Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,574 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi (713 Views)

Jumbo Pension: Our Dead Colleagues’ Spirits Won’t Forgive Ex-govs, Deputies – Pe / I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done - Amaechi / We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by msmon(m): 3:17am On May 28, 2015
THE Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, on
Wednesday fired what seemed to be another salvo at the state Governor-elect, Chief Nyesom Wike, ahead of the Friday’s inauguration.

Amaechi, who declared that he would not forgive or
settle the feud between him and Wike, unless justice was seen to have been done, had on Tuesday
accused the governor-elect of being behind the
deaths recorded in the state during the general
elections. Wike had denied the allegation.

The governor made this declaration during his 50th
birthday thanksgiving service at the Corpus Christi
Cathedral in Port Harcourt, while reacting to the plea by the Catholic Bishop of Port Harcourt Diocese, Most Rev. Dr. Camillus Etokudoh, that both politicians (Amaechi and Wike) should reconcile their differences in the interest of the people.

Amaechi, who agreed that the views of the bishop in a Catholic church should not be opposed, maintained that justice must come before forgiveness, adding that those that were killed during the general elections and their families must get justice.

Amaechi expressed surprise that the bishop congratulated Wike on his victory during the
governorship election in the state, even as he called
on the church to join the All Progressives Congress in praying that the party reclaimed its mandate.

He pointed out that the mandate of the APC in the
state must be reclaimed at the election petition
tribunal before any reconciliation could be embraced.

“My Lordship talked about forgiveness. In the
Catholic Church you don’t oppose the views of your
bishop. His words represent an order. If you oppose
him you may be barred from taking Holy
Communion.

“You are not a true Catholic if you don’t receive the
Holy Communion. But Your Lordship, the same
Catholic doctrine also states that justice comes
before forgiveness.

“All those that were killed during the last general
elections must get justice. Their families must get
justice. Our party, the All Progressives Congress,
must get justice first at the petition election tribunal. Our mandate must be retrieved at the tribunal.

“I am surprised that My Lordship congratulated
Nyesom Wike here today. I am using this opportunity to call on the Church to join the APC in praying to God so that we can reclaim our mandate.

“Reclaiming our mandate at the election petition
tribunal will represent a measure of justice. We must seek justice before reconciliation,” the governor stressed.

Amaechi, however, said that he was shocked by
some of the people that betrayed him, adding that
God will forgive them at the appropriate time.

He thanked members of the Rivers State House of
Assembly, who, according to him, supported him
without getting money from him.

“I was shocked by some of the people that betrayed
me. At the appropriate time, God will forgive them.
Let me use this opportunity to thank members of the Rivers State House of Assembly for their support all through the crisis. I did not give them money to stand by me. I commend them for their sacrifice,” he said.

He explained that the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Mrs. Gesila Khan, had not given the APC the voter register, which the
Independent National Electoral Commission used in
conducting the last general elections in the state.
Earlier, the Catholic Bishop, Etokudoh, had congratulated Wike for his electoral victory and
urged him and Amaechi to settle their differences.

“As for the outgoing governor and the incoming
governor, I urge them to work together so that there will be peace. We need peace in Rivers State.

“There can be no reconciliation without forgiveness.
There will be no peace without reconciliation. So, it is time for the outgoing governor and the incoming
governor to reconcile so that peace will return to
Rivers State. No matter their differences, they should reconcile in the interest of peace,” Bishop Etokudoh, who was delivering a sermon at the event, added.

The cleric described Amaechi as a courageous
person, adding that the governor had touched many lives in the eight years that he was the chief
executive of the state.

Etokudoh, however, stated that though Amaechi
performed creditably as a governor, some people still prefer to begrudge him.

Among those at the occasion are Edo State Governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun; a former governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; a former Governor of Rivers State, Chief Rufus Ada-George; a former Transport Minister, Alabo Graham-Douglas; and Kaduna State Governor-elect, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai.

www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-forgive-wike-unless-justice-is-done-amaechi/ lalasticlala
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by coolzeal(m): 3:22am On May 28, 2015
These two men need to be locked in a room so, they can box each other out and settle their differences.
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by coolcharm(m): 3:29am On May 28, 2015
Move on. Karma is serve you both what you deserve. #good_or_bad
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by Nobody: 4:02am On May 28, 2015
Amaechi, please take the advice on Wike's press release.

Seek spiritual and medical attention urgently. undecided
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by Polithiefcian(m): 4:09am On May 28, 2015
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by 99100(m): 5:11am On May 28, 2015
Taa! Who needs his forgiveness.In the word of Wike ; who cares..
A nicompoop like him who thought he was an iroko tree until his much expected fall. As myopic as he was , he never saw the defeat on his candidate coming.
No wonder they said the Butterfly thinks itself a Bird.
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by Chibaba247(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2015
don't waste ur time and money going to the tribunal. wike will govern u for 8yrs,take it or change ur origin to katsina
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by msmon(m): 6:50am On May 28, 2015
TalkAmaechi obviously talk too much! I hardly believe whatever he says again, he might end up getting himself jailed for libel.
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by Demdem(m): 6:59am On May 28, 2015
This makes sense from the best Governor of Rivers in recent times.
Justice first and then forgiveness.
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by profpets(m): 7:06am On May 28, 2015
Wait and see
Re: I Won’t Forgive Wike Unless Justice Is Done – Amaechi by sinizia: 7:31am On May 28, 2015
Noisemaker, is Wike asking for your forgiveness? STFU because all your illegally sworn-in LG chairmen will soon be kicked to the curbs when Wike resumes offices and your azz will be probed!!

Get off your high horse, Wike doesn't need your peace or forgiveness. Shove it far up you heinie!!

(1) (Reply)

Never Shall We Have A President Like Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Again In Nigeria / Muhammadu Buhari! Better Start Running By Orji Iheanyi / Naira May Be Devalued Again – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.