Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn (19116 Views)

Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) / Aero Contractors Airlines Nigeria Suspends Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by misterjosh(m): 3:49pm On May 27, 2015
ylaa:
IS IT EASY TO VOMIT A DELICIOUS MEAL THAT WAS EATEN? THIS MAN IS A JOKER. HE SHOULD BETTER LOOK FOR ANOTHER MONEY AND NEW CONTRACTORS. DAZ ALL.
shoro niyen undecided
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by watchindelta(m): 3:53pm On May 27, 2015
even NEPA are taking money 4 services not rendering to d citizens of Nigerians! federal government u n ur thieves beta refund our money back too. if Nah me I will never refund any kobo back to corrupt government Nah witch. yeye
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Firefire(m): 3:55pm On May 27, 2015
Sick nation, where is the doctor ? angry
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by kritikali(m): 3:56pm On May 27, 2015
Back2Bust:
This is a reminder to all it may
concern. they said they were
going to crush Biafra in 3 days
but it didn't happen the way they
expected and they were
surprised. a nation couldn't
conquer a little region in 3 years
with all the support they got from
Britain, Russia. God was with
Biafra. just like Gen. Ojukwu said
" no power in black Africa can
subdue Biafra" and it is true. Our
fathers staked their lives for our
freedom and now it is our time to
make this a reality with the help
of GOD. Let us Arise, and posses
that which is Ours. Biafra shall
live and not die. the time is now.
don't give up the fight. All the
external enemies couldn't crush
Biafra. Long Live Biafra. Freedom
has come. GOD is with us..

U fell god's hand wen u said he was with biafra, he must ve really dissapointed you. Bunch of losers. Mind you Nigeria was on a 3year killing spree of fckin biafrans, it wasn't a war. No part of NIG was affected physically or even economically. We will let you go in 100years time. Keep calm.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Topmost2015(m): 3:57pm On May 27, 2015
If this is actually coming from Aviation Minister, trust he's sending this from outside the country. You gave 17.6Billion and claimed the wor was not properly done in some places? Trust when you built your house in the village you didn''t give the contractor full money before they start work. 17.6Billion naira Thunder fire you so called Ministers.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 27, 2015
Wow this is wonderful and a testament the Goodluck Jonathan and his Aviation team mean business. Well done Chidoka.

@Children of Anger: learn to give honor to whom it is due. Some of you jokers are abusing Chidoka and GEJ for doing what is commendable, while some clowns are crediting Alhaji buhari for nothing.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2015
Thank God 4 change, so this mess wud av continued henhen?
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Elmasu: 4:03pm On May 27, 2015
Ike Road safety(frsc)
Ike Aviation
Ike Free and fair recruitment
Ike integrity
Ike Obosi inwere ako na uche
Ike Anambra state
Very Handsome and Rich...
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by mrmetoo1: 4:09pm On May 27, 2015
barcanista:
Wow this is wonderful and a testament the Goodluck Jonathan and his Aviation team mean business. Well done Chidoka.

@Children of Anger: learn to give honor to whom it is due. Some of you jokers are abusing Chidoka and GEJ for doing what is commendable, while some clowns are crediting Alhaji buhari for nothing.

Mr lover lover!! Number one lover of politicians. Please show where the intention of this was to abuse the aviation minister. Tell me the reason your lover and protector Jonathan pushed this to us as one of his glorious transformation or he didn't know they didn't use the money back then??

Unlike you no one cares about giving any man praises or insulting them for no reason. Most of us just seek a better nation and the more of these scams that are exposed the better for this country. You can try your best but you can't separate Jonathan from corruption, it all happened under his watch. With the airports, he approved of it because that was supposed to be one of their main achievements.

P.S. - Seriously why's this in the travel section, what does this have to do with travel?? Why's Akpabio's hotel thread not under hospitality or properties. Someone just exposed fraud in our government and one of you guys decided to hide it in travel. Corruption at all levels not only in govt, so sad

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2015
This is an indictment on Stella Oduah.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by farem: 4:19pm On May 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
The federal government has ordered contractors handling airport remodeling projects but failed to deliver, to return funds collected back to government coffers.

Aviation minister, Chief Osita Chidoka, gave the directive on Tuesday, while presenting his scorecard as aviation minister in the last eight months.

