Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State (35560 Views)

Why Wike Withdrew Licences Of 16 Schools In Rivers State / Court Reinstates Elected LG Chairmen In River State / Federal High Court Sacks LG Chairmen In Rivers State - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by haftob(m): 10:42pm On May 26, 2015
12345DKO:

Akala succeded because he was in PDP which was the ruling party then at the centre, thus had federal backing with all its machineries.
This is nt about any federal backing, the election is purely illegal and it can and should never stand. Take it to any law court, the election will never stand.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by 12345DKO(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2015
CSTR2:
So the tinubu treatment is now legal abi?
Its no longer oppression by the PDP?
charlatan.
Look, wike controls rivers state and by extension most of Nigeria's onshore oil fields.
Why do you think APC wants rivers desperately?
I don't need to spell out the things wike can do that will tame the entire nation.
There is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Wike can do to tame the Nation, he is a WEAKLING.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by utuk: 10:52pm On May 26, 2015
nonsence FP
the last time l check notice to political before conducting LG election it wasn't 3wks,so boy wake up from ur slumber and get ready to witness how wike will pursue the 22illegal APC chairmen

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by sunsewa: 10:59pm On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
These are the reasons why Wike will not dare to dissolve the newly elected LG Chairmen without going through the tedious route of the Judiciary.

1. Rule Of Law: Barring any unforeseen circumstances, May 29th will mark a Turning point in Nigeria's nascent democracy, when the amiable and people general Muhammadu Buhari will return to power the second time. Buhari known for his strict adherence to Rule of Law will not condone any act of brigandage from Nyesom Wike or any of his lieutenants, and wike will not like to dare him either. Whatever it is wike feels about the election should be channeled through the court just like Peterside Dakuku, his main rival in April 11 election was advised to do.

The Police and Lawful Order: Just like the first point above, No commissioner of police Under the government of Buhari Post May, will be willing to carry out any unlawful order that is contrary to the Rule Of Law. So Wike's hope of using the police or the military to effect the removal of the LG Chairmen will collapse on his head.

Tinubu's Treatment: Should Wike goes ahead to square up with Buhari's commitment to the Rule of Law by unilaterally dissolving or removing the Local Chairmen, I am sorry, Wik e will have to make to do with State's allocation to fund the local governments, as the statutory allocation for the LG will be kept in a special account pending when normalcy and legitimacy returns to the LG.

Absence Of Jonathan and His Wife: Wike may have been used to the life, where he gets everything arranged, fixed and cornered for him, owing to the impunity in governance of his "Jesus of Okrika" and her husband are noted for. This time around, he will have adjust to a new life, where his supposedly enemy, the Lion of Ubima, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi will be fully and firmly in charge of the "home affairs". So no cover for the "Wicked" here!

The Law Of Karma: In a saner Clime, person like Wike would have been cooling in himself in one of the dilapidated prisons dotting our land, pending when the State DPP finish preparing his murder charges. But hell no! This is a Nigeria of PDP, where murderers, Drug Peddlers, thieves and ex Convicts are rewarded with public posts to keep them afloat. Or how else could one best describe a situation, where someone who has been universally adjudged to have benefited from the worst electoral process in Nigeria, in which more than 94 Nigerians were alleged to have been killed, coming out to say he was not going to accept a mere LG election, because his party was defeated or he was not allowed to make use of the State machineries?

Consequently, with above points in mind, there is no way, Wike should unilaterally contemplate of dissolving the newly constituted LG authorities without recourse to the Rule Of Law by going to the court to seek redress.

Article written by Miss NgeneUkwenu:

Make no sense

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by thamarvelz(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2015
...And I looked at everything u have written, Miss OP, and its all rubbish...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by ossy4rill: 11:09pm On May 26, 2015
In an election where only one political party contested and you don't think its a sham because you support APC i just wasted my time commenting.

If Rule of law were to prevail the election shouldn't have held. As long as sensibility is concerned Gov Amaechi appointed LG chairmen and all of them will be dissolved because our constitution doesn't support appointing LG Chairmen.

