Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara (19687 Views)

Corper From Benue Serving In Kano Dies (Photos) / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / NYSC Members Sacked And Evicted For Resisting Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 27, 2015
drizzydrag:
Na so educated people scarce for dat local govt? na dat kind local govt deir ladies be like men. And deir men no fit run one round race on bed *wink*
hahaha!!! Guy u talk true oh! The fine girls are so few, and them no dey last for bed. Imagine this one wey I tidy , as I cumm,she say make I continue say she likes it wen its deflated cheesy !!loL!!

1 Like

Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by bueze046(m): 10:02pm On May 27, 2015
Anoda aboki talk......
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by baybeeboi: 10:03pm On May 27, 2015
Justfollowit:

There is Kwara and there is Ilorin. Although they are considered one but according to their sociocultural makeup. Kwara is very Southwestern in comparison to Ilorin. I am.get to meet a Kwara indigene that considers himself/herself a Northerner or as an ally to the North. On other hand, I as a Yoruba lady would be very reluctant to accept the Ilorin as part Oduduwa's nation but I wouldn't mind Kwara.

you still have alot to learn, Buddie

but first, you should start with

a map/ atlas.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 27, 2015
baybeeboi:

i think you need a map or rather an atlas.

Yes sir!
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by tonychristopher: 10:13pm On May 27, 2015
This is an insult to women there

Cheap aint cheap after all
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Pque(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2015
Pavore9:
Are educated women scarce in that area?

na wa o. I don't know hw u pple read nd d kind of ideas that comes to ur head after reading. Mind u, one time speaker of d state comes 4rm dat area nd even a xtian. Hon. Yissa Likalli. The chairman made 3 points simply to foster, support nd encourage unity nd oneness in d country.
1. Marraige
2. Modern Agriculture
3. Personal request.

U didn't see d remaining 2 points nd their importance nd u focus on marraige issue alone hence asking a stupid nd ridiculous question.
I'am nt sure abt d local govt u come from but I won't b amaxed!! Some local govt are busy killing while dis one is eager to help nd yet pple still blaming. U do good, people go talk, u do bad, people go still talk, na which one make person do? Knock urself 3 times 4 dat silly question.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Krisddon: 10:18pm On May 27, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/27/govt-pledges-to-pay-marriage-expenses-of-serving-nysc-members/
Rubbish! Total rubbish!! That's all they can say but pay monthly stipend of 3 to 5k they won't.
Last time I checked, it was governor Al-makura that uttered this balderdash, now another pot-bellied local champion is repeating the same monumental malarkey!
Is NYSC all about marriage? Can't they help in setting up skill acquisition programmes and vocational training?
I hate this absurd programme called NYSC, it's hell in Kogi state!
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Odunharry(m): 10:34pm On May 27, 2015
many people here no even know how that place be
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 27, 2015
story story...
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by fotadmowmend(m): 11:04pm On May 27, 2015
I d go for his daughter !
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by coldFLARES1(m): 11:04pm On May 27, 2015
This guy is in the class of Ogbeni Gbaruff AareEgbeRascal.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by netmillionaires(m): 11:09pm On May 27, 2015
laidesmen217:
Kiama LGA here I come.... serious redeployment on my mind... see free something!!!!! shocked shocked
u dey go kaima... Sorry to say u go really suffer 4 dt village o.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Haywhybaba007(m): 12:26am On May 28, 2015
Hummmm wat a funny 1 but kaimai LGA happens to be one da few LGA's that pay kopas in kwara state though the LGA is very very far nd most kopas posted to kwara hate being posted to the LGA as dere PPA,so bekos of this the LG use various incentives(like this) to draw Kopas to the LGA. As a Kopa being posted to kaimai is like receiving ur 'death sentence' bekos of the long distance ( 6hrs from Ilorin),but to dose kopas posted dere wish u da best nd hope u take the chairman's offer.

served in kwara state in da year 2013/14(batch c)
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nobody: 1:42am On May 28, 2015
netmillionaires:

u dey go kaima... Sorry to say u go really suffer 4 dt village o.