According to Chidoka, many of the contractors had nothing to show for the mobilisation funds and other contract funds they had already collected, and they must, therefore, refund the monies, adding that in some cases, the quality of job done was very poor while in other cases they were uncompleted.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/05/27/fg-orders-airport-remodelling-contractors-to-return-n17-6bn/

AND THIS HAPPENED WHERE THAT MORIBUND WORLD BANK DAMAGING DIRECTRESS HOLDS SWAY?

Those who are STILL supporting GEJ have something worse than Ebola invaded their medulla

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Akiika: 4:20pm On May 27, 2015
Ah ah! another achievement of s-hero Jonathan. But, the contractors will also reveal the percentage of the contract money that went back to Government official as kick backs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by demandtruth: 4:21pm On May 27, 2015
That MMA is so very bad. How could a re-model airport looks far worse
compared to what it used to be before the whole 419 remodelling?

I remember very well when some idiotas come on this NL showing
beautiful pictures of the airports. People like Rosiki, PapaBrowne, etc

I travel and use that airport real time. Those involved should be shot
Everything about the woman- Stella Oduah- is all scam; scam i say.

It's very disheartening to see that airport every time compared to some
smaller countries airport.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by JingoOAU(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2015
misterjosh:
Pls Ibadan airport is it local or international...? I neva even knew dat airport was still operational.

It's very much operational....its a local and cargo airport

Arik and Overland flies there daily minus some private jets flying into the airport everyday

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Popemax(m): 4:38pm On May 27, 2015
On hearing dis news d contractor fainted

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by DPSparrow(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
It's all slowly coming out. When some of us were arguing that the transformation agenda some folks were trying to sell to us was a scam others said it was because we hated their politicians. You spend billions on a building and air conditioners don't work, toilets are flooded, roofs leaking, the whole place still looks shabby. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know we were scammed but lovers of politicians instead of lovers of the country said we didn't know what we were saying

I need the Facebook page of Ben murray Bruce... Help me out guys.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by mbulela: 4:42pm On May 27, 2015
I hope whoever was given the contract for Ph international airport is among the list of those to refund?
That scam of a project is disgusting.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by mrmetoo1: 4:48pm On May 27, 2015
DPSparrow:

I need the Facebook page of Ben murray Bruce... Help me out guys.

I think that's the link before

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Murray-Bruce/279327892264929?__nodl
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 27, 2015
The fear of GMB is the beginning......... shocked

The no-nonsense Presidential tenure is fast loading >>>>>>>> 98.2%> |

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by kolokolobi(m): 5:19pm On May 27, 2015
Well coming through international wing abuja is dirty. What does it take for chillers to cool the place. The chillers were blowing hot air. Did you see the dirty fans at passport control...The toilet there is an eyesore.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Nuzo1(m): 5:21pm On May 27, 2015
I feel disappointed today...so disappointed that tears rolled down my eyes!

But before I tell you guys the reasons for my disappointment, I will give you a little insight on my candid observation on the Nigerian polity.

Since when I became very active on this forum in early 2007, I've tried as much as I can to be very objective in my views, analysis and assessments regarding issues raised here...especially Nigerian politics, ethnicity and religion.

I've tried to maintain that "objectivity" till date. But I must confess I was shocked the way president Jonathan was treated when his predecessor; pres Yaradua fell sick and eventually died.
Since then, the politics of ethnicity and religion became the order of the day.

Buhari established that line of politics by avoiding south east and south south zones during his presidential campaigns with the exception of Port Harcourt. He also went further to ask that muslim vote muslim while other adherents should do same for their respective brethren. He also enjoys keeping quiet or as some people would say he sympathizes with religious murdering fanatics.

Don't get me wrong, I know this sentimental politics didn't start with Buhari...but its very clear he established it. It was even evident during his era as head of state.

Nuhu Ribadu is not a perfect guy, but he seems to be my best choice among all the line up of all the so-called leaders...including GEJ, Akpabio, Tinubu, Fashola, Chime and Buhari. He beats them any day in my book.
Problem is that Ribadu is not salable to the gullible and corrupt Nigerian populace for obvious reasons. And that makes me pitch my tent to the easier devil to deal with....Goodluck Jonathan!

Recently, there's been so much talk about Ms Oduah; the aviation minister. I feel very indifferent or should I say comfused about her persecution in the media mostly by a section of people and the other section in her defence.
Its an outright disregard for due process, ethics and respect for Nigerians and her office to approve such a huge amount of money for 2 units of bulletproof vehicles. Its a clear case of fraud! Now, they can't even find the receipts for the purchase.

