Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully (9471 Views)

12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by nwadiuko1(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2015
And learn to ignore tantrums from other drivers....just stay focused or they l confuse you.....especially in super busy places like lagos , Aba, ph etc
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 29, 2015
Lol, horn before u overtake is very important irrespective of the car in front of u. Horn is very important as it makes other drivers to be alert.
I once drove a car without a horn and that dey I took my mind off overtaking in a sharp corner and also on a service lane.
quote author=youngpol post=34138287]This reminds me offer a post where the poster said: horn when you want to overtake, horn as a sign of greeting, horn when you are happy, horn everytime..

Nigeria.. Smh[/quote]
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by r33d(m): 4:48pm On May 29, 2015
Copy copy FRSC angry where person go see airfield wey dem no dey use again abi na icy roads angry

1 Like

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by free2ryhme: 6:16pm On May 29, 2015
vimi:
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), has released ten tips that would help Nigerians to improve their driving skills and operate more successfully.
The guide ends with a warm message, which reads: “Thank for staying with us. We love you all.”

Study carefully. These tips might safe your life one day!

STEP ONE

If you have access to vehicles of different makes and models, switch them often. This way you’ll be working on driving as a whole, not on driving a specific car.

STEP TWO

Find a training lot. A disused airfield is the best idea, because it has long straight stretches (the runway), corners (turn way to runway entrance) and wide open spaces (the area in front of the hangars). If you are not so lucky as to have a disused airfield nearby, you may look for these three things separately. You may use abandoned country roads and disused parking lots that measure at least 50 by 50 feet.

STEP THREE

When you practice, focus not on the driving itself, but on feeling the behaviour of the vehicle. This includes lateral stability, acceleration, braking distance, etc. When you learn how to feel the vehicle, you’ll be able to drive anything at its verge.

STEP FOUR

Think of any hypothetical situation you may encounter, e.g flat tire, high-speed under-/over steer, pursuit driving, etc. Think what you must do in that particular case, then get in the car and do it. Make a note of your weak points and work to improve them.

STEP FIVE

Handbrake turning is not only for showing off. It’s the best way to correct high-speed under steer. It’s also useful on icy roads. It gives you confidence on rough road.
[i]

STEP SIX

Practice emergency stopping. If your car has ABS, disable it when you practice.

STEP SEVEN

Identify each dangerous situation when you drive and remember it. Then, when you have the time, think of what you could’ve done better and practice the preventive measures and maneuvers.

STEP EIGHT

Learn to drive backwards using only the side view mirrors. Once you get the knack of it, it’s one of the most useful skills a driver can have.

STEP NINE

Practice emergency in-turn braking. Do it in a wide empty space, not on the road.
[i]

STEP TEN

Test the brakes soon after you start down the road.

http://www.naij.com/447227-frsc-advises-nigerians-on-how-to-drive-successfully.html

Why not teach your men how not to extort innocent drivers on the road

And besides when has your men stopped a tanker driver without license before
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Onegai(f): 6:43pm On May 29, 2015
about 5 years ago, one of the regional FRSC officers told me "you ladies should always wear seatbelt because you know that thing you carry on your chest, it can burst if it hits the dashboard".

grin grin cheesy

I don't think most FRSC men know good driving rules. And this copy-and-paste they just released (icy roads? abandoned airfields?? ) just prove their worthlessness.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by themanderon: 7:28pm On May 29, 2015
Imanuelle:

So FRSC is also doing copy and paste, or where do we find a non functional airport in Nigeria when the ones we are managing are supposed to be car crash testing sites?

Abi oh I thought I was the only one that noticed the anomaly, where do we have icy roads in naija?

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 29, 2015
Imanuelle:

So FRSC is also doing copy and paste, or where do we find a non functional airport in Nigeria when the ones we are managing are supposed to be car crash testing sites?

Must uu fall ma hand iin public? Eh?
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by SWG1: 10:03pm On May 29, 2015
elohorayodele:
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

I remember that inscription on my t-shirt back in the days, but i am yet to get the idea.

How can road safety copy and paste without reading. How many drivers (even FRSC) know about understeer, oversteer and handbrakes in ice to drift vehicles.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by madgoat(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2015
elohorayodele:
why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?

grin grin grin
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 29, 2015
vimi:

Must uu fall ma hand iin public? Eh?

Sorry sir.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by jenti: 10:56pm On May 29, 2015
I hope this Corp will know change has come
The level of corruption on our roads is worrisome particularly commercial vechiles.
You need to change
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by Nobody: 5:46am On May 30, 2015
vimi:
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), has released ten tips that would help Nigerians to improve their driving skills and operate more successfully.
The guide ends with a warm message, which reads: “Thank for staying with us. We love you all.”

Study carefully. These tips might safe your life one day!

STEP ONE

If you have access to vehicles of different makes and models, switch them often. This way you’ll be working on driving as a whole, not on driving a specific car.

STEP TWO

Find a training lot. A disused airfield is the best idea, because it has long straight stretches (the runway), corners (turn way to runway entrance) and wide open spaces (the area in front of the hangars). If you are not so lucky as to have a disused airfield nearby, you may look for these three things separately. You may use abandoned country roads and disused parking lots that measure at least 50 by 50 feet.

STEP THREE

When you practice, focus not on the driving itself, but on feeling the behaviour of the vehicle. This includes lateral stability, acceleration, braking distance, etc. When you learn how to feel the vehicle, you’ll be able to drive anything at its verge.

STEP FOUR

Think of any hypothetical situation you may encounter, e.g flat tire, high-speed under-/over steer, pursuit driving, etc. Think what you must do in that particular case, then get in the car and do it. Make a note of your weak points and work to improve them.

STEP FIVE

Handbrake turning is not only for showing off. It’s the best way to correct high-speed under steer. It’s also useful on[b] icy roads[/b]. It gives you confidence on rough road.
[i]

STEP SIX

Practice emergency stopping. If your car has ABS, disable it when you practice.

STEP SEVEN

Identify each dangerous situation when you drive and remember it. Then, when you have the time, think of what you could’ve done better and practice the preventive measures and maneuvers.

STEP EIGHT

Learn to drive backwards using only the side view mirrors. Once you get the knack of it, it’s one of the most useful skills a driver can have.

STEP NINE

Practice emergency in-turn braking. Do it in a wide empty space, not on the road.
[i]

STEP TEN

Test the brakes soon after you start down the road.

http://www.naij.com/447227-frsc-advises-nigerians-on-how-to-drive-successfully.html

hmmm..Icy road in Nigeria....copy and paste thingz.
Re: FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully by plendil: 9:29pm On May 30, 2015
STEP EIGHT

Good advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Man With 7,000 Luxurious Cars(sultan Of Brunei) / 6 Expressions Of A Failing Alternator / How Well Do You Park Your Vehicles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.