Amaechi is the only reason Dakuku lost elections. Amaechi was the only problem with Rivers state both in Governorship and presidential elections, Amaechi sponsored 60% of electoral silences in the state to sell stories now this is another desperate attempt to destabilize the state before he leaves office

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by OdionOdion: 11:11pm On May 26, 2015
Where is Buhari now?,we are still at the Port Harcourt airport waiting for Buhari to come and commission Gov Amaechi 2009 projects

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by networkrecharg: 11:20pm On May 26, 2015
KILLING 94 PEOPLE TO BECOME GOVERNOR IS EVIL....

EVILS MUST BE STOPPED HEAD ON...
NO PARDON...

U235weapongrade:
My dear rivers state.
I never liked Wike, but I need peace to reign in dat state..

Donno how it's gonna be achieved...

Will the courts throw out Wike out rightly or will they order a new election
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by diamendiaz: 11:22pm On May 26, 2015
Rubbish.. He will unseat all of dem.. Na ur own u dey talk

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 26, 2015
ibietela2:

Long time Boss
My brother my friend. How have you guys been holding up ?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by sinizia: 11:23pm On May 26, 2015
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
These are the reasons why Wike will not dare to dissolve the newly elected LG Chairmen without going through the tedious route of the Judiciary.

1. Rule Of Law: Barring any unforeseen circumstances, May 29th will mark a Turning point in Nigeria's nascent democracy, when the amiable and people general Muhammadu Buhari will return to power the second time. Buhari known for his strict adherence to Rule of Law will not condone any act of brigandage from Nyesom Wike or any of his lieutenants, and wike will not like to dare him either. Whatever it is wike feels about the election should be channeled through the court just like Peterside Dakuku, his main rival in April 11 election was advised to do.

The Police and Lawful Order: Just like the first point above, No commissioner of police Under the government of Buhari Post May, will be willing to carry out any unlawful order that is contrary to the Rule Of Law. So Wike's hope of using the police or the military to effect the removal of the LG Chairmen will collapse on his head.

Tinubu's Treatment: Should Wike goes ahead to square up with Buhari's commitment to the Rule of Law by unilaterally dissolving or removing the Local Chairmen, I am sorry, Wik e will have to make to do with State's allocation to fund the local governments, as the statutory allocation for the LG will be kept in a special account pending when normalcy and legitimacy returns to the LG.

Absence Of Jonathan and His Wife: Wike may have been used to the life, where he gets everything arranged, fixed and cornered for him, owing to the impunity in governance of his "Jesus of Okrika" and her husband are noted for. This time around, he will have adjust to a new life, where his supposedly enemy, the Lion of Ubima, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi will be fully and firmly in charge of the "home affairs". So no cover for the "Wicked" here!

The Law Of Karma: In a saner Clime, person like Wike would have been cooling in himself in one of the dilapidated prisons dotting our land, pending when the State DPP finish preparing his murder charges. But hell no! This is a Nigeria of PDP, where murderers, Drug Peddlers, thieves and ex Convicts are rewarded with public posts to keep them afloat. Or how else could one best describe a situation, where someone who has been universally adjudged to have benefited from the worst electoral process in Nigeria, in which more than 94 Nigerians were alleged to have been killed, coming out to say he was not going to accept a mere LG election, because his party was defeated or he was not allowed to make use of the State machineries?

Consequently, with above points in mind, there is no way, Wike should unilaterally contemplate of dissolving the newly constituted LG authorities without recourse to the Rule Of Law by going to the court to seek redress.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by diamendiaz: 11:25pm On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You people should ask Wike to apply common sense when he assumes power, or else will be forced to drink peace!

