyone ate good food, 3 square meals a day.

Everyone had water, clean water for drinking.

We all got an education. Science and actual history was taught in class as opposed to pseudo-science and myth.

Children had no need for extensive heath care. Death was painless. There was no hell, heaven was paradise.

So blissful.

Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.

There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.

My friend, God is not dead real. Grow up!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by onetrack(m): 9:30pm On May 26, 2015
If this is what the world is like with God alive, I'd say he is doing a terrible job. He should be sacked and replaced with a new god immediately.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by An2elect2(f): 10:35pm On May 26, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.

If you have to keep running round the religion section 24/7 with only one aim, to prove that God does not exist, then you are already not sure of what you profess.

How could you have exposed your fears in public? we know already! grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by An2elect2(f): 10:37pm On May 26, 2015
onetrack:
If this is what the world is like with God alive, I'd say he is doing a terrible job. He should be sacked and replaced with a new god immediately.

If God thinks the way you do, he wont earn this whole big respect from men. Fear God and be wise. grin

NAGODWIN!!!!

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 10:45pm On May 26, 2015
An2elect2:

If you have to keep running round the religion section 24/7 with only one aim, to prove that God does not exist, then you are already not sure of what you profess.

How could you have exposed your fears in public? we know already! grin
The 24/7 time is mine to spend as I wish.Using it to shame primitive superstitions is my pleasure, as well as a public service to my country. The very least that I could do.

28 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by An2elect2(f): 10:57pm On May 26, 2015
plaetton:

The 24/7 time is mine to spend as I wish.Using it to shame primitive superstitions is my pleasure, as well as a public service to my country. The very least that I could do.

huhuhuhuhu You know nada grin

This guy is on a failed mission!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 6:26pm On May 27, 2015
DProDG:
So I made a few changes to the op...

The beautiful thing about all is this: deep within your heart, there is a conviction that God is real. You may choose not to listen to it, but it doesn't erode the truth.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2015
onetrack:

Seriously? It's painful enough that in all your mess, God will never speak ill of you like you say of him.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.

I believe your baseless beliefs compelled you to misunderstand me. I am more sure that God is out there than I am more sure I am alive.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 7:12pm On May 27, 2015
sundayerhun:

I am more sure that God is out there than I am more sure I am alive.

Epic.
Standing ovation for you, sir.

16 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 27, 2015
seemples:

The world certainly looks like God died!

pure!
a minutes attention to daily global occurrences would definitely make one realize that god is a big Hoax

5 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 8:04pm On May 27, 2015
MrPresident:

pure!
a minutes attention to daily global occurrences would definitely make one realize that god is a big Hoax

But God does exist I believe sir. I only said it looks like He doesn't.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 10:31pm On May 27, 2015
seemples:

But God does exist I believe sir. I only said it looks like He doesn't.
And you believe with faith i supoose?

4 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 2:47am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:
And you believe with faith i supoose?

Assuming my understanding of faith and yours are same, Yes!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by smartesboys(m): 5:56am On May 28, 2015
Are you serious?
who created you? pharps do you think god can die?
do you think you live on your own decision?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2015
seemples:

Assuming my understanding of faith and yours are same, Yes!
So do you need faith to know 2+2 is 4?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 9:19am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

So do you need faith to know 2+2 is 4?

Like I said earlier, it all depends if my understanding of faith tallies with yours....so 2+2 equalling 4 might actually need faith to believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 9:24am On May 28, 2015
seemples:

Like I said earlier, it all depends if my understanding of faith tallies with yours....so 2+2 equalling 4 might actually need faith to believe.

Am sure that can be termed dishonesty. . . You don't believe 2+2 is 4, you know it is.. Knowing means Certainty.

So what is your own definition of faith if i may ask?

5 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 9:42am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Am sure that can be termed dishonesty. . . You don't believe 2+2 is 4, you know it is.. Knowing means Certainty.

So what is your own definition of faith if i may ask?

Haba Jonnydon, You just landed on ..I know...certainty... dishonesty...despite my caveat on our understanding of what faith is?

My definition of faith? I guess that's where you shudav started.
Or more so, by defining or decribing ur understanding of faith first before asking about mine.
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2015
seemples:

Haba Jonnydon, You just landed on ..I know...certainty... dishonesty...despite my caveat on our understanding of what faith is?
When you reduce a global certainty (knowledge) to the dimension of faith i think that is where your dishonesty creeps in. 2+2 =4. Faith is not needed in this cus whether you have faith (whatever yours means) does not affect in anyway that it is (4) and remains so. . . It is just pure knowledge. . .
Their is a huge difference between saying;
I know 2+2=4
and
I believe 2+2=4

seemples:

My definition of faith? I guess that's where you shudav started.
Or more so, by defining or decribing ur understanding of faith first before asking about mine.
A simple definition of Faith, let me hew from the dictionary.

