Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Help Needed Please . . . . . - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Needed Please . . . . . (1738 Views)

Urgent Help On How To prepare Moi Moi needed please!!! / Recipe For Kunu Needed Please. / Maggi Recipe Book Needed Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2009
For a wedding capacity of around 500 people; how much do you guys think i would be quoted (on an average). Dishes will include traditional soups with accompaniments, jollof and fried rice, salad, and finger food.

I wanna know what rates to expect. If you have had a wedding please (if its not a bother) tell me how much you paid for it.

Any info will be appreciated. Even if its numbers. Many thanks.
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by SHENANIGAN(m): 12:02am On Feb 14, 2009
Don't mean to be nosey, but where you are having the wedding should count right? are you having it in London or Nigeria.
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:15am On Feb 14, 2009
Nah; you not nosey. lol!, It's going to be in Nigeria, Lagos.
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by ifyalways(f): 9:32pm On Feb 14, 2009
Naja Haje weds Madamkoko  tongue
Naja it all boils down to you or the couple undecided.what u want for yourself and the guests and how much you are willing and ready to spend .Mr A can do it with 50k,Mr B can likewise do it for 500k or even 5mil,so my dear,i wud say,get a good wedding planner,tell them what u want and how much you are ready to spend and i bet u,u are all good.
welcome to the married world and congrats jare  tongue grin kiss
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Gamine(f): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2009
Seriously,

It depends on where you are having this wedding and how you want it delivered.

The range is pretty wide, just check out things yourself

nobody is in your mind o
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2009
@ify

who is madamkoko? lol . . . someone's called that twice already and am a lil confused.

I dont want to use a wedding planner cos I want to enjoy planning it all myself. I know its gonna be stressful but life is stressful anyways shey? cheesy

5mil to feed? lmfao . . . . . priorities!!!!!!!! has that really happened?

@Ify and Gamine

Well for 500 peeps max; i budgeted N550,000. am getting quotes for N1500 per head. Does this sound about right to you guys?

Also do you know of anyone who can help me out? Phone numbers will be great grin
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by ifyalways(f): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2009
soups,fried and jollof rice,salad and finger food for 500 in lagos. . . . .i wud suggest u make it N600k undecided Though 550K is still OK.
sadly,i dont know anyone in lagos to help out.LOL
dont stress yourself too much dear,u dont want to crash-out at the reception or while doing the couples first dance tongue
all da best and congrats .
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Hauwa1: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2009
it is just for the 500 fine cool. but are the 500 going to come with family, friends curcubines etc? if so budget for more. or be strict only by invitation and get a bouncer to check out cards lol you know naija thing.

are you looking for someone as in how? cateerer, cook, local planner? i knew someone but just dont know what you are looking for.

congrat!! make sure you talk to your mama for idea. she will have good idea of local price of things.
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

it is just for the 500 fine cool. but are the 500 going to come with family, friends curcubines etc?
we're talking 'bout Nigerians here. When they say 500 ppl, a thousand will show up.

Friend, friend's friends, co-worker, date, boyfriend's family, etc.

Whatever happened to a small church wedding?
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Gamine(f): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2009
I would get you a number Naje
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2009
Thanks you guys  . . . . . . am really grateful!!!!!!

Ify thats the reason why am doing the work now so that when it's time for the wedding I'll have next to nothing to do.  cheesy (tho i might just laugh if i passed out the reception . . .  hehehehehehehehehe)

@Heatfusion and Hauwa

I really want it to be 500 max. Wedding is a personal and intimate thing but i know its Naija after-all. Most of my friends are not in naija so that means a lot of people i may not know will show up. So i think am being very generous with 500. My HTB wants it done by invitation only. I just hope this is practical in Naija.

Am looking for a caterer. shey they are cooks as well or do they outsource to other people?

@Gamine

Thank you darling cheesy
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by nikkygal(f): 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
@ Naja Haje

There are 2 ways most people deal with caterers: Its either you deal with them on a per-head/plate basis or you tell them you will provide the basic food stuff (not all but stuff like rice, veg.oil & cow) while they do the cooking & stuff,

Both options are ok but i guess some pple choose option 2 because caterers are fond of saying that 'food is finished' or 'meat has finished' after serving about 60-70% of the guests & thereby leaving much to be desired.So by providing them with the stuff you bought, you can to some extent control the size of the cooking so as to avoid disappointments. Some folks even maintain that the caterers cook in their compound (if they have space) or in a designated place with adequate facilities for that purpose,

The good thing about option 1 is that it takes the stress off you totally but its better you deal with a caterer you've got a personal r/ship that is honest & won't disappoint your guests since she has to take full responsibility for the food. I think most of them charge between 1000 - 1500 now though i feel you should negotiate to about 1,200 max.

The finger foods is on a different level as it depends on the type of small chops you want to make up a plate. Think it usually ranges between 200 - 500 per plate.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
@Nikky

Fabulous!!!!!! I like the breakdown. I love it. Thanks so much. kiss
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Gamine(f): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2009
You can visit this site,

http://cookscornerestaurant.com/aboutus.html

or call,

01-7228047, 08039213715, Hepzibah caterers

08033596599, 01- 7735067, Debbys Place

08036690124, Kings Caterers
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2009
@Gamine

Mehnnn You are great. Many plenty thanks babe kiss
Re: Help Needed Please . . . . . by Gamine(f): 11:38pm On Feb 18, 2009
Yous Welcome. . smiley

(1) (Reply)

Children Of 80's And 90's Will Understand This. / How To Cook World Class Nigerian Plantain Pottage That's Delicious And Healthy T / Buy A Brand New Dolphin Massager 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.