On the other side, they are worried there's NO much talk about the money the Governor of Lagos state spent in purchasing the same unit of vehicle for twice the amount Oduo used. This section even argued that her predecessors; especially Fani Kayode was never harassed even after about 20 billion Naira aviation fund disappeared into thin air.
They went further to argue that she's been hunted for stopping some illegal deals in the industry, refurbishing the airports and upgrading the Enugu airport to international status.

These 2 groups have valid arguments but I think its about time GEJ relieve her of her duty and allow her to be properly prosecuted! She's not as innocent as we think.

Now, as I said in my first statement, I felt so disappointed after using the international airport today. It was a complete mess!

I've been opportune to travel through local and international airports in China, Hong Kong, Qatar, UAE and Australia so I know first hand what its like to have a quality and lasting structure. I'm sure Odua has been to these places and more.

For the fact that most Nigerians are okay with mediocrity or just about average, I won't compare these airports to what I saw in Enugu today, rather I would soft pedal by comparing the Enugu airport to the streets in these countries. Unfortunately, it still doesn't come close.

Enugu international airport has come to stay...but the rehabilitated structure is a sham, a ponzi scheme and a BIG FRAUD!
The quality of materials (interlocking, slabs, chairs, windows, glass and restrooms) and quality of finishing were all shabby, substandard and unprofessional! It will all fall apart in the next 1 year. I give it 6 months without maintainance.

Its clear the opposition are very good in hijacking issues like this and using it for their political gains...but Nigerians must learn to draw the lines. Odua is a big time fraud and must GO!

Igbo women are arguably the most hard working and least corrupt group of Nigerians but Odua is one in a hundred that keeps pulling this group backward.

https://www.nairaland.com/1495965/wept-rehabilitated-enugu-airport

This was my observation of the scam airports in 2013.
I was insulted by the some APC and PDP loyalists.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by femi4: 5:23pm On May 27, 2015
drizzydrag:
The fear of PMB is d beginning of wisdom...

Please, I need help. I cant create new topic since early hour of today. Anytime I tried, it keeps telling me "Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed".What can I do to resolve d issue?

Cc Seun... lalasticala
change your network
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Habidab: 5:28pm On May 27, 2015
Everyone don dey return their money when they know that Sai Baba no go take am easy with them grin grin grin
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by onyiloyi(m): 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
ylaa:
IS IT EASY TO VOMIT A DELICIOUS MEAL THAT WAS EATEN? THIS MAN IS A JOKER. HE SHOULD BETTER LOOK FOR ANOTHER MONEY AND NEW CONTRACTORS. DAZ ALL.
if d meal was stolen d owner can force u to vomit it
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by mbulela: 6:07pm On May 27, 2015
Nuzo1:

https://www.nairaland.com/1495965/wept-rehabilitated-enugu-airport

This was my observation of the scam airports in 2013.
I was insulted by the some APC and PDP loyalists.
You were not the only one to voice it. The airport projects was one big scam. Same woman has now been sent to Senate.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by kritikali(m): 8:01pm On May 27, 2015
Back2Bust:

hahaha. Yorubas are foolish slaves that can't fight. we are ready for you guys..

Idiot am Vietnamese nigerian.
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by kritikali(m): 8:37pm On May 27, 2015
Back2Bust:

story for d gods

F*k you
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by susanokopi(f): 9:18pm On May 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
It's all slowly coming out. When some of us were arguing that the transformation agenda some folks were trying to sell to us was a scam others said it was because we hated their politicians. You spend billions on a building and air conditioners don't work, toilets are flooded, roofs leaking, the whole place still looks shabby. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know we were scammed but lovers of politicians instead of lovers of the country said we didn't know what we were saying

The politicians and those awarding the contracts must have had their own kick-backs too.

See waste and corruption of just one ministryat N17.6 billion, which may be just the tip of an iceberg; imagine what it will be under the entire ministries, state and local governments over the 16 years of PDP!

No wonder Nigeria is at a standstill!
Re: FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 27, 2015
In Abj, they only congested the car park...in PH, all passengers now use a tent #smh

Are we experience world war 3?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos / South-Africa: The Worst Place To Live? / Tanker Accident On Obinagu-Emene-Abakaliki Road, Enugu (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.