Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? (51818 Views)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / Conversation Between A Mother And Her Child Who Caught Her Cheating On His Dad. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by piagetskinner(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2015
What kind of mother asks such question, I do not think she is mature#shame
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by masqot(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2015
This is a serious issue that every parent contends with at a point or the other. The question is healthy but asking it is unhealthy. At a point the questioner must have fallen short of his or her expectations. In stead, a parent should try and do his or her part to be a lovable one without jeopardizing the unity of the family.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by moxsella(m): 7:04pm On May 28, 2015
Shiro Niyen?
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Ibsgal(f): 7:24pm On May 28, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't think it is healthy,at this point, I can understand if you said, a child is more fond of one parent than the other, not love. A child should be taught to love both parents, one parent may bond better with the kid than the other but the child must know that they are both as important, mothers especially owe it to her kids to constantly remind them "daddy loves you" for the fathers that are mostly away on work or even any reason, except the man's a murderer grin.

A parent should not ask such questions, it wouldn't hurt much if that question was asked by an outsider, because the child would answer innocently, naming the one he/she is more fond of, but when a parent asks, the child thinks "something's wrong" and tries to seek refuge with the parent he feels can protect him, truly, something has to be wrong before such question is asked.

By saying that the friend's mother wanted to feel loved, I don't mean that she expected her son to love his father any less. She probably just wanted him to act affectionally towards her as he does towards his father. A mother should never encourage a child to love her more than the father. In fact she should be happy that she was able to provide her child a father that can be loved. You are quite right, it is not healthy for a child to be expected to love one parent over the other, but a child will love his/her parents differently and for different reasons, and there exists a grey line between fondness and love, most people would often interpret one for the other.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Chivee(f): 7:33pm On May 28, 2015
Brings me to this point.
Stop trying to know everything
Because u can't always handle the truth.

This is comparable to asking your b.f. or husband ,who just returned from a one week-trip to Brazil, whether he cheated.

Sometimes its better to look ahead & let go of some doubts or insecurities because u might never ever be ready to hear the real truth.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by cococandy(f): 8:00pm On May 28, 2015
She's a silly woman
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Spells(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2015
tpiadotcom:

True that.

However, the op is d.umb for opening the thread though, probably one of those "this or that" people always thinking in superlatives.

And @ op what is wrong with the child loving/liking one parent more than the other ( in response to your foolish scenario). Na another person's parent im go mention?

Perhaps one parent is laid back while the other is a disciplinarian-of course the child will vouch for the fun loving parent, doesn't mean he wont appreciate the stricter one .
help me tell da op oh,all fingers ain't equal... Sometimes i like my some part of my body more than da others but it does mean i hate da rest, all I've got diff purpose n use
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by comelylady(f): 8:05pm On May 28, 2015
undecidedI will say " mum, I love you the same way you love me and I love that the same way he loves me"
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Impulse80(m): 8:12pm On May 28, 2015
DrGroove:
Any child who loves his /her father more than mother

is

SICK

who can be compared to a mother?

Father that can abandon you at anytime, marry a new wife n have hundreds of you?

My mother first, my mother middle, my mother last

Father is just to provide money.. and once the child is able to fend for his/herself financially

Father is not of any use!
wtf!

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by semanose: 8:34pm On May 28, 2015
DrGroove:
Any child who loves his /her father more than mother

is

SICK

who can be compared to a mother?

Father that can abandon you at anytime, marry a new wife n have hundreds of you?

My mother first, my mother middle, my mother last

Father is just to provide money.. and once the child is able to fend for his/herself financially

Father is not of any use!
I don't agree.
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by adejaresalami1(m): 9:56pm On May 28, 2015
make Buhari take over first before ah go answer..
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by ayodejisure: 11:11pm On May 28, 2015
Borrussia:
When I was still in my late teens, a friend of mine told me about a certain question his mum asked him, the question goes thus:

"Who do you love and cherish most between I and your Father."

To which my friend replied saying he love and cherished his father more, his mother countenance changed and she felt downcasted thereafter.

Now my fellow Nairalanders, even though I wasn't able to give a precise answer to my friend then, I still think the mother shouldn't have asked that kinda question, thence, I might be wrong. But still, if that were to happen to any of you guys, what would be your reaction?

Cc. ishilove lalasticlala

Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Graccccccccy(f): 12:07am On May 29, 2015
Dat No hard nw........ If bein askd by my mum wud answer 'luv u more mum'. If by my dad 'love u more dad'. Simple, komu ija dani
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Pheals(f): 12:45am On May 29, 2015
xtervaganza:
ole ni e
same to u
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by xtervaganza(m): 3:56am On May 29, 2015
Pheals:
same to u
youre such a wicked person, i almost broke my neck trying to view your picture
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Islie: 3:57pm On May 29, 2015
@Borrussia .......why did you deactivate

Hope its nothing sha
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by tpiadotcom: 4:02pm On May 29, 2015
why cant people remove their topics before or instead of deactivating?
Re: Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? by Pheals(f): 4:59pm On May 29, 2015
xtervaganza:
youre such a wicked person, i almost broke my neck trying to view your picture
try and broke your neck u will see it wella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? / Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant / Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.