Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,435 members, 7,954,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... (10517 Views)

What Course Would You Study If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School And Why? / Nigerian Institution With The Highest Yahoo Boys / Never Give Up On Your Dream (touching Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2015
No Sir! You cant blame others for the yet-to-happen dreams and aspirations in ur life. You alone are responsible coz if u say it's Over then bro, it's over. If u give up ur dreams then it would not be because of any1 else bro. IT WILL BE JUST BECAUSE OF YOU. So pls, share it with me. What are ur dreams? Let me be that fire of re-ignition... Go on now... Dont be shy

BrightForYou:
Many wishes and dreams that Nigeria has killed. Lord have mercy.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thanks 4 following but I'll really love to share in ur yet-to-accomplish ambitions and big dreams. *smiles*

FINgames:
following
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Hope u've done so Sir. See u at d top. And yeah... See u in d States. While u'll be in either palo alto(stanford) or boston, massachusetts(MIT), I'll be in baltimore(i'm there already as an oncampus scholar- on a travel out/in policy - but will still be there all year long as a neurosurgery resident immediately after my mbbs 2nd degree studies in Nigeria).

haftob:

I'm actually focusing on stanford cos their Energy Resources Engineering program focuses majorly on Petroleum Engineering cos I'm presently doing my undergraduate degree program in Petroleum and gas engineering. I'll try and also find about MIT's program on Energy Resources and see wat they av to offer.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by chyk91(m): 2:04am On Aug 31, 2015
@ super nerd, I am a medical doctor also, finished this year and I am also interested in getting a scholarship to do my masters in the states and ultimately do my residency there..
Can you be of help in getting this scholarship... I will be grateful to read a reply....
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:59am On Aug 31, 2015
Wow! Good to know you're a senior colleague, Sir. It's a real pleasure Sir. And yes, there are a couple of scholarships I know that can take you to the U.S.
Please, What medical research course/field do you have in mind for your Masters? And what specialty interests you as you look ahead to residency? Ever heard of the United States Medical Licencing Examinations(USMLE)?

chyk91:
@ super nerd, I am a medical doctor also, finished this year and I am also interested in getting a scholarship to do my masters in the states and ultimately do my residency there..
Can you be of help in getting this scholarship... I will be grateful to read a reply....
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ok Miss Shizzy7
You wanna talk......
It's right here.........
Just take your time.....
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by shizzy7(f): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ok Miss Shizzy7

You wanna talk......

It's right here.........

Just take your time.....
So I went to one of our national stadiums and told the them that I'm interested in playing tennis professionally the coach I met said I'm too old to start that those who play were groomed from ages 10,11,, he said the only option I have is joining the ITTF league and play independently though I'll have to meet some certain requirements,,,I also tried Yoruba Tennis club,,they said I'll have to pay a membership fee of #350,000,,or I'll have to know someone who is a member then I can play as a guest so now I'll just continue playing for leisure...

Aruna is Toriola's boss but when Aruna retires Toriola will be a good substitute...I think the female tennis team have better players in terms of Quality and quantity than that of the men.. I watched them play during Lagos Open..
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hmmm...... Interesting. But b4 I address the 1st paragraph let me address the second.

Aruna Quadri is actually a young Table tennis star. Segun Toriola is the legend and therefore old but Aruna have displaced him as Nigeria's finest right now. So Aruna still have a lot of years in the game unlike Toriola( former african champ on multiple occasions, fmr commonwealth champ, and experienced olympian. Has super records at all the AAG he attended.)

Ok now, to ur tennis dream................ Miss, you are only 21. And it's not like you don't have some basic skillsets in the game. Well, what are the requirements for the ITTF( is it tennis or table tennis) league? I also believe they allow wildcard slots....... I think the nigerian tennis federation hv details on how to go about securing wildcard slots.

But you're yoruba, why wouldn't the yoruba tennis club apply some leniency just to accomadate u?

And one more thing miss.............. It would be kinda better if I can communicate by phone don't u think. I understand u're conscious of people viewing this conversation, I am too. So lemme take the risk, here's my nigerian line.. +234********** (Just text number to it). I'm in Nigeria rite now. Lagos to be precise. Will travel out soon for my researh scholarship studies(on a travel in/travel out policy) but before then I would return to the East to continue my medical studies as I'm combining studies (academic based and research based).

