Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,694 members, 7,809,621 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' (2762 Views)

My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / 'I Moved Out Of My Parents House Because Of My Mum" - Lady / Couple Spent N3m On Wedding But Got Evicted Weeks Later Cause They’re Owing Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:35am On Jan 06, 2016
My boyfriend, really my (supposed) fiancé, made me uproot and move to him only to leave me three weeks later. I was with him for four years and his job moved him to a different state. I stayed for two months to settle my affairs and make sure it was what he truly wanted, and had to rent out the house we bought together there.

He begged and pleaded with me to move for months, and I wanted him to be truly sure it was what he wanted, and I wanted to make sure we were on the right path to get married and everything. I had to quit my job, leave my home and now I have no friends and no support in this new place.

After settling in, he one day disappears for two days and texts me that he doesn't want this anymore and for me to leave with no real explanation. He won't talk to me and is just this callous cold person who wants me gone... after everything I gave up to be him. I am completely devastated and feel so hopeless. I have no money and no friends here.
What am I missing? Who does this, and especially this way to someone they supposedly loved and cared so much about and only weeks earlier joked about getting me pregnant? I just feel so lost and still in shock. I will never understand how someone could so easily hurt someone out of nowhere like that.

Please, any advice on how to move on would help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/samantha-rodman-phd/i-moved-to-be-with-my-fiance-and-he-dumped-me-three-weeks-later_b_8907628.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 06, 2016
U're male and ur fiancee is a male. Are u gay man?

D post has no relevance to u. Ask real questions and stop surfing d internet 4 useless things.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by CecyAdrian(f): 5:51am On Jan 06, 2016
Stories that touch the heart,
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by OYINBOGOJU(m): 5:52am On Jan 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
U're male and ur fiancee is a male. Are u gay man?

D post has no relevance to u. Ask real questions and stop surfing d internet 4 useless things.

Coming from r.e.t.a.r.d that comment before he read.

You must be too lazy to check out the link.

It may not be relevance to me as a man but it is relevance to some of our fellow Nlers ladies.

Mumu

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 06, 2016
OYINBOGOJU:

Coming from r.e.t.a.r.d that comment before he read.

You must be too lazy to check out the link.

It may not be relevance to me as a man but it is relevance to some of our fellow Nlers ladies.

Mumu
Idiiot and fish brain. Must u place post to please ppl. Even a goat is rational than u do cuz he would do things that concerns him first. Ur tear-tear life is there unpatched and u take long miles to do d bidding of what isn't related to u. Imbeciile

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:36am On Jan 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Idiiot and fish brain. Must u place post to please ppl. Even a goat is rational than u do cuz he would do things that concerns him first. Ur tear-tear life is there unpatched and u take long miles to do d bidding of what isn't related to u. Imbeciile

Fool continue your suffering and smiling in that hell.

Who dash your monkey banana?

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2016
CecyAdrian:
Stories that touch the heart,
which heart
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2016
OYINBOGOJU:

Fool continue your suffering and smiling in that hell.

Who dash your monkey banana?

When u were born, did ur mother dispose u in a septic tank b4 a good samaritan found u or how are u thinking like a maternal waste product like this?

5 Likes

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

When u were born, did ur mother dispose u in a septic tank b4 a good samaritan found u or how are u thinking like a maternal waste product like this?

Statement from a product of failed education.

Embodiment of indiscipline.

Ajurawalo Ijakadi ko.
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Jesuspistol(m): 6:54am On Jan 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

shocked
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by CecyAdrian(f): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2016
kallmemrB:
which heart

Lol, it touches but do not move it grin
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Lol, it touches but do not move it grin
hahahaha smart lady
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by RockMaxi: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2016

Me here in Nigeria to advice a bf and gf in America. The OP must be high on carbon monoxide.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2016
The boyfriend developed cold feet. It happens, nothing unusual.
Never give up your life for a boyfriend unless you have nothing to lose.