Na u go drink piss... D LG chairmen must leave. We d pple of Rivers don't no them. We voted Wike.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by Mentcee(m): 11:26pm On May 26, 2015
The "Silliest" post by the silliest dullard. I had some respect for the Op, now I know she (or he as i believe this Ngene rubbish is a pseudonym by a bloody, male, oil soup licker) is a wasted sperm.. Thanks. Ngene Ukwenu my black nyansh.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by networkrecharg: 11:26pm On May 26, 2015
RULE OF LAW SAYS WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS TO LIFE...
94 KILLED PERSONS BLOOD WILL HUNT THE KILLER.

WE THE IKWERRES ARE NOT BLOOD SUCKERS... WE REJECT THE CARNAGE AND MASSACRE OF HUMANS JUST FOR POLITICAL POWER

THEY KILLED A MAN, CUT HIS PENNIS N HUNG IT ON A TREE JUST FOR POLITICAL POWER

ossy4rill:
In an election where only one political party contested and you don't think its a sham because you support APC i just wasted my time commenting.

If Rule of law were to prevail the election shouldn't have held. As long as sensibility is concerned Gov Amaechi appointed LG chairmen and all of them will be dissolved because our constitution doesn't support appointing LG Chairmen.

Amaechi is the only reason Dakuku lost elections. Amaechi was the only problem with Rivers state both in Governorship and presidential elections, Amaechi sponsored 60% of electoral silences in the state to sell stories now this is another desperate attempt to destabilize the state before he leaves office
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by diamendiaz: 11:28pm On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The Local Government Chairmen can even go to court to get an injunction citing the recent threat by Wike to dissolve them. And The government under APC, will make sure, the order is obeyed to the latter!

Wike is really in Soup! grin
Obviously u don't follow politics. So u re d first person to think of something like dis abi? In other states were d LG councils were dissolved, d partner members didn't think of this abi? Whether u like it or not, they must go. Amaechi didn't conduct LG elections in years a week to d expiration of his tenure he den conducts one and u are here talking rubbish..
Rubbish article

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by diamendiaz: 11:31pm On May 26, 2015
Na crase person na...
charlesucheh:
How Amaechi and Buhari go still go london go FETCH Buhari? Buhari na two ni OGA TALK WELL OOOoO! It's AMAECHI & TINUBU.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by diamendiaz: 11:32pm On May 26, 2015
Tell them
haftob:
He will dissolve them and nothing will happen. I'm a living witness to the 'Kangaroo' LG election Ladoja did few days to his tenure expiration in 2007. Akala dissolved them immediately he assumed office and sworn him caretaker chairmen the 2nd day and conducted his own LG some months later.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by funshint(m): 11:38pm On May 26, 2015
One thing I know and we all know but some pple #Tanoids are afraid to accept is that this is the wrongest time for Wike to hv been elected a governor. It's just a matter of months b4 he joins d league of former governors together with that one in Abia. The reign of impunity is over. Whatever was done by fraud is about to be undone by d rule of law.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by ibietela2(m): 11:40pm On May 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
My brother my friend. How have you guys been holding up ?

It's not easy o, but we will try our best.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by OwerriChairman(f): 11:47pm On May 26, 2015
Do u knw that Rivers state APC can never win any court case ?

Imagine that Amaechi, after closing courts in his state, came to Owerri high court to file a case against the inauguration of Wike,
Guess what the court ruled?

We have no jurisdiction to hear ur case, mister. Go and open your courts.

Now, after Wike opens the courts, would Amaechi still have the effontery to seek redress from same court?

Those judges go use am do yeye.
Buhari should better avoid Amaechi, walaii

I am APC but I can tell you that the LGA election by Amaechi was a sham.
There was even a court injunction against it.
Amaechi would be charged for contempt of court.

Did the Op talk about Rule of Law?

Contempt of court is hanging on Amaechi's neck fa
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by winningwinner(m): 11:50pm On May 26, 2015
If what you wrote here is true, why did Amaechi have to wait till the end of his tenure to impose local government chairmen on the incoming government of Wike? Wike and Amaechi who deserves blame - the one who did the illegalilty and the one who comes to correct it?
NgeneUkwenu:

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by winningwinner(m): 11:53pm On May 26, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

If what you wrote here is true, why did Amaechi have to wait till the end of his tenure to impose local government chairmen on the incoming government of Wike? Wike and Amaechi who deserves blame - the one who did the illegalilty and the one who comes to correct it?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by homesteady(m): 12:27am On May 27, 2015
Oh my days! This is the height of ridiculousness!

