Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! (1033 Views)

APC To Buhari: Probe Wike’s Tenure As Minister / I'm Not Afraid Of Buhari Government- Ifeanyi Uba / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by msmon(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2015
FEW hours before the expiration of her tenure, the
outgoing Minister of Finance and Coordinator of the
Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has that she is not
afraid of being probed by the President- elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

Following allegations of official corruption, there
has been strident calls for the incoming Buhari administration to probe the outgoing President
Goodluck Jonathan administration.

But, the outgoing President has said that while he
is not against such probe, it must extend to the
administrations before his, stressing that anything
such of that would be a witch-hunt.

Responding to what she described as attack on
her by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State,
the minister, in a statement on Thursday May 28,
2015, Okonjo-Iweala said, “There is no substance
in the wild allegations that money is missing from
the account or that finances of the country under
her watch have not been well managed.”

“I have no reason to fear Buhari. Those who
cannot adequately explain what they did with
the resources of their states and are begging for
bailout are those who should to be scared,” she
stated.

Okonjo-Iweala denied claims by Oshiomhole that
she has been speaking out lately because of the
fear of Buhari.

“If there is any minister whose voice has been
strong on the right issues over the past four
years, it is Okonjo-Iweala,” she added.

The minister said she has no apologies for insisting
that a claim of N159 billion for forex differentials by
the marketers out of a total bill of N200billion
should go through an additional verification process, stressing that when over 80 per cent of a subsidy claim is made up of forex differentials and not the value of the amount of fuel supplied, the proper thing to do is to ensure that the country is not cheated.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/05/im-not-afraid-buharis-probe-okonjo-iweala/ lalasticlala
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by deebsman1(m): 6:07pm On May 28, 2015
in case
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 28, 2015
Let the probe BEGIN...

Nobody is scared... Big Ups Ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by SHARIAREPORTERS: 6:09pm On May 28, 2015
Buhari will end up probing till his tenure comes to an end I doubt if dis guy got plans for dis country He's just promising us castle on air

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by fako1(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2015
GEj and his cabinets are busy going to the media to say they aint afraid of probe. Underground, they are busy running to abdulsalam and past presidents to plead to buhari on their behalf.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:11pm On May 28, 2015
U better be. Even Jonathan has started eating prison food

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by midolian(m): 6:11pm On May 28, 2015
Its easy to say..

From tomorrow, you will know Buhari wasn't named "Okechukwu" for nothing.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by danny301: 6:23pm On May 28, 2015
You don't have to be afraid, after all nothing gonna happen to that has not happened somebody somewhere before.... But nobody should cry selected justice, ethnicity, vendetta etc when probe begins.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Leebeedo(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2015
fako1:
GEj and his cabinets are busy going to the media to say they aint afraid of probe. Underground, they are busy running to abdulsalam and past presidents to plead to buhari on their behalf.

Most people on this forum assume carelessly and you're not excluded. Deizani visited abdulsalami and he outrightly said in public the purpose of her visit and here you are assuming that everyone is paying abdusalami a visit.

Too much children on this forum

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 28, 2015
Leebeedo:

Most people on this forum assume carelessly and you're not excluded. Deizani visited abdulsalami and he outrightly said in public the purpose of her visit and here you are assuming that everyone is paying abdusalami a visit.

Children? They're in the thousands here!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by msmon(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2015
In case of what?

deebsman1:
in case

On Topic:

Many people will bash me for saying this but in reality Nigeria need people like this in our administrative system (not the corrupt iweala ooo) because it's strange to see a woman so boastful in sight of imminent probe!
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by DankemzI(m): 6:34pm On May 28, 2015
You can only run pass Okonjo Iweala when you run Mad
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Bright4(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2015
GMB should not be carried away with probe issues. Bcoz probing will take another four yrs without succeed. So I suggest our General shu start with a welcome and reasonable agendas.

Can't wait to see and feel A NEW NIGERIA

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by satelliteDISH(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2015
She seem to b one of the UNTOUCHABLES among the CABALS.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Iamoilprince(m): 6:37pm On May 28, 2015
Ok ma. Lets see how it goes. Baba go expose all of una
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 28, 2015
fako1:
someone like beautiful diezani madueke
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Flets: 6:48pm On May 28, 2015
And all of a sudden

It doesn't matter that someone condemned the attack of the military on Bokoharam

It doesn't matter that someone described an attack on Bokoharam as an attack on the north

It doesn't matter that someone urged muslims to vote only muslims in a secullar country like Nigeria

It doesn't matter that someone committed to the spread of sharia across the country (the feasibility is a diff topic)

It doesn't matter that someone instigated the death of over 1000 Nigerians just because he lost an election in 2011

It doesn't matter that someone enacted retroactive laws to deal with a select set of people

It doesn't matter anymore that someone ended democracy with the barrel of a gun to assume office

Does it really not matter anymore..... Time shall tell.

We might have just killed morality and damned our sensibilities to the HOPE of a better Nigeria.

And please don't tell me he is my president for the next 4 or 8 Years cos I know that already and that is not the thrust of my thought process.

In sane societies, these would matter. Even if he wins such elections, he would be approached with so much consciousness and carefulness but not with all open arms because the words of a man defines a man and people hardly change.

Just before you scream Sai Baba..... Something must be wrong with the black race.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by jorlons(m): 6:50pm On May 28, 2015
That's good cause we need you composed and not fidgety when Baba starts asking you questions. We need you to be relaxed so you can fully give account of how you managed our Federation accounts.

And please don't do anything that would make us seek for extradiction. I'm just saying. Since you said you have nothing to fear. Once again we are happy you've inputed all you learnt from Hazard university and we wish you Goodluck in your future endeavours i.e if you're clean.
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by fako1(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2015
Leebeedo:

Sir! with due reapect, you av spoken well. Nigeria politicians are so foolish like (some so called) adult that will come out publicly and say "The motive of her visit was to talk to the president-elect on her behalf".

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 28, 2015
Flets:
And all of a sudden

It doesn't matter that someone condemned the attack of the military on Bokoharam

It doesn't matter that someone described an attack on Bokoharam as an attack on the north

It doesn't matter that someone urged muslims to vote only muslims in a secullar country like Nigeria

It doesn't matter that someone committed to the spread of sharia across the country (the feasibility is a diff topic)

It doesn't matter that someone instigated the death of over 1000 Nigerians just because he lost an election in 2011

It doesn't matter that someone enacted retroactive laws to deal with a select set of people

It doesn't matter anymore that someone ended democracy with the barrel of a gun to assume office

Does it really not matter anymore..... Time shall tell.

We might have just killed morality and damned our sensibilities to the HOPE of a better Nigeria.

And please don't tell me he is my president for the next 4 or 8 Years cos I know that already and that is not the thrust of my thought process.

In sane societies, these would matter. Even if he wins such elections, he would be approached with so much consciousness and carefulness but not with all open arms because the words of a man defines a man and people hardly change.

Just before you scream Sai Baba..... Something must be wrong with the black race.
the TANoids
Re: I’m Not Afraid Of Buhari’s Probe – Okonjo- Iweala Boast! by Imokay: 8:43pm On May 28, 2015
midolian:
Its easy to say..

From tomorrow, you will know Buhari wasn't named "Okechukwu" for nothing.

A fitting name will be 'Okwonkwo' because he will be a stern ruler. No time for jollification

(1) (Reply)

New Refinery Plus 1,500 New Jobs Coming To Rivers State And Nigeria-guardian / Lalasticlala: We Need Explanation On This Or Seun Will Hear It / Tinubu's Niece Speakes On Nigerian Health Care (video) - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.