Lol....wetin do d villa
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Osyxcel(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2015
Odunharry:
many people here no even know how that place be

Bros, better grab your copy now grin grin
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by obibanks: 7:43am On May 28, 2015
If you see how corpers were clamouring for this kind of thing in Paiko camp Niger state, I was just thinking whether it's the same NYSC I came for that they are participating in. Marriage this, marriage that
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by netmillionaires(m): 9:38am On May 28, 2015
laidesmen217:

Lol....wetin do d villa
Make I no too talk b4 people go fire me... I served in kwara state... 1st U will be welcomed by Yikpata orientation camp at Edu LGA if u chose Kwara. Situation at the camp is nothing to write home about. Where do I start from? Is it the scorching sun that made 17 people to faint on parade ground within 21 days(I still remember when marching on the last day of camp. While everyone were on attention with the gov inspecting, my marching platoon leader just fell like a mango tree in front of me. Another person was brought forward to replace him only for that one too to collapse too within 5 minutes. I almost collapse too but for my ruggedness. The gov had no option other than to dismiss us), or should I talk about the lever water tap that flows so slow... U will pull and pull for minutes until ur hands ache b4 ur bucket become full. Even when U meet just 15 people b4 u, u will still wait for no less than 2hours to fetch water, or should we talk about the non-availabilty of toilet and bathroom as a result of which corp members have to wake up as early as 3am to take their bath in Kwara extreme morning cold. The morning cold in kwara is very extreme.
When U are about to collect ur posting letter just pray to be posted to Ilorin area else ur sufferings are just about to start. If U were posted to Baruten LGA especially Gwanara, Chikanda, Taberu, Kenu etc area of Baruten.... Or Kaiama and other area towards the Niger bridge... Hmmm. Just b reading Psalm 23 everyday. Though it is generally peaceful but amenities are lacking. 2hours from ur PPA b4 u will see any worthy market or bank. Light is zero in 6 months, to feed is a problem. Don't even talk of where to get pepper to cook cos u will find none. U will have to resort to going 2hour on bike just to buy non-perishable and stock ur house once a month. Let me just stop here. If I should speak of my experience, it will be enough to write a book.

1 Like

Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by netmillionaires(m): 9:47am On May 28, 2015
Haywhybaba007:
Hummmm wat a funny 1 but kaimai LGA happens to be one da few LGA's that pay kopas in kwara state though the LGA is very very far nd most kopas posted to kwara hate being posted to the LGA as dere PPA,so bekos of this the LG use various incentives(like this) to draw Kopas to the LGA. As a Kopa being posted to kaimai is like receiving ur 'death sentence' bekos of the long distance ( 6hrs from Ilorin),but to dose kopas posted dere wish u da best nd hope u take the chairman's offer.

served in kwara state in da year 2013/14(batch c)
where did U serve in 2013/14 8atch C and what platoon are U? I mean the LGA in kwara.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nobody: 9:48am On May 28, 2015
netmillionaires:

Make I no too talk b4 people go fire me... I served in kwara state... 1st U will be welcomed by Yikpata orientation camp at Edu LGA if u chose Kwara. Situation at the camp is nothing to write home about. Where do I start from? Is it the scorching sun that made 17 people to faint on parade ground within 21 days(I still remember when marching on the last day of camp. While everyone were on attention with the gov inspecting, my marching platoon leader just fell like a mango tree in front of me. Another person was brought forward to replace him only for that one too to collapse too within 5 minutes. I almost collapse too but for my ruggedness. The gov had no option other than to dismiss us), or should I talk about the lever water tap that flows so slow... U will pull and pull for minutes until ur hands ache b4 ur bucket become full. Even when U meet just 15 people b4 u, u will still wait for no less than 2hours to fetch water, or should we talk about the non-availabilty of toilet and bathroom as a result of which corp members have to wake up as early as 3am to take their bath in Kwara extreme morning cold. The morning cold in kwara is very extreme.
When U are about to collect ur posting letter just pray to be posted to Ilorin area else ur sufferings are just about to start. If U were posted to Baruten LGA especially Gwanara, Chikanda, Taberu, Kenu etc area of Baruten.... Or Kaiama and other area towards the Niger bridge... Hmmm. Just b reading Psalm 23 everyday. Though it is generally peaceful but amenities are lacking. 2hours from ur PPA b4 u will see any worthy market or bank. Light is zero in 6 months, to feed is a problem. Don't even talk of where to get pepper to cook cos u will find none. U will have to resort to going 2hour on bike just to buy non-perishable and stock ur house once a month. Let me just stop here. If I should speak of my experience, it will be enough to write a book.

