Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. (737 Views)

APC Tweets About Money AIT Got From GEJ's Administration. Do You Agree? / Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by Temmyturpe(f): 10:38am On May 28, 2015
GEJ has piloted the affairs of this Nation for six years now,and tomorrow it's all gonna end, his ADMINISTRATION would be remembered for so many things - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Among many, these are the few I can easily point out, feel free to remind me of any:

FUEL SUBSIDY which led to the increase in the pump price of petrol from N65 to N141 and eventually back to N97, and of course it was slashed to N87 last two months.

UNILAG to MAULAG:The president proposed the change of name In honour of late Chief Moshood Abiola, but of course Stakeholders and akokites trooped to the street that same day to protest against the new name.

ONE TERM AGREEMENT which He later clarified saying he never signed such an agreement with anybody

BATTLE WITH AMAECHI together with Madam @ the top before Amaechi eventually left PDP for APC, the cause of the long battle? I still don't know

FIGHT WITH SANUSI the former CBN governor over the $49bn that went missing from the Federal Government's account.

COLD WAR WITH BABA IYABO: To me Obasanjo almost became GEJ's biggest critic on different issues at different times with his written Letters and Books (Don't forget Baba started this OPEN LETTER thing that we now do today, now you see a student writing an open letter to his Vice Chancellor, and all of that, even EKSU's Enactus Team wrote an open letter to the Government during the EBOLA crisis over their visa denial). Thanks to Baba for the open door.

AGRICULTURE This is one major area of commendation for his administration according to reports and what I heard, but ofcourse our Agricultural Analyst (lol) would say until the effect of such effort is felt on the prices of foodstuffs in the market, then nothing has been done, I beg to differ on this though cos it's a gradual thing and there are no magic in development and economic growth.

BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY: The sect became prominent, intensified and strong under this administration, that doesn't change the fact that they have been in existence long before now, we just never heard of them.

CHIBOK GIRLS: The abduction of over 200 school girls, most of whom were taken to Sambisa Forest, was a major challenge to this administration, to Nigerians and even to the global community, and people are not just happy with the way the case is being handled, this led to the hashtag 'BringBackOurGirls'.

NIGERIAN GOVERNORs FORUM CRISIS: That was where 16 votes were considered to be higher than 19 votes among the governors,Gov Amaechi got 19 votes while the other Govy got 16 votes and the latter was recognised as the winner.

DAME's Constant Implicating and bla bla bla speeches:I have nothing to say on this before you accuse me of what is not.

ACCEPTANCE of April 11 2015 Election: The act of calling GMB while INEC was still releasing the results made this Man a hero to some of his fans(me inclusive), I know of some people who would never have accepted if Jonathan had been declared the winner and Nigeria would have experienced an MKOlike chaos if you know what I mean. Though conceding defeat is expected of every elected official but we know better.
CONSTITUTION : I am positive that our new constitution would be signed into law before the end of today.
To cut this long story short before I begin to bore someone, GEJ and his Team had done theirs and I wish the Incoming Administration a successful Tenure, Nigerians would be here as usual to Appraise, Evaluate and Criticise their decisions from time to time so as to keep them on their toes and to remind them of their CHANGE talk. Olukunle Temitope

FP ooo
Re: Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by Brytawon(m): 10:42am On May 28, 2015
Land for rent and not for persons under 18.
I see this making FP but in the main time I'll like to call on all Nigerians to believe in this country coz we have no other place to call our own.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by Ayoswit(f): 10:47am On May 28, 2015
Y
Re: Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by natnoble(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2015
he might not be the best president ever but aleast he has lead a country of over 250 different languages n interest.
Re: Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by bettercreature(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2015
natnoble:
he might not be the best president ever but aleast he has lead a country of over 250 different languages n interest.
I am going to miss Mama peace i swear,she is Jose mourinho of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gej's Administration In A Summary: The GOOD, The BAD And The UGLY. by natnoble(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2015
bettercreature:
I am going to miss Mama peace i swear,she is Jose mourinho of Nigeria
she was a great entertainer with few controversies around her.

(1) (Reply)

Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri: Am Curious, Army Comand: Were The Hell Are You? / Photos;newly Elected Afdb President,akinwunmi Adesina,meets With Atiku In Abuja / Effcc Arrests Ifeanyi Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.