OP you kept on shouting rule of law, Has what Amaechi done part of the rule of law?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by maxtamazin: 12:32am On May 27, 2015
Trash!! I thought OP will come out with some legal and constitutional points to buttress her claim. Total waste of my time to read crap. This is going to be a legal challenge not some rubbish wish wash by a jobless Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by NobleG1(m): 1:30am On May 27, 2015
To publicly declare he'll break the law by illegally sacking local government Chairmen who were lawfully elected, shows the level of dictatorial tendecy and lawlessness of corrupt people.

The id*iot thought lawlessness will continue under Buhari. What a fool!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by mrkel(m): 4:58am On May 27, 2015
12345DKO:

Akala succeded because he was in PDP which was the ruling party then at the centre, thus had federal backing with all its machineries.

Then Rochas Okorocha who also dissolved all the Local government in his state upon assuming office did same because he is a member of PDP, shebi? Many of you on nairaland are not grounded on the goings-on in Nigeria politics. You only come to this forum and display high level of ignorance. Who makes laws for the LG administration? Is it not the state house of Assembly. The state house of Assembly also determines the lifespan the LG should stay in office. In case you don't know, the LG is under the state. Am surprised that the op cited Lagos state as example where their allocation was ceased to buttress why Wike can't dissolve the 22 jokers garbed as LG chairmen in my state. You also forgot to inform us what led to the action by OBJ's government to cease Lagos Local government allocation.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by PassingShot(m): 5:22am On May 27, 2015
haftob:

This is nt about any federal backing, the election is purely illegal and it can and should never stand. Take it to any law court, the election will never stand.
No problems if it's the court that declares it null and void. Wike, in this dispensation of change, has no choice than to go to court before the chairmen can be removed.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by PassingShot(m): 5:27am On May 27, 2015
Mentcee:
The "Silliest" post by the silliest dullard. I had some respect for the Op, now I know she (or he as i believe this Ngene rubbish is a pseudonym by a bloody, male, oil soup licker) is a wasted sperm.. Thanks. Ngene Ukwenu my black nyansh.
Why didn't you fault the post instead of attacking the OP?
I guess you're not intellectually endowed to argue against her points.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by PassingShot(m): 5:29am On May 27, 2015
mrkel:

Then Rochas Okorocha who also dissolved all the Local government in his state upon assuming office did same because he is a member of PDP, shebi? Many of you on nairaland are not grounded on the goings-on in Nigeria politics. You only come to this forum and display high level of ignorance. Who makes laws for the LG administration? Is it not the state house of Assembly. The state house of Assembly also determines the lifespan the LG should stay in office. In case you don't know, the LG is under the state. Am surprised that the op cited Lagos state as example where their allocation was ceased to buttress why Wike can't dissolve the 22 jokers garbed as LG chairmen in my state. You also forgot to inform us what led to the action by OBJ's government to cease Lagos Local government allocation.
Whatever impunity any politician engaged in under GEJ where the rule of law was non existent will not be allowed under GMB's administration.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by Courageous007(m): 6:12am On May 27, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Do Rule Of Law Exist In Nigeria??.. Wike Will Wike....D Amaechi Ameshit..
Is the high time you wake up from your slumber, it's not gonna be a game as usual under BMB administration.. if you are one of those people who doesn't have respect to the rule of law! You ve only two days left to adjust..GMB till 2023.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Wike Cannot Dissolve The Newly Elected LG Chairmen In Rivers State by francizy(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2015
Op you need a bottle of barcanister in your system, maybe afterwards you can produce a better article. embarassed cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) / INEC Fraudulently Allocated Votes To Tinubu- Kwankwaso / Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.