Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

(topic moved) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (topic moved) (557 Views)

He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM —wife / 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(topic moved) by TalentManager: 10:20pm On May 26, 2015
topic moved
Re: (topic moved) by indiraserv: 10:30pm On May 26, 2015
Except that they don't have accomodation yet,she can learn at Field of Skills and Dreams close to Dansol off Agidingbi,they are really good.....

1 Like

Re: (topic moved) by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 26, 2015
TalentManager:
My niece here in London wants to be a fashion designer, her mum thinks she should go home this summer to learn bespoke measuring and cutting.
We found two ladies who has a hostel accommodation facility for trainees, one in Egbeda and another in Dolphin estate Ikoyi. One is Yoruba one is Igbo but I wont tell you which is which.

The Egbeda lady was obviously God fearing, she looks like a decent Christian too. her gesture is very welcoming and warm, Lets call her Nkiru.
The Ikoyi lady looks feisty and barely replies me, even when you say thank you she wont say you are welcome, she will just leave the convo cold and open. However, she is on the island, the area looks very safe and professional.

I decided to go for Chichi anyway So I wrote
" Morning, thank you for showing interest bla bla bla , please don't take this personal but I will need your address, 1 utility bill and an ID for the safety of your student, I hope you understand" .

Her reply: Why this insult, respect yourself please and she blocked me.
She is not a scam or a criminal, her hostel has happy girls loitering around that I can see, but Yoruba says Inu jin, do I know if her boyfriend is an armed robber? what if evil thought is crippling her mind before July ? she could know ritualists.
Why do people take offence like that. Have I asked too much? should I call her back and apologize , would you even recommend this trip? I am having second thoughts make she siddon for London jare although she is looking forward to it and will learn a lot, thanks.

Wait!!
You want to send your JJC neice to and live with strangers becasue she wants to learn how to sew
Even if the woman gives you 10 utiity bills and ID's that doesnt guarantee your neices safety which is a lot more important than learning how to sew.
Dont you have family in Nigeria that she can stay with? Must it be a hostel?

Tailors are on every street. . . They all measure, cut and sew and many of them have apprentices so they all know how to teach. So if you have relatives, she can stay with them and attend classes close by. Just find a good tailor

If you are actually looking for a proper fashion school then its better that she goes daily from home.

Unless she is a rugged Nigerian herself and is very familiar with the terrain, then I wouldnt advise hostel
Besides have you looked at the hostel to even see what the facilities are like?
What happens in say in a medical emergency? Will madam be prepared to take a sick apprentice to hospital at 3am?

Please think it through very well o! I am speaking as a mother.
There are tailors in London too

1 Like

Re: (topic moved) by emilyone(f): 12:14am On May 27, 2015
BTW, how old is your niece?

(1) (Reply)

Gounding Your Child? / If You Are The One, What Will You Do / PHOTO: Father Poisons His 41 Day Old Baby In Order To Divorce Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.