Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 (4918 Views)

If You Did Not Read Any Of These Books, You Did Not Grow Up In The 90's / MUST READ: Before You Buy That School Of Nursing Admission Form! / Ten Books You Should Read Before You Leave This Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 by joehotnaija(m): 11:07am On May 28, 2015
10 BOOKS YOU MUST READ BEFORE YOU ARE 30

Author: joseph sunday | 15:47 | No comments |
10 Books Every One Must Read Before 30 (SHARE THIS)

These are books I have come across that changed my life for good and I think anybody who gives in to reading these books will also recommend them to others…

1. The Bible: Finding God and purpose to life

This age- defying book apart from giving spiritual and life’s guidelines to a man, also helps in quenching his thirst for knowledge, explain mysteries, and help man in his search For God. It is true of this passage, Psalm 119: 105 “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path”.

2.The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change – Stephen. R. Covey

If you desire change, want to lead the life of a suceesful and effective individual, the book is a proven for those who have read, it works everytime, it has loads of insightful knowledge about leadrship, effective living and inspiration.

3.Think and Grow Rich: Motivation and self development – Napoleon Hill

Think and grow rich is the most important financial book ever written,The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE.

.Wishing will not bring riches,” Hill writes. “But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, will bring riches.”

4. Purpose Driven Life- Rick Warren

This is the book that actually spurred my reading motivational books after listening to Pastor Sam Adeyemi preached about it , Though I have read other books such as the Richest man in Babylon( Napoleon Hill), Rich Dad, Poor Dad (Robert Kiyosaki), but this book by Rick Warren made me aware of what I am actually looking for in the other books. The book helps you define your purpose, and once you have that , other things in your life takes on meaning, your actions are geared towards a particular result, you have a stress-free and more profitable existence by living a life of purpose

The book’s 40 chapters are divided into six major sections, with the following titles

What on Earth Am I Here For?
Purpose #1: You Were Planned for God’s Pleasure (Worship)
Purpose #2: You Were Formed for God’s Family (Fellowship)
Purpose #3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
Purpose #4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Ministry)
Purpose #5: You Were Made for a Mission (Mission)

5. My Vision: Challenges in the Race for Excellence: Nation Building- Sheikh Mohammed bin

The author, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. In his book,he expresses a message of optimism that if all the constituents of any given society agree to excel in all fields, different cultures and religions can coexist without the slightest problem. The proof he provides is Dubai itself. Dubai’s unique development experience sets a creative example for the Arab world to follow. This young country is making every effort to achieve excellence and upgrade its status from a regional economic centre into an international hub. It is striving to excel in services, tourism, the knowledge economy and creative human resources in order to reach its ambitious development goals. The book makes one understand that there is no challenge if you can foresee the end results, or know the expected problems and how to solve them. A challenge is an experience , you understand only that you have embarked on a journey that is new and unexplored, You survive only by your determination , patience, strong will and great desire for sucess.

6. Rules of Life- Leadership and sucess-Richard Templar
This one of the five in s aeries books explaining about apersonal code for living a better, happier, more successful kind of life.Other titles in this series are “rules of management”,”rules of work”, “rules of parenting” and “rules of love”.

7. How to make friends and Influence People- Dale Carnegie

You can go after the job you want…and get it! You can take the job you have…and improve it! You can take any situation you’re in…and make it work for you!

For over 50 years the rock-solid, time-tested advice in this book has carried thousands of now famous people up the ladder of success in their business and personal lives.The book is summarized into four parts:

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
Six Ways to Make People Like You
How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment

Dale Carnegie’s other book, “how to stop worrying and start living” is an excellent read too.

8. Oxford Dictionary- Self help

This is an easy to understand dictionary with example sentences, meanings, definitions, proverbs, idioms , famous quotes and guide to spellings and pronunciations.It Includes: thesaurus, mini encyclopaedia, maps, diagrams , helps with computer,legal, medical, business , investment and financial terms. Its a mine of information, it should always be a companion , even if its a pocket sixe, it helps you improve on a daily basis, avoid contradictions, increase your knowledge, speaking and writing skills and provide you with meanings of unfamiliar terms when you need it.

9. The 48 Laws of Power: Power and mastery – Robert Greene

Greene’s book, The 48 Laws of Power, is a practical guide for anyone who wants power, observes power, or wants to arm themselves against power.The laws are a distillation of 3,000 years in the history of power, drawing on the lives of strategists and historical figures like Niccolò Machiavelli, Sun Tzu, Haile Selassie I, Carl von Clausewitz, Queen Elizabeth I, Henry Kissinger, and P.T. Barnum. Each law has its own chapter, complete with a “transgression of the law,” “observation of the law,” and a “reversal.” Rappers and movie moguls have accepted this book as theri bible, In as much this book is a guide to mastery of power , but not all laws are applicable, each law has its advantage and faults as observed to in the book,one needs enough wisdom to discern and apply the laws as the circumstance dictates.

10. Power of a praying wife: Family- Stormie Omartan

Prayer is vital when we are discouraged or worried. Seek encouragement through prayer. This book is a must have for every woman who wants to keep her marriage, improve on her relationships, raise responsible children and birth nations. It makes us understand that for every woman, Praying for your hubby’s is a given. There is so much power and blessings in praying, nations are built, rejections, angers and fears are uprooted from the mind, strongholds are pulled down, dreams turned to realities and disappointments turned to successes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 by Paulpaulpaul(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2015
I'm 30 and have read just 4, should I kill myself or commit suicide?

A very good collection I must say.

1 Like

Re: 10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 by PatrickLik: 8:55am On Feb 13, 2019
Thanks for the selection of books. Be sure to pick something for yourself. I also want to advise you to find the right way to express your thoughts and write articles. If this is difficult, then you can order a service [url=orderessay.net/fast-essay-writing-service.html]fast write essay[/url]
Re: 10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 by Ayshakhan922(m): 11:04am On Sep 29, 2019
This is a book that prompted me to read some inspiring books after listening to Pastor Sam Adeyemi preach about it, though I've read some books like The Richest Man in Babylon (Napoleon Hill). We can go for https://customessaysreviews.com/custom-writing-org-review/ . This book by Rick Warren made me know exactly what I read in other books. The book helps you define your purpose, and once you have that, some things in your life begin to have meaning.
Re: 10 Books You Must Read Before You Are 30 by Carsons(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2019
And how much will it fetch me before 30? ��

(1) (Reply)

NECO Nov/dec 2015 Exam Registration Has Started... / 16 Striking Facts You May Never Have Come Across (shocking) / Nigerian Army College Of Nursing Past Questions And Answers | Download Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.