Faith (Religion) A belief, conviction or feeling that something is true without empirical evidence..

Now do you mind giving your own definition?

7 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 10:43am On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:
When you reduce a global certainty (knowledge) to the dimension of faith i think that is where your dishonesty creeps in. 2+2 =4. Faith is not needed in this cus whether you have faith (whatever yours means) does not affect in anyway that it is (4) and remains so. . . It is just pure knowledge. . .
Their is a huge difference between saying;
I know 2+2=4
and
I believe 2+2=4

Ok, by ur line of reasoning then, I can firmly infer that you , Jonnydon, are dishonest being deluded by reducing a global certainty - God's existence - [ though not all believe in God, just as not all believe 2+2=4 ( to wit, for 1orange to equal another, you have to bring an exact same orange of exact same proportions juice, fibre and all, to equal 2..) ] to wherever level you placed it.

A simple definition of Faith, let me hew from the dictionary.

Faith (Religion) A belief, conviction or feeling that something is true without empirical evidence..

Now do you mind giving your own definition?

So I follow the definition of Faith as the substance of things not seen, the evidence of things hoped for.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 12:07pm On May 28, 2015
seemples:

Ok, by ur line of reasoning then, I can firmly infer that you , Jonnydon, are dishonest being deluded by reducing a global certainty - God's existence - [ though not all believe in God, just as not all believe 2+2=4 ( to wit, for 1orange to equal another, you have to bring an exact same orange of exact same proportions juice, fibre and all, to equal 2..) ] to wherever level you placed it.
Now look at this...
I think everyone reading this now get a clear picture..
A god exists, a global certainty? while whereas you stipulate others don't believe this...lmao..How come it still is a global certainty?
How can "belief" be a certainty when it is not "empirical knowledge"

When something is certain it no longer needs to be believed, if actually you are sure a god exist, you wouldn't be saying "Believe" but you would be saying "i know".

Now you want to liken a simple maths rule of 2+2=4 and reduce it to a simpleton dimension of belief.
I have given this example before..
Their is a huge difference in saying
I know 2+2=4 (certainty)
and
I believe 2+2=4 (unsure)

I think it is very clear when someone says "i believe 2+2 is not 4 that its just plain fallacy born out of maybe ignorance or dishonesty.

Re-evaluate your analogy and see where your fallacies fall in...
Now tell me who is being dishonest here; The one who thinks belief is a form of certainty (when its not certainty), if belief its a form of certainty it wouldn't be belief anymore but knowledge...
Bandwagon fallacy is a huge intellectual argumentive flaw i must add.

seemples:

So I follow the definition of Faith as the substance of things not seen, the evidence of things hoped for.
Exactly what i was waiting for... Faith doesn't make anything true or even probably true, that you believe something with faith only shows you do so whether its true or not... This definition is not even different from what the dictionary gave us.

@Bolded; Evidence of things hoped for is a very clear to show its Wishful thinking....Hoping for something basically means wishing..
So then i take it from your definition that ur faith is evidence of things hope for (god)… isn't this enough to show you are just hoping their is?wink

I have faith (evidence of things hope for) that their is a huge diamond rabbit in space who created the universe; does my faith make this true?
Certainly not, it doesn't. smiley

So it is clear enough that faith makes nothing true no matter how hard you try to believe it.

Following the simple basic mathematics 2+2, its takes only knowledge in simple basic maths to know it is 4 (numerically), i wonder where faith comes in on this.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 12:35pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

If you'll quit all these dancing around with words !

You appear smart enough to use my orange analogy above to understand what I mean when I say 2+2=4 might need faith to believe.

You KNOWING 2+2 =4 is absolutely that fallacy you're talking about.

You BELIEVING 2+2=4 is being realistic because it's so believed that ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, 2+2=4.

All things held constant,all things being equal, 2+2=4 ...(all things means things seen and unseen, known and unknown factors etc)

Same line, All things held constant, GOD EXISTS!

Faith then is the equivalent of all things being constant.

21 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ejiro Otarigho The Burning Tanker Driver Gives Thanksgiving In Church (Video) / "Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.