Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,583 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? (18516 Views)

Top 9 Tech Blogs In Nigeria / 7 Most Influential Tech Blogs According To Nigerian Bulletin / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by zaho1(m): 12:36am On May 29, 2015
Looking for quality and informative content that will engage you try visiting www.geniusvilla.net
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Techoftoday: 12:47am On May 29, 2015
This blog [www.wearobo.com]still remains my best technology blog.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by ghostofsparta(m): 1:50am On May 29, 2015
kilokeys:
give us tech news on stuff like phones we can afford.. gadgets we access, africanized technology that would benefit the average Nigerian.. and u would see us visit..

dont give us crap about a device that can be used on mars. or some 4D drawing pen shi*t that aint feasible in a fvcking country that cant provide ELECTRICity 24/7 angry

a crass number of mofos visit tech just to get cheat codes and freebies.. undecided
@ bolded
I hope you meant those types that can be converted to technology. Any ideas because I got some.

@MissTechy
Great site you got going. I'm having difficulty registering though.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by kilokeys(m): 5:54am On May 29, 2015
ghostofsparta:

@ bolded
I hope you meant those types that can be converted to technology. Any ideas because I got some.

@MissTechy
Great site you got going. I'm having difficulty registering though.

for example., i am an agricultural Engineer.. we have problems designing a suitable yam harvester..

we cant use the idea of potato harvester because potatoes have a relative consistent shape..
Yams grows as they wish.. in every direction. thus, making it difficult to harvest..

we either come up with another idea or genetically improve our yams to give us a consistent shape..

u dig? those are the kind of tech i seek. and i am sure there are other africanized problems the white man cannot solve for us.. cos its nt their problem
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by ghostofsparta(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2015
kilokeys:

for example., i am an agricultural Engineer.. we have problems designing a suitable yam harvester..

we cant use the idea of potato harvester because potatoes have a relative consistent shape..
Yams grows as they wish.. in every direction. thus, making it difficult to harvest..

we either come up with another idea or genetically improve our yams to give us a consistent shape..

u dig? those are the kind of tech i seek. and i am sure there are other africanized problems the white man cannot solve for us.. cos its nt their problem
Oh I see...

I dig.

I was thinking more of those along the line of indigenous African metaphysics. Specifically to convert certain of our esoteric knowledge into practical technologies.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 29, 2015
Jarus:
Simple: tech awareness is still low in Nigeria.

As a career blogger, I also noticed that people don't comment on articles that are academic and technical.

Many of the guys that contribute to my blog got discouraged from writing because of low engagement their articles attract.

Another thing I noticed: In Nigeria, people see bloggers as no-do-gooders. They just don't want to associate with blog.

Also, people here are usually uncomfortable to comment on blogs. I was surprised recently, when after reading an article a contributor to my blog wrote on James Lafferty, former CEO of CocaCola West Africa, BAT etc, the man himself showed up (God knows how he saw the article - maybe through Google alert) and personally commented. I can't imagine a Nigerian Bank MD commenting on a blog!

I completely agree. However, a call to action could do something.

I have read where you did it, some others do it and few comments suffice.

Something at the end like: 'have you ever had issues with annual leave or heard real-life experiences of others? Please share with us and let's engage. I await.'

This little trigger is something!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by UjSizzle(f): 9:38am On May 29, 2015
I think it has a lot to do with interest and YOU. You can build on viewership through SEO and whatnot, but encouraging comments is different.
You have to find them yourself and that's a problem a lot of Nigerian bloggers have.

Unlike Nairaland posters, a number of people who visit websites and blogs aren't keen on being the first to comment. But they are encouraged to IF there's an ongoing conversation already.

Question is how do you get that conversation started? Simple. Find it by following other blogs with similar interests to yours and leaving comments there.

6/10 bloggers (small-time bloggers) will return a visit and a follow because they are interested in building their network too and there's no better way to achieve that than blog-hopping and inviting your friends.