I got just ONE QUESTION FOR YOU lady, How badly do you wanna be a tennis star?

Ponder it deeply....... Answer that and you'll know that it's not in what people say but in how badly you want it. OR IS THERE ANOTHER PASSION OF YOURS YOU HAVEN'T MENTIONED YET?

((((**Modified** #June2016))))

shizzy7:
So I went to one of our national stadiums and told the them that I'm interested in playing tennis professionally the coach I met said I'm too old to start that those who play were groomed from ages 10,11,, he said the only option I have is joining the ITTF league and play independently though I'll have to meet some certain requirements,,,I also tried Yoruba Tennis club,,they said I'll have to pay a membership fee of #350,000,,or I'll have to know someone who is a member then I can play as a guest so now I'll just continue playing for leisure...

Aruna is Toriola's boss but when Aruna retires Toriola will be a good substitute...I think the female tennis team have better players in terms of Quality and quantity than that of the men.. I watched them play during Lagos Open..
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by shizzy7(f): 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thesupernerd, I going to give you a surprise.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by Caspian22(m): 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Wait as an online student do u just stay at home and recieve lectures from ur lappy
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
Only when I'm on a little holiday like now. But I'm a medical student(2nd degree:mbbs) and a medical graduate(B.sc hons). It's a tasking but flexible research program. So even during school session, I gotta make out time for it.

That's a brief on the online aspect. The on-campus aspect which I got elevated to this year, requires me to travel out whenever I am summoned or contacted by the institution to carry out, take part in or witness live research as part of my research schloarship studies different from my medical studies in Nigeria.

They cover my costs on a balanced travel out/ travel in policy and I will make my first travel soon pending when the official call comes in.

It's really tasking combining both my us-based research studies(online and oncampus) and my nigerian-based medical studies.

Is this what you're curious about or is there more?

Caspian22:
Wait as an online student do u just stay at home and recieve lectures from ur lappy
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by Caspian22(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Only when I'm on a little holiday like now. But I'm a medical student(2nd degree:mbbs) and a medical graduate(B.sc hons). It's a tasking but flexible research program. So even during school session, I gotta make out time for it.

That's a brief on the online aspect. The on-campus aspect which I got elevated to this year, requires me to travel out whenever I am summoned or contacted by the institution to carry out, take part in or witness live research as part of my research schloarship studies different from my medical studies in Nigeria.

They cover my costs on a balanced travel out/ travel in policy and I will make my first travel soon pending when the official call comes in.

It's really tasking combining both my us-based research studies(online and oncampus) and my nigerian-based medical studies.

Is this what you're curious about or is there more?

theres more.. Reply my pm i'll lyk 2 knw u beta.. Netwrkin. I find myself in a similar situation as u wer mayb 2-3yrs ago. Am in Physiology 300lvl COOU.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
I've replied. Check ur mail........ It is collins caspian, isn't is?

Caspian22:

theres more.. Reply my pm i'll lyk 2 knw u beta.. Netwrkin. I find myself in a similar situation as u wer mayb 2-3yrs ago. Am in Physiology 300lvl COOU.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by SaintBJ(m): 6:50am On Oct 11, 2015
@supernerd,just pm you,can you please respond.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by femmykenny: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2015
Gain admission without jamb into 200 level visit www.aboutijmb.com
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
I've responded Sir Saint *smiles* #Acadrelated?

SaintBJ:
@supernerd,just pm you,can you please respond.
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by jaybiz007(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by laplace19(m): 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
jaybiz007:
@TheSuperNerd, I am virtually through with my first degree in civil engineering and by God's grace, I should be graduating with a first whenever the final result is released. The major dilemma I am in right now is should I proceed with my academic pursuit in a foreign university(provided I could secure a scholarship) or seek employment in an engineering firm?
I would be grateful if you could recommend some very good scholarship schemes I may apply for during my NYSC. Thanks in anticipation.
wisehay007@gmail.com

You are not alone, dude. Also looking for good scholarship schemes for my masters. Though I just graduated(civil (Structural engineering)) , but I wish to run my masters in another field probably "Offshore engineering ".
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2015
MIT , UAlberta
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2015
You know what? First of all, Congrats..... And then visit the site www.afterschoolafrica.com for a start.......