Hahahahahahahahahahhaaha.......
Chiisos!!!!!
This is really a hell of an experience ooo...
Nice writeup and thanks for the information...
So that LG chairman wan come use pesin do pepper soup abi....My God pass am...
Usain Bolt things on my mind
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by netmillionaires(m): 10:54am On May 28, 2015
laidesmen217:

Hahahahahahahahahahhaaha.......
Chiisos!!!!!
This is really a hell of an experience ooo...
Nice writeup and thanks for the information...
So that LG chairman wan come use pesin do pepper soup abi....My God pass am...
Usain Bolt things on my mind
I am telling you my bro. Our bus left d orientation camp at exactly 1.15pm on the day of the final parade Oct 26. We got to Ilorin around past 3pm... Out of curiousity we decided to ask d driver how long it will still take. D driver's only response was 'E still far o' but no one knew how far. We finally got to Kosubosu, Baruten LGA where d LGA council is situated by 7.56pm... The 1st thing I noticed was my Airtel line changing to Moov Benin republic. Baruten is the name of the LGA but was divided into 4 region because it is too big. Even each of the 4 region is too big for a local govt. We were welcomed by old batch corpers at the corpers lodge opposite the council. The posting formalities started the next day 27th Oct and took us 2 days. We couldn't even go to our PPAs because most people PPA is still about 2.30minutes from the LGA council. What if people went to their PPA and got rejected? They will av to come back to the council again which is a waste of money, time and other resources. The Local Inspector only asked us to sign some bank account forms, hand over our posting letter, gave us 2k as refund for our transportation from Yikpata to Kosubosu, Baruten and then asked us to go back home and come back in 30 days time. We left and returned in January. Who wan come back on Dec 1st only to travel for Christmas again. Before we left, they promised to contact our employers and ensure that no one got rejected and those rejected reposted without stress on d part of the corpers. We left Kwara for home on the 29th Oct and stay back home till January 2nd. See enjoyment...
When we returned to d LGA council on the 2nd. We had to stay at the lodge till the next monday so we can do monthly clearance b4 going to our PPA because if we were to go to our PPAs and return 5 days laters it will be too stressful. On that monday after the monthly clearance. Everyone going to my part of the LGA had to pack themselves in a van like a pack of sardine. We paid #650 per head as a result. I was put on a bike cos d van was full. It took us 2hours from Okuta part of Baruten LGA to my PPA. I almost fainted on d bike because the road was so bad that the bike keep bumping into pothole every 5secs... During d rainny season, the road will become so bad that we will have to get down from bike, remove our shoes and wallow in running water. The Okuta venue was arranged as a more centralized venue for our monthly clearance because going to Kosubosu will take us 2:30mins.
Whenever we took the 2hours to Okuta on d 1st week of the month to attend monthly clearance, we will take our time to withdraw some money and buy things like, rice, indomie, seasoning, canned milk, dried bitterleaves, egusi and other things that can't spoil within a short space of time. Sometimes we will also buy chicken because that's d only opportunity to eat chicken in a month. When we get back to our PPA we will smoke or fry d meat so that we can manage it for a week. No light and refrigerator to store food. People don't sell fruit there nor vegetable to cook. D only time u get to eat fruit is when that fruit is in season. U will see lots of cashew trees, mango trees(diff species), guava and pawpaw. So u can pluck them and eat to ur satisfaction when they are in season... The cashew helped me a lot in fighting sickness. If ur money finish na to either borrow from a fellow corpers or take the 2hours journey to the bank and pay #2,500 for transportation because na only U but my money hardly finish because I lecture in a college of Education which pay us #4,000 stipend per month apart from other income we get during examination period. And we always get local allowee like #2,500 every 2-3 months...
Hospital no dey o. Na just some locals dey put up dilapidated buildings and call it hospital. The only medical corper posted to my PPA had to get a reposting because there is no experience to gain on d job. If u fall sick better pack ur load dey go ur mama house unless u wan die because na quack go treat u.
We walk long distance everyday just to fetch water to drink, cook and bath. Even the said water is bad. I got so sick with Typhoid that I had to run down to lagos and spent almost a month during the INEC voters card distribution exercise in Kwara...
The only advantage we had was that the place is not motorable that no single inspector bother to check on us till we finish service. Infact they haven't been to the area in 5years cos of the road. We use d opportunity to go home when new corpers are about to come...
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Nnaemekajibor: 1:38pm On May 28, 2015
pls forget them naso they just talk, most of them get HIV, and they are womanizers, so they keep finding a corper to infect with their sickness,pls corpers be careful, i served there.
Re: LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara by Haywhybaba007(m): 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
netmillionaires:

where did U serve in 2013/14 8atch C and what platoon are U? I mean the LGA in kwara.

Served in Moro LGA,precisely jebba and as for platoon l rep platoon 6(Da agile platoon). wat about u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boi Establishes N2bn Fund For NYSC Members / NCCF Corpers Lodge In Abuja Razed By Fire (Pictures) / Best Government Parastatal Or Agency To Serve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.