Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY (1048 Views)

Ipob Sit At Home Protest Fails Woefully In Imo State / Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader / APC Retreat For House Of Representatives Members-Elect (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by talktimi(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2015
By Levinus Nwabughiogu
ABUJA – Bid to garner massive endorsement of Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila’s candidacy for the Speakership of the House of Representatives using the 2015 retreat of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Abuja failed woefully yesterday.

Vanguard gathered that many new members who came for the retreat kicked against the endorsement.

Consequently, it was learnt that they were asked to vacate their rooms in the hotel they were lodged for the event immediately the Programme ended.

The bills for the hotel rooms, Vanguard learnt were footed by an influential chieftain of the party from the south west.

According to a source, the plan was to replicate the event of last Saturday at the APC Senators-elect in Abuja where Senators Ahmed Lawan and George Akume were endorsed for senate president and deputy respectively.

A member-elect of the House from Bauchi state Hon. Halliru D. Jika (Darazo/Ganjuwa Federal Constituency) told journalists that he came to Abuja from Bauchi for the retreat and was billed to return home on Wednesday (today), but was shocked when he was asked by the hotel management to vacate his room.

“I am shocked that after the retreat ended by 6pm, i went back to my room only to be told to vacate,” Jika said..

Jika, a former speaker of Bauchi state House of Assembly said surprised that that kind of treatment was meted out to them.

“They lodged us without even complimentary breakfast and members are stranded now. What have we done to warrant this from our party leaders?”, he queried

Earlier in the morning just before the retreat got underway, a hitherto contender of the house speakership, Hon. Mohammed Mongonu held a press conference in the Amaechi Hall of Rock View Hotel( Royal), venue of the retreat where he announced his withdrawal from the race for Gbajabiamaila.

He however declared interest in the deputy speakership, saying he was running on a joint ticket with Gbajabiamila.

Members who were at the conference left the room with cap souvenirs which canvassed support for Gbajabiamila.

But they were immediately asked to remove them when they got into the main hall where the retreat was holding.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/apc-retreat-plot-to-endorse-gbajabiamila-as-reps-speakership-failed/
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by Mogidi: 9:19am On May 27, 2015
The bills for the hotel rooms, Vanguard learnt were footed by an [size=13pt]influential chieftain[/size] of the party from the south west.

His name starts with "T" or "C" if your preferred name for him is Mr Corruption.

2 Likes

Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by Nobody: 9:25am On May 27, 2015

All I see is same modus operandi with PDP. I'm still waiting to see an iota of change yet because it's same old soldiers been rotated.

Saraki's dynasty is leading him to the 3rd position in the nation. Dino melaye, El rufia, too many to mention. Was the change just about hatred for Jonathan rather than love for Buhari?

Very soon we will realise that quenching another man's candle will not make our own shine any brighter.

3 Likes

Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by Babacele: 9:45am On May 27, 2015
story, story.
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:55am On May 27, 2015
The contest is on the 6th of June. That's when the winner of this battle will be known
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by talktimi(m): 10:34am On May 27, 2015
APC = same old shiţ grin
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by Bayswater: 10:43am On May 27, 2015
I still dey laugh in my little corner. A pounded yam of 4 years can still do some damage to the fingers. The APC can like to pretend they have forgotten their bad deeds, they would be given a dose of their medicine.

2 Likes

Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by baybeeboi: 10:46am On May 27, 2015
okay
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by PedroJP(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2015
Interesting. Thought they are bringing democracy or is this an upgraded version ?
Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by talktimi(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2015
PedroJP:
Interesting. Thought they are bringing democracy or is this an upgraded version ?
the APC have absolutely no idea what democracy means

1 Like

Re: APC Retreat; Plot To Endorse Gbajabiamila As Reps Speaker Fails WOEFULLY by merry02(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2015
HE who preaches equality must come wif clean hand....better days ahead

(1) (Reply)

Ebun Adegboruwa's One Of Fashola's Biggest Critic Has This To Say About Him..... / Ambode Reads Riot Act To Lastma, Kai / Will I Ever Find The Woman Of My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.