Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade (1059 Views)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / Angry Nigerians Blast Bayo Onanuga Over Insensitive Post / Barnabas Gemade Pictured Sleeping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 6:31am On May 27, 2015
A former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Barnabas Gemade, has described governors elected under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party as a band of reckless and insensitive people.He accused the governors of engaging in frivolous expenditure while the people they were elected to govern were suffering untold deprivation.Gemade spoke in Jos on Tuesday at a public lecture organised by friends of the Governor-elect of Plateau State, Mr. Simon Lalong, as part of activities marking the transition programme.He expressed gratitude to Nigerians and particular the people of Plateau State for voting out what he described as an uncaring government.The former PDP chairman, who is now a senator-elect under the platform of the All Progressives Congress, who was represented by Mr. Ben Gwarzo, said that while they failed to pay salaries to workers, the PDP governors also looked the other way as marauders masquerading as herdsmen were killing people with reckless abandon.He said, “Governors elected under the PDP were very reckless and uncaring and while they embark on frivolous expenditure, they left civil servants with months of unpaid salaries. I am happy that the people of Nigeria and Plateau State voted out uncaring and insensitive governments both at the national and state levels.”A guest speaker, Mr. Haroun Audu, decried what he described as the insensitivity of the Jonah Jang-led administration that, he claimed had thrown the people into living in apartheid-like habitation.He said that one of the challenges of the incoming administration would be how to bring back the glory of the state, especially the one envisaged by the founding fathers led by the late Joseph Gomwalk.He said that what Plateau State had witnessed in the last eight years was discrimination in all areas of life, including implementation of projects, adding that even the personal disposition of the governor was divisive.Audu said, “I however argue and maintain that the personal disposition of leadership and here I speak of the governing authority led by the governor represents a vital component in advancing and sustaining community confidence in any peace process.“In a situation where the private and public body language of the leader oozes discrimination in speech and conduct; where a leader is plainly biased in his choice of public project interventions and where he or she brazenly displays an arrogant disdain for the faith and /or ethnic origin of other people, then I am afraid and not too sure that the societal peace, harmony and the expected restoration of intercommunity relationship will take root.”Speaking on ‘Plateau State Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow,’ he urged the incoming administration “to embrace all irrespective of class, ethnic or religious affiliation and to ensure that it intervenes in health, education, environment and infrastructure.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-governors-reckless-insensitive-gemade/
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by madridguy(m): 6:31am On May 27, 2015
Ok
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by sigmundfreud(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2015
So he just woke up after 16 years? People be making comments to blame a machinery they were part of.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 6:41am On May 27, 2015
Osun,Oyo,Nassarawa,Kano, na PDP states,liers deceiving gullible Nigeria since 1866AD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 6:42am On May 27, 2015
sigmundfreud:
So he just woke up after 16 years? People be making comments to blame a machinery they were part of.

That is Nigeria for you

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by PassingShot(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2015
CC Dearpreye, Whynotthetruth, Barcanista, Mogidi
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Spaxon(f): 6:48am On May 27, 2015
couldn't read the whole piece summary please.. or am just his to book space
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Spaxon(f): 6:54am On May 27, 2015
couldn't read the whole piece summary please.. or am just hia to book space
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by politricks: 6:54am On May 27, 2015
Tell them
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Nobody: 7:00am On May 27, 2015
Ok.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by sholatech(m): 7:03am On May 27, 2015
Gemade was pdp leader in his state up till the pdp primaries where he lost the ticket to Suswan and then decamped to APC. And also means while he was pdp chairman he couldnt control his Governors? Damn politicians!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by horlabiyi(m): 7:11am On May 27, 2015
Were you not a leader in that same party before you lost in the primaries then jump into another ship (APC) this is hypocrisy of the highest order. Osun,Oyo,Rivers these are APC states owing the their workers (6,4,7) months salary even with what they all got from the excess cruel oil account from 2011-2014. What do you have to say about that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Nobody: 7:11am On May 27, 2015
Imagine a man that was part of the. Rot,forming Holy,all because he decamped to APC..

Nigeria politicians are clowns in their attitudes,no wonder they feel Nigeria is "AY show".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Nobody: 7:17am On May 27, 2015
What did he do about it when he was in the pdp?

Just because he joined APC overnight he now feels like a saint.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by drtwist(m): 7:23am On May 27, 2015
imagine pot calling kettle black. The worst thing is that he was even A PDP strong member by december, na he has been rebranded to a saint by APC. For how long will they keep taking us to be fool

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by focus7: 7:23am On May 27, 2015
This coming from a former chairman of a disastrous party has got a lot to prove about the party.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by SFSNIPER(m): 7:23am On May 27, 2015
Babana
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 7:58am On May 27, 2015
focus7:
This coming from a former chairman of a disastrous party has got a lot to prove about the party.
Nigerian systematic destruction of others;few months ago he was still part of PDP........Same men,new party
Cc ishilove lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:

What did he drink to be making this kinda of statement?