Solution: Start anew and make your life so good that you will not consider giving up on your achievements so easily for a boyfriend. You will become a woman of high value and a man will have to be convinced and convincing for you to even consider changing anything in your life.

Every crisis is a BIG chance.

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by SAMBARRY: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
That's what happens when you leave your dreams and help a man be pursuing his dreams. As soon as he reaches his promise land he'll dump you and replace you immediately. Continue

Next fool undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by TV01(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
OYINBOGOJU:
My boyfriend, really my (supposed) fiancé, made me uproot and move to him only to leave me three weeks later.
These days there is little if any difference between a girlfriend and a fiancé. The difference is between those two and a wife. And he didn't make you uproot, you chose too.

Your mistake was to make the move without marriage, or even without it being in view. You moved as a girlfriend, and like any girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, it can be summarily terminated.

Sorry for your loss and the pain. It must hurt. Learn to make decisions based on clear and commited expectations. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. I hope you draw from this, and go on to have the fulfilling marriage you so obviously desire.

All the best. Wannaweds please take note.

TV

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
TV01:

These days there is little if any difference between a girlfriend and a fiancé. The difference is between those two and a wife. And he didn't make you uproot, you chose too.

Your mistake was to make the move without marriage, or even without it being in view. You moved as a girlfriend, and like any girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, it can be summarily terminated.

Sorry for your loss and the pain. It must hurt. Learn to make decisions based on clear and commited expectations. Learn to take responsibility for your actions. I hope you draw from this, and go on to have the fulfilling marriage you so obviously desire.

All the best. Wannaweds please take note.

TV

This is a very good piece of advice. cheesy Very empathic and empowering. No blames, just understanding. No victimizing but an ode to personal responsibility.

I know you don't care but respect!

Happy New Year TV01, stay blessed!
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by tpiar: 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
This was one of the christmas movies from last year.
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by tpiar: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
RockMaxi:

Me here in Nigeria to advice a bf and gf in America. The OP must be high on carbon monoxide.

are you sure you're in Nigeria.

lord have mercy anyway.
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by CecyAdrian(f): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
kallmemrB:
hahahaha smart lady

Lol
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

Never give up your life for a boyfriend unless you have nothing to lose.

Unforunately the word called LOVE will always overshadow the perfect sence of reasoning.
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 07, 2016
OYINBOGOJU:

Unforunately the word called LOVE will always overshadow the perfect sence of reasoning.

Am not sure if this is love because love feels right. wink
Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by TV01(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

This is a very good piece of advice. cheesy Very empathic and empowering. No blames, just understanding. No victimizing but an ode to personal responsibility.

I know you don't care but respect!

Happy New Year TV01, stay blessed!
HNY Mindfulness...hope it's a great one.

You are right in a sense I suppose cool.

And thank you.

TV
...this does not mark a new dawn or thawing in relations. I will still be looking to rinse or stuff you and your cohort at every opportunity - but you knew that right grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2016
TV01:

HNY Mindfulness...hope it's a great one.

You are right in a sense I suppose cool.

And thank you.

TV
...this does not mark a new dawn or thawing in relations. I will still be looking to rinse or stuff you and your cohort at every opportunity - but you knew that right grin

Thank you!

Whatever makes you happy TV. cheesy wink grin I mean it when I say HAPPY New Year. tongue

1 Like

Re: 'I Moved To Be With My Fiance And He Dumped Me Three Weeks Later' by bennyrazz: 7:36am On Jan 08, 2016
@op, maybe he broke off with you after discovering what he doesn't like about you which he feels he cannot change. Probably you brought him bad luck or bad dreams or spirit husband keeps beating him? trust me, guys are sensitive to that alot. They don't just tell the lady, they tell their fellow guys who advised him to drop you. I'm not a mind reader though, whatever the case might be, all I can say is for you to accept your fate, try and build yourself back up, return to where you came from. Turn to God, look up to Jesus. The thing is, some single women out there don't know they have spiritual problems.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Alaga Ijoko/iduro For Yoruba Couple's To Be / Wife Called Husband "dumb" And The Inlaws :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.