But if we say interaction is hard work people won't listen. It's easy to write a 'serious' post and dump it on a site. This isn't gossip or comedy--- it's easier for people who write these stuff to find comments. If you're working on a different niche, then you have to drag people there and fashion your posts in such a way that you don't sound "almighty and all-knowing."

And I'll encourage hunting down foreign blogs. Nigerians haven't learned the art of networking right. Or maybe they're just not interested because people want things the easy way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by RobinHez(m): 12:05pm On May 29, 2015
on point miss smiley
UjSizzle:
I think it has a lot to do with interest and YOU. You can build on viewership through SEO and whatnot, but encouraging comments is different.
You have to find them yourself and that's a problem a lot of Nigerian bloggers have.

Unlike Nairaland posters, a number of people who visit websites and blogs aren't keen on being the first to comment. But they are encouraged to IF there's an ongoing conversation already.

Question is how do you get that conversation started? Simple. Find it by following other blogs with similar interests to yours and leaving comments there.

6/10 bloggers (small-time bloggers) will return a visit and a follow because they are interested in building their network too and there's no better way to achieve that than blog-hopping and inviting your friends.

But if we say interaction is hard work people won't listen. It's easy to write a 'serious' post and dump it on a site. This isn't gossip or comedy--- it's easier for people who write these stuff to find comments. If you're working on a different niche, then you have to drag people there and fashion your posts in such a way that you don't sound "almighty and all-knowing."

And I'll encourage hunting down foreign blogs. Nigerians haven't learned the art of networking right. Or maybe they're just not interested because people want things the easy way.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Janyves(m): 12:28pm On May 29, 2015
Not everyone is tech savy..... Every tech site cannot have the same web traffic... And technology is as diverse as the human race.
As long as tech savy Nigerians are not short of ideas....tech-web forums will always exist. Its just that most of em well followed ones are kinda esoteric.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Kazrem(m): 1:06pm On May 29, 2015
Jarus:

One of my writers, who holds a PhD and works in Shell Houston, reduced the frequency of contribution because of poor engagement by readers. I more or less propped him to continue writing.

Imagine, a foreign professor from Germany once contacted him for an article he wrote. The man disagreed with a couple of points he made in the article and sent a lengthy email for robust engagement with my guy. My friend was impressed and didn't know his readership traveled that far.

Yet, people here, who are our major target audience, hardly bother to read talkless of commenting.

I have lost a couple of other fine contributors due to lack of comment/engagement on their articles. It is discouraging.
That's Nigeria and Nigerians for you - hardly read what is beneficial to him but quick to download the latest 2pac song who never knew him. It's very pathetic.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Frankicent(m): 3:19pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:
Hello Everyone,

I recently took a survey and I noticed that Nigerians would love to comment on gossips blogs about other people's lives and not on tech information that can benefit them in their workplace or homes.

I am saying this because I know how hard it is to get comments on a tech blog given the fact that I run one (misstechy dot com), I have also searched top tech blogs in the country and noticed the same trend. Even noticed the trend on Nairaland, anytime a tech post is out on frontpage, people hardly comment or even view it.

Is it that the contents are boring or what?

Why would you choose to comment on other people's trouble but not on something that can benefit you in several ways -
Oya Nairalander answer cheesy

Drop your tech URL let me see
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 3:45pm On May 29, 2015
Frankicent:

http://misstechy .com
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Frankicent(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:

WOOW YOUR BLOG IS COOL. STIL DESIGNED BY YOU THUMBS UP. FEMALE TECH BLOGGERS ARE RARE THAT MAKE TOTALLY UNIQUE, MISSY HOW TO I GET YOUR FACEBOOK I.D? GAT TO TALK TO YOU.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by RobinHez(m): 4:11pm On May 29, 2015
Frankicent:

http://edscienceblog..com
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by RobinHez(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:

why do u do this always? is it a form of seo rating...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 4:19pm On May 29, 2015
RobinHez:

why do u do this always? is it a form of seo rating...

