Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? (1049 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 7:09am On May 28, 2015
I myself would like to witness the historic inauguration of General Buhari as President, but I have the apprehension that Eagle Square could be a restricted area tomorrow. Will patriotic ordinary Nigerians who wish to witness history be allowed into Eagle Square tomorrow for the inauguration, or attendance is strictly by invitation?
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by midolian(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2015
Its strictly by invitation, bro.. If not, the likes of shakau will enter and do what he knows how to do best.
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2015
midolian:
Its strictly by invitation, bro.. If not, the likes of shakau will enter and do what he knows how to do best.
Please, are you serious that it's strictly by invitation? Talking about Shekau whom you mentioned lol, I understand the issue of security. But I thought anyone who wants to attend will be screened and thoroughly searched. I am not a government official, neither do I belong to any political party, I am a patriotic private citizen, so does it mean that I won't be able to witness the inauguration?
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by midolian(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2015
jiorhemen:

Please, are you serious that it's strictly by invitation? Talking about Shekau whom you mentioned lol, I understand the issue of security. But I thought anyone who wants to attend will be screened and thoroughly searched. I am not a government official, neither do I belong to any political party, I am a patriotic private citizen, so does it mean that I won't be able to witness the inauguration?
I am sorry u won't be able to witness the inauguration..I have seen it several times on NTA that its strictly by invitation.
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by henchamb(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2015
jiorhemen:

You no get tv for house
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by Alexisu: 7:54am On May 28, 2015
jiorhemen:

Of course, it should be strictly on invitation, eagle square cannot accommodate the people that would love to be there if the gate is thrown open to all and sundry.
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2015
midolian:
I am sorry u won't be able to witness the inauguration..I have seen it several times on NTA that its strictly by invitation.

Thanks
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2015
Alexisu:

Of course, it should be strictly on invitation, eagle square cannot accommodate the people that would love to be there if the gate is thrown open to all and sundry.

you have a point
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by theSpark(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2015
This makes me wonder why the Inauguration Committee didn't put plans for viewing parks around eagle square where jumbo screens will be put in place for public viewing.

Security too I guess.
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by donphilopus: 10:25am On May 28, 2015
jiorhemen:
I myself would like to witness the historic inauguration of General Buhari as President, but I have the apprehension that Eagle Square could be a restricted area tomorrow. Will patriotic ordinary Nigerians who wish to witness history be allowed into Eagle Square tomorrow for the inauguration, or attendance is strictly by invitation?

This is for you @OP!

Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 28, 2015
Allowed into Eagle square? So that you bad belle go use evil eyes fall him down .. NO WAY. Watch d inauguration from your respective homes
Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2015
donphilopus:

This is for you @OP!
Yes, I have seen it too, thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Will The Public Be Allowed Into Eagle Square On May 29 For The Inauguration? by jiorhemen(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2015
theSpark:
This makes me wonder why the Inauguration Committee didn't put plans for viewing parks around eagle square where jumbo screens will be put in place for public viewing.

Security too I guess.

I think it is because of security and space

(1) (Reply)

Talk Africa Vs Nairaland / Opinion: It Is A Big Shame That Obama Did Not Visit Nigeria / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.