Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition (722 Views)

APC: The Beginning Of The End - Abba Mahmood / APC, The Only Party That Has Development Agenda — Amaechi / How Saraki Bowed To APC - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by youngalex(m): 5:54am On May 28, 2015
One of the greatest benefits of the Jonathan loss is that Nigeria has also lost an opposition in the manner of the APC. Its a great day for our country to be free of an opposition party that elevated opposition to government to the level of opposition to nation.

They groomed social media hirelings and mentored thousands of muck rakers. It was the APC that re-defined patriotism to mean how much and how hard you can lash out at the President. Young men and women formed comrades of fellowship and bonded together in muck raking. Anything dished out by a comrade is liked, retweeted and shared, at times without even reading through.

I will not wish my enemy an opposition like the APC. I even pray that the PDP will not form the kind of opposition that the APC represented. Here was an opposition that opposed virtually everything. I pray their body chemistry is reprogrammed thoroughly so they don't even oppose themselves when they get into office...KEN AGALA

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by fashoo2010(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2015
It is called strategy to oust a government in power..

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by Nobody: 6:09am On May 28, 2015
Have you seen the Democrats and Republicans at loggerheads? They oppose each other on everything. So please don't come here and start demonizing nigerian political parties.

All these things are good for accountability and transparency.

3 Likes

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by Waspy(m): 6:10am On May 28, 2015
Op, sorry oo. Obviously, the nation wanted that your so-described opposition
Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by Rawani: 6:11am On May 28, 2015
For a party that was as humongous and monstrous like the PDP, information which is the only, yet most lethal power available to free men was utilized, enhanced and amplified by the power of the web and social media in order to uproot the fangs of the party that was so powerful it boasted of ruling for 60 years uninterrupted. All the APC did was provide awareness that Nigeria is not completely helpless and change is possible if the people can unite across borders and tongues.

Information is power.

2 Likes

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by disloman(m): 6:11am On May 28, 2015
youngalex:
One of the greatest benefits of the Jonathan loss is that Nigeria has also lost an opposition in the manner of the APC. Its a great day for our country to be free of an opposition party that elevated opposition to government to the level of opposition to nation.

They groomed social media hirelings and mentored thousands of muck rakers. It was the APC that re-defined patriotism to mean how much and how hard you can lash out at the President. Young men and women formed comrades of fellowship and bonded together in muck raking. Anything dished out by a comrade is liked, retweeted and shared, at times without even reading through.

I will not wish my enemy an opposition like the APC. I even pray that the PDP will not form the kind of opposition that the APC represented. Here was an opposition that opposed virtually everything. I pray their body chemistry is reprogrammed thoroughly so they don't even oppose themselves when they get into office...KEN AGALA
Where u av an opportunity to earn urself a reputation,U now F up.What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by jaybee3(m): 6:12am On May 28, 2015
Opposition is healthy in every democratic setting. They are meant to help ensure accountability as well as providing checks and balances in the legislative tiers of the government

We need another vibrant opposition voice so hopefully PDP will rise up to the challenge

Remember Nigeria is for ALL so we all have a stake in it!

3 Likes

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by modath(f): 6:20am On May 28, 2015
@OP,
The problem with ignorance is that unlike most illnesses, the carrier most often than not refuses all forms of treatment and would prefer to wallow in its aura...

One of the greatest evils to have ever befallen 21st century Nigeria is the PDP&the outgoing administration was sent straight from the pits of hell!! Not ONE single saving grace, NADA!

Take your time to do a little research about the parties in the western(US,UK & France will do) world, their polical standpoint and their strategies & you'll be better informed.

If you claim APC was a ruthless opposition to PDP, pray tell me how we got "Janjawied" and B0kohari"..FFK, Mama Piss, Okupe, TANoids etc played nice too I believe.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by Nobody: 6:24am On May 28, 2015
we'll know which party will form the worse opposition in the coming days. Pdp have even started with buhari before inauguration.
with FFK, Fayose and people like you, I can not imagine
Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by texazzpete(m): 6:26am On May 28, 2015
Don't you mean 'goodbye PDP'?

Once the self-acclaimed biggest party in Africa, now a regional party with diminished influence...destroyed ruthlessly by a mediocre president.

Now the party is locked in bitter in-fighting where it's governors vs NWC and seems poorly prepared for opposition.

Bye-bye pdp. Bye bye TAN. You'll not be missed

Sorry OP...the paychecks will soon dry up.

1 Like

Re: Goodbye Apc-the End To A Demonized Opposition by GogetterMD(m): 6:52am On May 28, 2015
kovak:
Have you seen the Democrats and Republicans at loggerheads? They oppose each other on everything. So please don't come here and start demonizing nigerian political parties.

All these things are good for accountability and transparency.
No mind the OP, na learner. Hr expects the opposition to pat the ruling party on the back for a job well done

(1) (Reply)

Gunmen Burn 250 Houses In Plateau Village / 236 Pensioners Have Died Over Unpaid Allowances —osun NUP / Photos: Edo State Workers Protest Non-payment Of 9 Months Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.