Lol my url was blocked on Nairaland
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 4:19pm On May 29, 2015
Frankicent:

WOOW YOUR BLOG IS COOL. STIL DESIGNED BY YOU THUMBS UP. FEMALE TECH BLOGGERS ARE RARE THAT MAKE TOTALLY UNIQUE, MISSY HOW TO I GET YOUR FACEBOOK I.D? GAT TO TALK TO YOU.

Err my facebook account is misstechy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by RobinHez(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:

Lol my url was blocked on Nairaland
wow! i maintain that the demon called antispam bot is an enemy of progress....got banned 2wice in one day for nothing angry

i'd like to know something, can i mail u?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 4:27pm On May 29, 2015
RobinHez:

wow! i maintain that the demon called antispam bot is an enemy of progress....got banned 2wice in one day for nothing angry

i'd like to know something, can i mail u?

sure
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by RobinHez(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:

sure
ok...sent!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Frankicent(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2015
MissTechy:

Err my facebook account is misstechy

that's your facebook page name quite impressive.. Missy i mean your real profile I.d
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 10:51pm On May 29, 2015
Frankicent:

that's your facebook page name quite impressive.. Missy i mean your real profile I.d

Oh okay, tobi ayeni
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Frankicent(m): 9:24pm On May 30, 2015
MissTechy:

Oh okay, tobi ayeni
sented a request to the 1st person with the name tobi ayeni[a lady] don't no if that's you......
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 30, 2015
davide470:
Lol..

As seen in the 1st banner below on your blog, your pics ain't there.. Put it up and see the effects cheesy

Also, an indigenous example would be nice, take the 2nd Screenshot now, a local example of you or someone would suffice.

Lastly, we are LAZY to comment! Like me sad but am an ardent follower of your blog wink
He's said it all miss techy, he's said it all. Do the needful
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by mployer(m): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
UjSizzle:

Makes sense smiley

kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Adesiji77: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
@MissTechy

I would like to make an enquiry from you via phone tomorrow. Will send a PM to you right away. Thanks
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Adesiji77:
@MissTechy

I would like to make an enquiry from you via phone tomorrow. Will send a PM to you right away. Thanks

No wahala
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by grandstar(m): 10:29am On Jun 18, 2015
MissTechy:
Hello Everyone,

I recently took a survey and I noticed that Nigerians would love to comment on gossips blogs about other people's lives and not on tech information that can benefit them in their workplace or homes.

I am saying this because I know how hard it is to get comments on a tech blog given the fact that I run one (misstechy dot com), I have also searched top tech blogs in the country and noticed the same trend. Even noticed the trend on Nairaland, anytime a tech post is out on frontpage, people hardly comment or even view it.

Why would you choose to comment on other people's trouble but not on something that can benefit you in several ways -

whats ur tech blog?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
grandstar:

whats ur tech blog?

misstechy. com

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Chidexter(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2015
MissTechy:
Hello Everyone,

Hi i stumbled on your blog/site a couple of hours ago. I'd very much appreciate if you find time to reply to comments made by the visitors no matter how small, silly, or downright bizarre they might be. And one more thing, how do i register as a member on it??.
Thank you
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by MissTechy(f): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
Chidexter:

Hi i stumbled on your blog/site a couple of hours ago. I'd very much appreciate if you find time to reply to comments made by the visitors no matter how small, silly, or downright bizarre they might be. And one more thing, how do i register as a member on it??.
Thank you

Hey Chidexter, REAL BIG APOLOGIES FOR JUST SEEING THIS NOW.. do forgive me.

I try my best to reply but would intensify efforts into ensuring I reply all comments moving forward. .There is a register button on the home page. just put in your detais and youd be automatically registerd. onece again sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? by Chidexter(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
MissTechy:

Hey Chidexter, REAL BIG APOLOGIES FOR JUST SEEING THIS NOW.. do forgive me.

I try my best to reply but would intensify efforts into ensuring I reply all comments moving forward. .There is a register button on the home page. just put in your detais and youd be automatically registerd. onece again sorry for the late reply.

Its okay. Thanks
You're doing a great job on that site.
A female who's a tech blogger/expert, hmmm thats encouraging

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Google Adsense / How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / Top 10 Blogs That Accept Guest Posts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.