There are a lot of scholsrship scheme notifications there................ There are other sites but pls start with this ok.

Meanwhile, I'll add u up by mail since u dropped ur mail add.

All the best and sorry for the late reply.....**smiles**

jaybiz007:
@TheSuperNerd, I am virtually through with my first degree in civil engineering and by God's grace, I should be graduating with a first whenever the final result is released. The major dilemma I am in right now is should I proceed with my academic pursuit in a foreign university(provided I could secure a scholarship) or seek employment in an engineering firm?
I would be grateful if you could recommend some very good scholarship schemes I may apply for during my NYSC. Thanks in anticipation.
wisehay007@gmail.com
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2015
Ok now Sir, I see MIT, U.S.A and I see University of Alberta in canada.

What courses do u have in mind? Are u a graduate or undergrad? What's ur course of study?

*smiles*

Trendyprince:
MIT , UAlberta
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2015
Structural Engineering....... Cooool...... Pls visit the site I gave ur comrade.

Heard of Chevening? Deadline for application is November 3rd.

U should give it a try. *smiles*

laplace19:

You are not alone, dude. Also looking for good scholarship schemes for my masters. Though I just graduated(civil (Structural engineering)) , but I wish to run my masters in another field probably "Offshore engineering ".
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by jaybiz007(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
You know what? First of all, Congrats..... And then visit the site www.afterschoolafrica.com for a start.......

There are a lot of scholsrship scheme notifications there................ There are other sites but pls start with this ok.

Meanwhile, I'll add u up by mail since u dropped ur mail add.

All the best and sorry for the late reply.....**smiles**

Thanks for taking a time out to offer your invaluable suggestions bro. I will bookmark the site. looking forward to more dialogue with you via mail.
Stay safe sir
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by makydebbie(f): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
lalasticlala..why isnt this on fp na!
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lollll..... Maky Honey... Pls dont disturb Lala's siesta.... Lol...

Not every topic must make FP naa.... Lol...

But thanks shaa.. wink

makydebbie:
lalasticlala..why isnt this on fp na!
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by makydebbie(f): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Lollll..... Maky Honey... Pls dont Lala's siesta.... Lol...

Not every topic must make FP naa.... Lol...

But thanks shaa.. wink

lol..this thread is great!..it will enlighten alot of people here..both nlders and guests
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Yeah.... that's what I had in mind and still have in mind. Lol...

Well, I will always keep doing my best anyway I can. At least, people stumble on this thread every once in a while.

wink

Thanks again... I am awed by your feedback. smiley

makydebbie:
lol..this thread is great!..it will enlighten alot of people here..both nlders and guests
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by makydebbie(f): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Yeah.... that's what I had in mind and still have in mind. Lol...

Well, I will always keep doing my best anyway I can. At least, people stumble on this thread every once in a while.

wink

Thanks again... I am awed by your feedback. smiley

you welcome...keep up the good work..*thumbs up*
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Good day supernerd, please reply my mail.... I need to speak with you
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mr Durels... smiley

Sorry, I recently came across your post. I hope to reply mail soon as I have been kinda busy.

So please bear with me... thanks and Godbless.. smiley

durels101:
Good day supernerd, please reply my mail.... I need to speak with you
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Mr Durels... smiley

Sorry, I recently came across your post. I hope to reply mail soon as I have been kinda busy.

So please bear with me... thanks and Godbless.. smiley

Okay.... Thanks
Re: What's Your Dream Institution? If You Had The Chance To Get There... by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Don't thank me yet Mr Durels... smiley

Honestly, I am very selective of mails I reply... same reason I haven't replied several mails from both within and outside NL...

This is apart from the fact that I am almost always busy with few days or weeks of exceptions though. smiley

durels101:
Okay.... Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU To Meet FG Again On Strike / Photo: See This Shocking Provision List Of A 100 Level Nigerian Student / Application For Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Accreditation (For Lawyers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.