***Didn't he remember AreGBESE of Osun state?
***Or Rochas of Imo state who has bankrupted his state and made them insolvent?
***Or Bagudu of Kebbi state; who is the looting or magic arm of Abacha?
***Or Shettima of Borno state who dines even on the blood of his own?
***Or Fashola that has won award for most inflated contracts and taking loans on projects with no date of delivery in view?
***Or Amosun; that keeps making withdrawal from salaries of poor workers with no trace to where its kept?
***Or Kwara state that's being underdeveloped and squeezed into a private cum family property?
***Or Nasarawa state with high rate of ethnic intolerance and pogrom?...

APC is the definition and reincarnation of everything wrong with Nigeria since 1978 till date in terms of leadership and human resources...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Nobody: 8:18am On May 27, 2015
PassingShot:
Is it the same fraud called Germade that I know? Can you tell us "why he defected to APC?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Chiaka(f): 8:25am On May 27, 2015
What about Akpabio! working and showing results. APC government are said to be the ones owing most and leaving dept behind for their predecessors grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by PassingShot(m): 8:33am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
Is it the same fraud called Germade that I know? Can you tell us "why he defected to APC?"
My point is not why he defected. So, don't derail from the thread.

What is your take on his allegations? Remember he saw "all" while in PDP and he knows what he says.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Nobody: 8:45am On May 27, 2015
He did not "see" anything, rather he participated fully in everything pdp durink the dark days of the party and moved en mass with his fellow destroyers to APC. As for his nonsense, I'd have taken him serious if no APC state was owing salaries and IF Fulani rearers didn't run their madness unabated during George Akume's tenure. In asmuch as I don't like Suswam or some PDP elements, I can't accept their worse version like those in APC.
PassingShot:

My point is not why he defected. So, don't derail from the thread.

What is your take on his allegations? Remember he saw "all" while in PDP and he knows what he says.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by BrokenTV: 9:05am On May 27, 2015
This is my problem not just with Gemade, but with APC as a whole they tend to paint a picture of themselves as saint and others as sinners. The biggest evil facing Nigeria is APC.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by PassingShot(m): 9:07am On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
He did not "see" anything, rather he participated fully in everything pdp durink the dark days of the party and moved en mass with his fellow destroyers to APC. As for his nonsense, I'd have taken him serious if no APC state was owing salaries and IF Fulani rearers didn't run their madness unabated during George Akume's tenure. In asmuch as I don't like Suswam or some PDP elements, I can't accept their worse version like those in APC.
You always amuse me. So, all PDP destroyers are now in APC bah? And PDP dark days are over now, right?

Why not approach politics with the view that all parties have the good, the bad and the ugly? And it is how each party allows the party structures and the rule of law to guide its actions that defines the party. This is what PDP failed to realize and this is where you keep miss the point.
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 10:11am On May 27, 2015
BrokenTV:
This is my problem not just with Gemade, but with APC as a whole they tend to paint a picture of themselves as saint and others as sinners. The biggest evil facing Nigeria is APC.
Nigerians will know the Truth very soon;same men in the newly formed party
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by baybeeboi: 10:57am On May 27, 2015
ok
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 11:26am On May 27, 2015
Omooba77:

Nigerian systematic destruction of others;few months ago he was still part of PDP........Same men,new party
Cc ishilove lalasticlala
smiley
Re: PDP Governors Reckless, Insensitive – Gemade by Omooba77: 2:48pm On May 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

What did he drink to be making this kinda of statement?

***Didn't he remember AreGBESE of Osun state?
***Or Rochas of Imo state who has bankrupted his state and made them insolvent?
***Or Bagudu of Kebbi state; who is the looting or magic arm of Abacha?
***Or Shettima of Borno state who dines even on the blood of his own?
***Or Fashola that has won award for most inflated contracts and taking loans on projects with no date of delivery in view?
***Or Amosun; that keeps making withdrawal from salaries of poor workers with no trace to where its kept?
***Or Kwara state that's being underdeveloped and squeezed into a private cum family property?
***Or Nasarawa state with high rate of ethnic intolerance and pogrom?...

APC is the definition and reincarnation of everything wrong with Nigeria since 1978 till date in terms of leadership and human resources...
God bless you for this comment;many of us are gullible and hardly think. God will have mercy on us.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Annual Salary / PDP Chieftain Condoles With Goodluck Jonathan Over Son’s Death / EFCC: What Of T. A. Orji?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.